IGNORED

Windows 7 Two Hard Drive Partition Problem

zerocool

Hey guys,

I put together a small PC for a home theater (HTPC).

I have two hard drives installed a 120GB SSD drive and a 500GB sata drive.

I installed Windows 7 on the SSD drive and everything set up fine but the Reserved 100MB partition set up on the 500GB drive.  

Can someone tell me how I can move the Reserve over to the SSD drive and keep the whole 500GB for data storage?

Thanks in advance.

Zero

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I put together a small PC for a home theater (HTPC).

I have two hard drives installed a 120GB SSD drive and a 500GB sata drive.

I installed Windows 7 on the SSD drive and everything set up fine but the Reserved 100MB partition set up on the 500GB drive.  

Can someone tell me how I can move the Reserve over to the SSD drive and keep the whole 500GB for data storage?

Thanks in advance.

Zero

100mb partition on your data drive really isn't going to matter all that much. Did you mean 100gig? If so, you could something like Partition Manager to move it. It is free. Just be weary of what you are actually moving as you could require a startup repair as well. Also, if you meant 100gigs, then also be a little weary of system requirements. Windows 7 install recommendations are 16gigs for 32 bit and 20gigs for 64bit. You'd be cutting it close by moving a 100gig partition to a 120gig drive. I'm sure capacity is smaller after formatting too.

• 1 month later...

Just Start again , Format the 500GB HDD so Its Clean, Disconnect the 500GB HDD and do the Install on the SSD Drive after Install is complete Reconnect the 500GB HDD just to make sure you Dont have the same issue again.. that would be the simplest Solution for a Novice without trying to play with Boot Managers..

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

It is only 100MB. Considering 100MB is 1/10th of 1GB means you could have 5000 of those stored on your 500GB HDD.

Moreover, think it as you now have 100MB of extra space on your SSD to install applications that you want to be "fast & snappy". Personally I wouldn't sweat it.

Yeah it needs that 100mb to run I believe. Don't worry about it, be more mad that your 120 gig SSD is more like 96.

• 9 months later...

The 100mb partition is there for BitLocker, Windows Recovery and boot. Leave well alone unless you are confident with Partition Manager or similar.

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

Archived