IGNORED

Dilemma fork out 1000 euro for 12 nights in the marriots or save 700 by staying in PBR

tobeornottobe

I have a trip to pattaya booked as part of my holiday to australia from ireland in August , I would like to stay close to Walking Street and treat myself butI'm wondering if the saving of staying in the PBR would be best service on other expenses if you know what I mean. I stayed in PBR before and it was fine inexpensive and with no construction at the time it was quiet yet very close to the action and you didn't have to go down to reception to collect the girls from DD like I did in other places, just wondering if the extra luxury is worth it

Each to there own, if you have lots of cash, then why not

Myself, I would rather stay in 1000baht a night places, and spend m money on other things

Swimming pool, decent location, clean and decent hotel, balcony can get for 1000baht

Marriott is nice, but really not as nice as it should be given the price. I think the grounds and general atmosphere of the place are really nice, but the rooms are not worth the price in my opinion. Breakfast is super nice too, but who wakes up early enough?

What's PBR?

pattaya bay resort...  

if spending the extra money doesn't affect your ability to spend on other stuff, then what's the issue?

if it does affect your ability, then save money on hotel to spend on the important stuff!

:)

Marriott is nice, but really not as nice as it should be given the price. I think the grounds and general atmosphere of the place are really nice, but the rooms are not worth the price in my opinion. Breakfast is super nice too, but who wakes up early enough?

What's PBR?

What ^he^ said.

It's nice, but not that much better than the competition (if at all), but has a large gap in price.

There are a lot of smaller places that you'd probably enjoy as much or more that are cheaper, usually if you just get to the far end of the Soi from the beach (ya, like 100 meters) the price goes down fast.  You walk up or down the Soi one way or the other, either to Beach road to get to Walking Street, or from second street coming back from Walking Street. I'd rather have the shorter walk on the way back.

On my upcoming trip in June i have booked the LK Empress a Deluxe beachfront, King size bed with jacuzzi and for the 3 nights including breakfast cost me £225.66. For location it is located next door to Mike shopping Mall so the location is very good.

Even if I had the money I don't think I'd stay at the Marriott. Prefer a nice guesthouse anyday.

I've stayed in Pattaya 20 plus times including Marriott & PBR.     

Marriott is good location but pricey and maybe you will get caught by reception and need to pay a fee for a joiner.

PBR is like a building site, noisey and dusty.   Poor view from the front.

I now stay with my TGF at Blue Sky hotel, Soi 5.    32sqm room, wifi, aircon etc.  No Breakfast but available.  Has good balcony and

is quiet on the night.  Easy walk to taxi on beach road, or from 2nd road.    1200bht per night.    Bargin.

I've stayed in Pattaya 20 plus times including Marriott & PBR.

Marriott is good location but pricey and maybe you will get caught by reception and need to pay a fee for a joiner.

PBR is like a building site, noisey and dusty. Poor view from the front.

I now stay with my TGF at Blue Sky Hotel, Soi 5. 32sqm room, wifi, aircon etc. No Breakfast but available. Has good balcony and

is quiet on the night. Easy walk to taxi on beach road, or from 2nd road. 1200bht per night. Bargin.

No joiner fees at the marriott, just do it well worth the $

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I've never had a joiner fee at the Marriott, even when walking slowly by reception at 2am with my 2 girlfriends for the night... Everyone just smiles and gets the elevator for us.

if your not hung up not the brand like Marriot , then it's better to save the money and stay some where else . lots of options you should go on Agoda website and read the reviews and choose the one's you like , i am usually staying at soi 2 or soi 4 beach road when i visit . hotels like vista , mike orchid , baboona and baan khunine all are guest friendly and value for money options

I can get both Page 10 and the Stay for half the price of the marriott , hardly seems worth it now since both of these hotels are amoung the top rated. The Marriott is probably better than both but surely not twice as good?

I suppose it would depend on how much extra the bit of luxury is going to cost. I'd rather pay circa €35 a night for something in Soi Diana rather than paying the inflated prices in the Hilton or Hard Rock or that ilk > €100. I'd rather save the yo yo's staying in Areca or LK Metropole and spend it on other things.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

it really comes down to how much money you have, and whether or not shelling out more for a hotel will detract from your fun budget...

if it does, save money, if it doesn't, go for the 5 stars!

it really comes down to how much money you have, and whether or not shelling out more for a hotel will detract from your fun budget...

if it does, save money, if it doesn't, go for the 5 stars!

I don't think that Marriot is 5 stars.  As a brand, I think the 5 star Marriots are "JW Marriots", like the one in Sukhumvit.

If you wanted money's not an object type quality, there's nicer I'm sure. If you want a bargain, there's certainly cheaper. 

Even at Marriot's price, there is similar quality cheaper, or higher quality at a same price, it just takes a bit more searching than just scanning the list of names for something familiar.

Yep. Agree! That's why I said 5 stars not marriott!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

If you can get one of those Marriott end rooms on the upper floors of the newer wing then do it. I think there are three of them and they are very nice--huge decks and lots of windows! I asked for one when I checked in and the receptionist gave it to me for the same price as the deluxe rooms. Otherwise, the deluxe rooms are average and not worth the price. 

No brainer for me. Keep my money for leisure activities. Once I have nice clean room with air con and good shower then that's all I need and you will get that for 25- quid a night. All that extra dosh for ice cream down Soi 6 is the way to go,,,,

Why not go for a middle ground? Why decide between 1k baht and 4k baht per night? Go for the great 2-3k/night hotels maybe? intimate ex tim boutique. The LK hotels. That way you spend about 650€ or so and have a great hotel still.

Archived