IGNORED

Bus From Suvarnabhumi To Pattaya

gregkai

Hi all,

I will arrive sunday 25 March at 4PM at suvarnabhumi, and, contrary to my previous trip, plan to go diresctly to pattaya, no 1 night stay in bangkok for me this time :Raspberry6:

I have never done that, from Don Muang it was easy: took a metered taxi to Mor Chit bus station, then the aircon bus to Pattaya, then the baht bus to my hotel... around 400-450 bahts all included...

I could do that from the new terminal, but it will be more expensive and slower (I will have to go to ekkamai I think, but still longer than the don muang - mor chit trip), and it does not feel right to go up to bangkok before coming down again to pattaya, there must be a better way - I hope :)

I know many people take the taxi direct to their pattaya hotel, but I am a cheap charlie and usually enjoy the bus anyway, not too slow and I actually like to travel with the locals (them enjoying my company after a 15h flight is another story ;) ). I would really like to avoid paying a taxi alone (taxi sharing is another story, anyone insterested? blink - blink ;) )

So do anybody know if there is a bus line direct to Pattaya? what times and from where do it leave? Price cimilar to Morchit/Ekkamai? I remember seeing something about free shuttle to a suvarnabhumi bus-train terminal, but details are foggy.

I hope somebody did the trip already and have some info !

Thanks in advance,

Kai.

hi just get the airport courtesy bus to the bus terminal there are 5 busses per day direct to pattaya think last bus 5pm 200 bht

hi just get the airport courtesy bus to the bus terminal there are 5 busses per day direct to pattaya think last bus 5pm 200 bht

Thanks! Is it far away from the airport arrival? My flight land exactly at 15h55, so it may be a little on the short side if I have to make it to the bus terminal before 5PM... :Raspberry6:

Link - BKK Airport Online - Bus Service

This is the schedule: BUS NUMBER 389

Bus Number 389 - Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya 9.00am,13.00,17.00,19.30pm 106 or130 baht

I also found this at Thai Visa:

Here is the latest information on the above bus services. I went to Pattaya Northern Bus Station on Pattaya Nua today and spoke with the office of Bell Travel Services Co Ltd who are running this service under license from the Government.

The office is in the Bus Station at the top by Bus Park on the right in a separate building. Busses are new blue and white Air-Con coaches which look very comfortable. There is also an air-con waiting room. Email: [email protected]

Pattaya - Bangkok Airport is 150 baht. Booking recommended Tel: 038-370-055-6

Timetable

06.00 am

09.00 am

13.00 pm

17.00 pm

Bangkok Airport

Edited by picoman
  • Thanks 1

San Francisco Cocksucka !!!

"Hey, you ever hear, Tom, the Chinese whore has a ancient way of milking ya of yer sorrow, your loneliness and that awful feeling of bein’ forsaken?"

"Seems to me that’d leave you with nothing."

Link - BKK Airport Online - Bus Service

This is the schedule: BUS NUMBER 389

Bus Number 389 - Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya 9.00am,13.00,17.00,19.30pm 106 or130 baht

I also found this at Thai Visa:

Here is the latest information on the above bus services. I went to Pattaya Northern Bus Station on Pattaya Nua today and spoke with the office of Bell Travel Services Co Ltd who are running this service under license from the Government.

The office is in the Bus Station at the top by Bus Park on the right in a separate building. Busses are new blue and white Air-Con coaches which look very comfortable. There is also an air-con waiting room. Email: [email protected]

Pattaya - Bangkok Airport is 150 baht. Booking recommended Tel: 038-370-055-6

Timetable

06.00 am

09.00 am

13.00 pm

17.00 pm

Bangkok Airport �“ Pattaya is 200 baht. Booking recommended Tel: 02-747-4673

Timetable

09.30 am

13.30 pm

17.30 pm

The lady in the office spoke English and said you will be dropped off at the Airport Terminal Departures Level 4 direct NOT at the Bus Station, in the Transportation Centre. Pick up will be on Level 2 Arrivals Door 10, but please phone 02-747-4673 as you arrive to confirm pick up service is required.

Thanks a lot Picoman, very helpful! I will phone this WE, gotta love those internet sip phones, calling thailand is cheaper than calling 5 Km from home :Raspberry6:

-snip-

-snip-

Following the info of picoman (thanks ! :Laugh1: ), I contacted them and have more accurate info:

here it is, edited/repackaged by me (it was a few email with my questions and their answer)....

