Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

90 Day Address Reporting Experience at Jomtien Immigration Office on 3 June 2014

G Baht

For what’s worth, today (3 June) I went to the Jomtien Immigration Office to do my mandatory 90 day address reporting (I have a non-immigration O-A “retirement” visa).  According to new guidance posted on the Pattaya City Expats Club page and discussed in many Thailand-related forums, the Jomtien Office reportedly no longer required photocopies of the passport face page, last entry stamp, latest extension stamp nor copy of the departure card effective March 2014. Supposedly all one needed to provide was a completed Form TM.47 (Form for Alien to Notify of Staying Longer Than 90 Days) and your passport.   Not so fast!!!!   I arrived at the Jomtien office at about 1500.  There were two male Thai officers working at the 90 day reporting desk (desk #3).  When my number was called (I waited about 10 minutes) I handed the officer the Form TM.47 and my passport; surprisingly he asked for photocopies of all the items listed above that had reportedly been discontinued.  Fortunately I brought copies with me just in case.  Not sure if this is a new changed in procedures (again!) or a one-off aberration.  TIT.

Another example of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing., It seems to happen a lot in beaucracies.

I reported a few days before that and had all the required documents with me.  I had no waiting time at all - got the number from the front desk and it was immediately put up to go to the desk.  

The lady officer typed some stuff into the computer and then handed me a printed TM47 that had all my details on it. I was told that for next time all I needed to do was bring that in and sign it - nothing else would be required.  I was also handed back all the photocopies of passport pages, arrival card and proof of current address.  So definitely some changes have occurred in the procedures.  Maybe its a new procedure and not all officers are up to speed.

Hi Guys,

Where is said office ?

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Hi Guys,

Where is said office ?

Jomtien....Soi 5

I reported a few days before that and had all the required documents with me.  I had no waiting time at all - got the number from the front desk and it was immediately put up to go to the desk.  

The lady officer typed some stuff into the computer and then handed me a printed TM47 that had all my details on it. I was told that for next time all I needed to do was bring that in and sign it - nothing else would be required.  I was also handed back all the photocopies of passport pages, arrival card and proof of current address.  So definitely some changes have occurred in the procedures.  Maybe its a new procedure and not all officers are up to speed.

I've read other posts about the "lady working at the computer" at desk #3.  She was not there when I went, so I wonder if that may have had something to do with how the immigration officers handled things on the afternoon of 3 June.

For what’s worth, today (3 June) I went to the Jomtien Immigration Office to do my mandatory 90 day address reporting (I have a non-immigration O-A “retirement” visa).  According to new guidance posted on the Pattaya City Expats Club page and discussed in many Thailand-related forums, the Jomtien Office reportedly no longer required photocopies of the passport face page, last entry stamp, latest extension stamp nor copy of the departure card effective March 2014. Supposedly all one needed to provide was a completed Form TM.47 (Form for Alien to Notify of Staying Longer Than 90 Days) and your passport.   Not so fast!!!!   I arrived at the Jomtien office at about 1500.  There were two male Thai officers working at the 90 day reporting desk (desk #3).  When my number was called (I waited about 10 minutes) I handed the officer the Form TM.47 and my passport; surprisingly he asked for photocopies of all the items listed above that had reportedly been discontinued.  Fortunately I brought copies with me just in case.  Not sure if this is a new changed in procedures (again!) or a one-off aberration.  TIT.

Sounds like you were not in the system under the new procedures. If you were, you would have had a computer generated copy of your TM47 stapled to your passport from your previous visit.

Just back from my 90 day report. I lucked out 90 days earlier and got the computer generated TM47, so reporting this time was a breeze. No other documents or copies required. Unfortunately the new system was no longer working so they've reverted to the old way of doing things. Next report I'll have to bring a new TM47 and all the requisite supporting documentation.

Stuff like this is the reason I pay a Thai agent to do my 90 day reporting for me.

For 200 baht, he does the paperwork and takes my passport down to Soi 5. I pick it up at his office the next day. 

Stuff like this is the reason I pay a Thai agent to do my 90 day reporting for me.

For 200 baht, he does the paperwork and takes my passport down to Soi 5. I pick it up at his office the next day. 

You trust some "visa agent" with your passport?

His office is in my condo building and he's been there for years. Loads of my neighbors use him.

Never any problems and if you've created your own problem, he can get it fixed.

I trust mine with the visa agent that I use.  She is very, very good and this is her business.  Many people use her and never any problems.

I last went on 1st April and they took the handwritten form and passport photos. tore off the bottom of form and pinned to my passport.

While i always take in case ,they have never asked for proof of address last few times i went.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

• 1 month later...
You do not have to do the report in person – you can have someone else do it for you. You can also report by registered mail

I use registered mail, costs 15 baht.  I used to report in person in Jomtien but I live in Bangers now and Chang Wattana is a good distance from where I live.

Retired

Be aware that the TM.47 has changed slightly recently (there are a couple of new lines at the bottom of the receipt part) and the new version is not yet on the immigration website.  I'm not sure if it's possible to load a copy of the .pdf to this website ... 

TM47.pdf

I went for my 90 days last Friday, nothing new happened, I was in and out in less than 3 minutes

Archived