IGNORED

How Full Are Flights?

StrikeEagle

I keep reading about how tourism is down in Thailand. This would lead me to suspect that flights to the kingdom are flying at less than full capacity. Yet, I've yet to read a report about any half-full flights. I've looked at scheduling for several airlines, and have yet to notice either reduction in air fare, or reduction in the number of flights to BKK. Granted, it's only been a week, and it will likely take more time before the airlines react to any change in demand, so a lack of change in this regard does not surprise me. 

I suspect that the long haul flights to hub cities like Tokyo, Taipei, Inchon, or Hong Kong may not show much change. That said, I do expect that the BKK flights will.  We've got a pretty large community, here, and I'd expect that we should be able to garner some info from some of the guys who've landed "in country" over this past week.

How about some of our recently traveled BMs sharing their flight experiences? How full was your flight?

StrikeEagle
"When you care enough to send the Best in the World"

Pussy Prices IMO, Beach Road (Coconut Bar) ST 500 - 800; LT 1000-1500, May be similar in Bamboo and PBG or slightly dearer: Bars and some massage places, bar fine 300-400; ST 800 - 1000; LT 1000-2000, may be cheaper later in the evening: Agogos, bar fine ST 700 - 1000 bar fine  LT 1500 ST 1500-2000, LT 2000-3500: IBar, Insomnia, other Discos, early  expensive getting cheaper as sunrise approaches but 1000-3000 depending: Feel free to PM me with updates

I can report on two flights into BKK:

27/05/14 Perth to BKK - about ten seats per passenger

30/05/14 London to BKK - flight full (I was not on this flight)

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I don't think I've ever been in a flight from NRT or Taipei to Bangkok and vice versa that was NOT packed, at least in economy class.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Actually, there are multiple reports on the board that the flights into bkk are empty- most of them are buried in the 140 page coup thread.

In addition, Cathay Pacific has cancelled 2 of their daily flights between bkk and hkg until further notice ( I did not check other airlines).

When I arrived into bkk last Sunday the flight was perhaps 20% full and immigration at Swampy was deserted.

my flight, 26/5, from Amsterdam, was heaving, saw only 4 empty seat from where I was sitting! but Amsterdam is Europe's hub!

From report of another BM here Eva was only 25% full Heathrow to Bangkok of yesterday

I was flying last time on the 17th From KL to BKK (Thai Airways). There it was already only 75% full I would guess. Usually this flight is more occupied. I can imagine that now it is even worse...

I can only assume they are very empty as jetstar have decided to bump my singapore to Bangkok flight so I know have a 5 hour stop instead of 1.5!!! Bastards

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

Thai Airways cancelled one of their flights from London to BKK on Tuesday due to lack of passengers. They're also allowing passengers booked on/before 22 May until 30 June to change their flights at no extra cost. They must be anticipating cancellations if they are waiving fees. 

Thai airways from shanghai tonight was packed, long weekend in shanghai this weekend may have helped.

Thai Airways cancelled one of their flights from London to BKK on Tuesday due to lack of passengers. They're also allowing passengers booked on/before 22 May until 30 June to change their flights at no extra cost. They must be anticipating cancellations if they are waiving fees. 

They are never cancelled for lack of passengers.  The original Flight out of Bangkok must have been cancelled. You dont arrive at Heathrow and park a widebody at £32,000 an hour because of a lack of passengers this end. You also then have an aircraft out of position for its next rotation

They are never cancelled for lack of passengers.  The original Flight out of Bangkok must have been cancelled. You dont arrive at Heathrow and park a widebody at £32,000 an hour because of a lack of passengers this end. You also then have an aircraft out of position for its next rotation

Not sure Caress. I saw it on my twitter feed that it was cancelled due to passenger numbers and passengers were re-booked on the midday flight the next day.  

Archived