IGNORED

Soi Honey becomes a hub of boutique hotels

tonyacat

During my first time visit to Pattaya ten years ago, I stayed in the old Breeze View hotel before its renovation. At that time, soil honey was fully of beer bars and even the Honey massage Parlour had not yet opened.

In recent years, I find many small boutique hotels, well-decorated outside, not sure about inside the rooms, are graduately erected. The location is good, access to both 2nd road and Soi LK Metro within a short walk. The room prices are however almost all around 1000+ baht (except the two Sawaadee Group hotels can't remember its name), a bit higher than the average of Soi Buckhao.

Two hotels are opened recently, 247 Boutique hotel and The Scenery City hotel. I walked pass them today and asked the rate, 247 is a bit up price, 1600 baht, and Scenery City is 1200 baht. There are many more, Honey hotel, H Boutique hotel and others with a bar attached downstairs. hotels at soi honey can be an alternative during high season and festival period when those in Soi Buckhao are tight. Last X'max, new year and Chinese New Year, I needed to stay in guest houses in Soi Lengkee near the 3rd road. Their rate is not cheap but the rooms are very small.

I'm tipping it is going to turn into Little India!  And before the political correct police start bagging me, Nakula is referred to Little Germany and top end of Soi 1 and 2 is referred to as Little Korea!

A nice hotel opened opposite the Queen vic in soi honey, still building it. You got these rich Korians Japanese walking out of this hotel to be greeted by a run down British bar who does late night sports and cider festivals LOL.

I'm tipping it is going to turn into Little India!  And before the political correct police start bagging me, Nakula is referred to Little Germany and top end of Soi 1 and 2 is referred to as Little Korea!

So where's little Russia?

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

Honey massage has always been popular with the Indians, so perhaps you are right. They can get in big groups and fill lots of rooms.

I stayed in The Scenery for a week last trip - they had a 1000 baht walk-in rate. It's good, brand new and all that. Only problem was I had to air out the room every time I walked in - the result of a considerate previous guest smoker, who'd ignored the no-smoking policy.

I was looking at it for later this years but it had zero availability if looking more than about 8 weeks ahead - group bookings?

Archived