First, the fares:

*from suvarnabhumi airport to hotel in downtown pattaya: 150 baht

*from hotel in downtown pattaya to suvarnabhumi airport: 150 baht

*from hotel in downtown pattaya to hotel in bangkok: 300 baht

*from hotel in bangkok to hotel in downtown pattaya: 300 baht

in each case The fare includes service transportation to your hotel in the city.

bus schedule:

airport->pattaya: 8.00/10.00/12.00/14.00/16.00/18.00.

pattaya->airport or hotel in bangkok 6.00/9.00/11.00/13.00/15.00/17.00/19.00.

On your arrival at the airport, Bell travel service staff will be waiting for you on Ground

Floor gate#7 next to Tourist Police counter, holding "Pattaya - Bell Travel

Service" sign. Then she will lead you to the bus which parks outside the

terminal.

It is better to make advance reservation (I guess the number of seat is limited), email adress is [email protected] .

The lady (I think Sirisong is a lady name) answering email write very good english and is very helpful and pleasant,

so given the fares ( a real bargain imho, it may reconciliate me with suvarnabhumi, before knowing about bus services I missed don muang too mut!),

I made a reservation :A2M:

The time to pattaya is about 2 h.

I will make an update on the service and comfort after my trip (only a few days to wait! :Hug1: ), but it alsready look cheaper and more convenient than my taxi -> morchit, aircon public bus ->pattaya, baht bus -> hotel routine...

I guess it will be only farang and not thais in the bus, though, pity I liked the brutal immersion of the morchit or ekamai bus station :) but who knows? at 150 baht I may be surprised ;)

thanks for all the information on the buses I hope it stay's the same for my trip in september. please keep an update if any thing changes fellows. I and a lot of other BM will greatly appreciated it

• 3 weeks later...
I will make an update on the service and comfort after my trip (only a few days to wait! :Chokdee3: ), but it alsready look cheaper and more convenient than my taxi -> morchit, aircon public bus ->pattaya, baht bus -> hotel routine...

I guess it will be only farang and not thais in the bus, though, pity I liked the brutal immersion of the morchit or ekamai bus station :Hello: but who knows? at 150 baht I may be surprised ;)

Now that I am back, I can comment on the bell travel bus company with a first hand experience: In one word: excellent!!! :A2M:

The time from suvarnabhumi to your hotel door (or the other way) is

Depatures are on time, and the last bus at 19h from pattaya to airport is nice for my usual flight which are around midnight...

Only good things to say, highly recommended.

Only drawback, it is not used by thais, this is the only advantage of the morchit/ekkamai public busses for me (beeing surrounded by local peoples put me in holliday mood better ;) )

I hope the service continue, which is not sure: during my airport-pattaya trip we were 5 in a full-scale bus, back it was better: 10 in a smaller bus, but no way they can make benefits or even break even with such low occupancy. Fortunately, it seems they make their money with tours, that some of the busses are fully booked. I hope so, as it would would be a pity if the service dissapeared.

One practical remark: the rendez-vous point at the airport is not so easy to find, it is on ground floor (1 level down from where you pass the immigration and get your luggage), in front of gate 7 (rotating exit gates are numbered) in front to a small police desk. Meeting point is 1 or 2 ladies with a cardboard panel though, so quite easy to miss if you do not know exactly where to go. Best to book in advance (internet, or phone), they will try to pick up all people that have booked (but will not wait more than 5 minutes for them, departure is on schedule)

Edited by gregkai

Great info thanks - but is the email address [email protected] or [email protected] ?

<!--START COUNTER CODE--><EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2-1.swf?title=Time%20to%20Pattaya&count=down&time=1331452800000&bgc=0x0077cc&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0xcccccc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xcccccc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"><br><div style="width: 500px; text-align: center">Use the <a href="http://www.webgamedesign.com/countdown.php">countdown generator</a> to create your own <a href="http://www.webgamedesign.com/countdown.php">countdown</a>.</div><!--END COUNTER CODE -->

• 6 months later...

Sure is - during peak hours. Catch a shuttle bus to "Transportation Center"

Used the service twice .they pick you up at your hotel and take you to your hotel .1hour and 45 minutes ,booked as e-mail ,it is very popular with Indian tourists ,so its best to book only 150 baht ,coaches are very modern ,roadworks are the only problem ,they might finish it oneday :GrinNod1:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm confused are we talking about two different busses. There is the bell bus service but is there also another bus service running from the new airport?

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

Yeah there are atleast 3 serices... Bell Bus Company, Route 389 and route 9905 (that starts at Morchit and so getting a good seat at the airport are slim...)

