IGNORED

need name of village

supplyman

In 1981 on the way home from a job in Saudi Arabia I stopped in Thailand to see a friend from work. His village was a 3 hour bus ride north from Bangkok. There is a Thai Air Force base there that the U.S. used during the Vietnam conflict. There is a mountain next to the base. anybody know the name of the village? I have been to Thailand 8 times on R/R from a job in Afghanistan and would like to look up my old co-worker. thanks

The only place that is 3 hours from Bangkok that fits your description would be khorat or Nakorn Ratchasima. This was the largest US base during the vietnam conflict. I havn"t been to khorat but i know it has a famous mountain range .

Korat city is a lot more than 3 hours from Bagnkok - about 5  - and its a very big city.  Maybe a village outside of the city, but there are hundreds of them.  Do you have some photos to give a bit more of a clue to where it is - maybe featuring a tourist attraction that could still be there after 31 years.

Korat city is a lot more than 3 hours from Bagnkok - about 5  - and its a very big city.  Maybe a village outside of the city, but there are hundreds of them.  Do you have some photos to give a bit more of a clue to where it is - maybe featuring a tourist attraction that could still be there after 31 years.

256ks away and it DON'T take 5 hrs  :Think1:

I did take a picture of the thai name of the village at the railroad station but have no idea how to post it. it was a small village and my friend lived on cement plant road.

I did take a picture of the thai name of the village at the railroad station but have no idea how to post it. it was a small village and my friend lived on cement plant road.

Try "more reply options" at the bottom of the page and then "attach file"

• 3 weeks later...

Why not try google :Think1:

i see your pointing at your own empty temple.

Archived