Bell has the most buses. Start times *, 10 AM, 12 Noon 2,4 and 6 PM from the airport

I'm confused are we talking about two different busses. There is the bell bus service but is there also another bus service running from the new airport?

I'll answer my own question with the excellent post I found from BM Chiller. Thank you.

There are three different bus companies operating.

Roong Reung's Blue and White coach service departs from the airport bus depot to Pattaya Nua station at the following times: 8 AM, 11 AM, 3 PM and 7 PM . The Ticket office window is in the airport bus station terminal. Use the free shuttle bus from the airport to get to the bus station a couple of kilometres away. Price 106 Baht to Pattaya Nua.

Bell Travel goes directly up to the new airport each day from Pattaya Nua Bus Station (ticket office bungalow in the car park to right) at 06:00, 09:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00 and 19:00. Two ticket prices, depending if you book to be picked up by Bell Travel minibus from your home, 150 Baht or 200 Baht. From the airport terminal you can meet Bell Travel to return to Pattaya at 0800, 1000, 1200, 1400, 1600 and 1800 on Level One, Door 7 - see their rep in this area or phone her on 089 - 449 8843. You will find the rep inside on Level 1 on the far left before you get to the food court at the end. This is in my opinion the best service, as the Bell minibus will take you to your nominated hotel after the Bell bus stops at Pattaya Nua. Their friendly staff will handle your luggage as well.

A Yellow Bus to the airport leaves from Jomtien's Chaiyaphuk Road, (the office is near Jomtien Beach Road ). Tickets can be purchased 1 day in advance (no need, the bus is normally half-empty). The current schedule is:

Pattaya to Airport: 0900, 1300, 1700, 1930.

Airport to Pattaya: 0630, 0900, 1300, 1700

At the airport - Transport Depot - this bus to Jomtien is referred to as number 999, but the bus itself does NOT carry this number. The bus is bright Yellow - single deck, with the words Pattaya - Suvarnabhumi Airport written large on both sides, and a large notice in the drivers windshield saying either Pattaya or Airport. The cost is 106 baht in each direction. I live in Jomtien and use this bus often. The yellow bus does not have a scheduled stop in Pattaya, but will stop if requested. The Yellow bus leaves from the airport bus terminal also. Use the shuttle bus to get to terminal as with Roong Reung. The Yellow bus will return to Soi Chaiyaphuk in Jomtien and will travel along Sukhumvit Road to get there. The Yellow bus is ideal for someone who stays in Jomtien.

Yeah there are atleast 3 serices... Bell Bus Company, Route 389 and route 9905 (that starts at Morchit and so chances of getting a good seat at the airport are slim...)

Bell has the most buses. Start times 8, 10 AM, 12 Noon 2,4 and 6 PM from the airport

Route 389 9 AM, 1, 5, 7:30 PM

Edited by ifriendyou

Yeah there are atleast 3 serices... Bell Bus Company, Route 389 and route 9905 (that starts at Morchit and so getting a good seat at the airport are slim...)

Bell has the most buses. Start times 8, 10 AM, 12 Noon 2,4 and 6 PM from the airport

Thanks bell is sounding good, the transfer free to your hotel is a bonus.

• 1 year later...

Any one have the shedules for bus 9905 to Pattaya ?! . .,,

C O L O M B I A 

Here's a link for bells travel service

Bell's Travel Service

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

Here's a link for bells travel service

Bell's Travel Service

Thanks but . . Bus 9905 aint same company as Bell . . . .

C O L O M B I A 

• 9 months later...

Yeah there are atleast 3 serices... Bell Bus Company, Route 389 and route 9905 (that starts at Morchit and so chances of getting a good seat at the airport are slim...)

Anyone know if the Bus 389 times are the same as in this old thread?

I arrive on a domestic flight at 18:25 after the last Bell Bus has already left. Looking for a cheap way to get home to Pattaya.

Ladyboy Review Forum http://www.ladyboyreview.com

Anyone know if the Bus 389 times are the same as in this old thread?

I arrive on a domestic flight at 18:25 after the last Bell Bus has already left. Looking for a cheap way to get home to Pattaya.

i arrive at 19.00 ....... too late for bus??????

• 4 weeks later...

Took the Bell bus last time I went to Pattaya. And it worked out perfectly, easy and cheap. They drive you to a Central Bus Station in Pattaya and from there on they drive you to your hotel in a Mini Bus.

Highly recommendable

BumsFallera

• 12 years later...