IGNORED

Etihad airways

combovan

They put one of those new Dreamliners on the Abu dhabi to Dublin route, I'm 6" 2 and it wasn't a very pleasant experience, just sitting normally my knees were touching the seat in front, I had to sit upright and rigid the whole flight and I couldn't lean back and relax, 8 fucking hours squashed in like a sardine... Won't happen again! I think I'll pay the little extra and start going back through Schiphol with Aer Lingus and KLM.

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers... make sure you hands are clean!”. Bob Marley.

CountdownClockCodes.com

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They put one of those new Dreamliners on the Abu dhabi to Dublin route, I'm 6" 2 and it wasn't a very pleasant experience, just sitting normally my knees were touching the seat in front, I had to sit upright and rigid the whole flight and I couldn't lean back and relax, 8 fucking hours squashed in like a sardine... Won't happen again! I think I'll pay the little extra and start going back through Schiphol with Aer Lingus and KLM.

What planes do KLM fly AMS-BKK? More legroom? Are the prices similar.

That wasnt a dreamliner you were on Etihad haven't even received their first one from Boeing yet 

Do gold/sliver guests flying economy get fast track passes inbound into Bangkok?

gold yes.

silver no.

you will need to exit via  the business class way out and collect the pass from the lady immediately outside the plane door.

however the last 3 times i have arrived immigration has been so quiet i have not used any of them as there was no point, and on each occaision i reached the baggage belt before it started up.

i'm a short arse so no problem with the seats for me.

food is ok but the second leg into bkk is never great so i always take a top of the line sarnie from tesco or marks n spencer just in case. the worst thing that can happen is that you have something to eat while you unpack your bags.

travelled a few days ago and the al raheem lounge that you can use in abu dhabi was shut for a re-fit so i was allowed in the much nicer one attached to the almost adjacent hotel. had a shower and champagne was an option in the bar !!

gold yes.

silver no.

you will need to exit via  the business class way out and collect the pass from the lady immediately outside the plane door.

however the last 3 times i have arrived immigration has been so quiet i have not used any of them as there was no point, and on each occaision i reached the baggage belt before it started up.

i'm a short arse so no problem with the seats for me.

food is ok but the second leg into bkk is never great so i always take a top of the line sarnie from tesco or marks n spencer just in case. the worst thing that can happen is that you have something to eat while you unpack your bags.

travelled a few days ago and the al raheem lounge that you can use in abu dhabi was shut for a re-fit so i was allowed in the much nicer one attached to the almost adjacent hotel. had a shower and champagne was an option in the bar !!

the al reem lounge has just reopened done a great refit so much better than before ps re fast track theres a lady outside economy with fasttrack cards for gold members

That wasnt a dreamliner you were on Etihad haven't even received their first one from Boeing yet 

i was chatting to an off duty boeing etihad pilot last trip in pattaya and he was telling me when they get the first ones they will be used on india routes.

a look in the flight booking system also shows in early next year an A380 on the LHR/ Abu Dhabi route. when it starts not certain but deffo my february

i was chatting to an off duty boeing etihad pilot last trip in pattaya and he was telling me when they get the first ones they will be used on india routes.

a look in the flight booking system also shows in early next year an A380 on the LHR/ Abu Dhabi route. when it starts not certain but deffo my february

Yeah they are using the A380 in January for the LHR-AUH route and then in the summer they will have another one for the AUH-SYD route .

And the 787 will begin flying around January too .

Etihad Airways’ first Boeing 787-9 will be delivered in December 2014, and more than 40 international routes have been identified for future operation by the airline’s Dreamliners. The aircraft will initially operate between Abu Dhabi and Düsseldorf and between Abu Dhabi and Doha. Services to Brisbane, Mumbai, Moscow and Washington D.C. will follow in the first half of 2015.

http://www.etihad.com/en-gb/about-us/news/archive/2014/etihad-airways-rolls-out-first-boeing-787-9-aircraft/

by end of next year they plan to have all lhr auh flights on A380,Etihad are using their first 787 on dusseldorf route end of month

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

The T4 etihad lounge due to reopen on dec 27 after refit to create more room when the a380 service starts.

Meanwhile its gulf air which is turn left after security comes up on your right near gate 6.

OK lounge and bigger than the current etihad one

got shafted yesterday with ongoing late flights following severe fog at abu dhabi monday (you do get fog in the desert sometimes).

well late leaving LHR and all bkk passengers got bumped in abu dhabi to the next flight couple of hrs later.

i did manage to sweet talk my way into the proper business lounge near gate 35 and for all you business flyers it was lovely in there. absolutely massive inside.

What planes do KLM fly AMS-BKK? More legroom? Are the prices similar.

I haven't a clue about the different plane types, all I know is that KLM was always comfortable for me.

Oh I don't know what I was on so but it was crap, very cramped! I was in a window sead close to the front of ecomomy in a window seat and the shape of the window was there but it was filled in ffs, lol window seat with no window.

“Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect -and I don't live to be- but before you start pointing fingers... make sure you hands are clean!”. Bob Marley.

CountdownClockCodes.com

got shafted yesterday with ongoing late flights following severe fog at abu dhabi monday (you do get fog in the desert sometimes).

well late leaving LHR and all bkk passengers got bumped in abu dhabi to the next flight couple of hrs later.

i did manage to sweet talk my way into the proper business lounge near gate 35 and for all you business flyers it was lovely in there. absolutely massive inside.

You didnt take any pictures of the new lounge by any chance?

sorry no.

i have a couple of the signs to the temp one (gulf air) at LHR T4 which i will load tomorrow

as we got off the plane from LHR a guy was standing there to meet BKK passengers with a pre printed set of new boarding passes.

"only 1 hr sir" so ok better head off to gate 45. when i get there another delay so take off is now just over 2 hrs. fuck and bugger and a long old walk back past security to get to the al reem lounge. so at this point i tried to get into the new lounge by gate 35 and my polite but pissed off routine did the trick.

quality in there i can tell you.

as we got off the plane from LHR a guy was standing there to meet BKK passengers with a pre printed set of new boarding passes.

"only 1 hr sir" so ok better head off to gate 45. when i get there another delay so take off is now just over 2 hrs. fuck and bugger and a long old walk back past security to get to the al reem lounge. so at this point i tried to get into the new lounge by gate 35 and my polite but pissed off routine did the trick.

quality in there i can tell you.

Thanks,im flying business with them next month and seeing as my stop over is just over 3hrs i would like to take a shower but in the last lounge the showers weren't great and plus it was very small ,this new one does sound good though.

Thanks,im flying business with them next month and seeing as my stop over is just over 3hrs i would like to take a shower but in the last lounge the showers weren't great and plus it was very small ,this new one does sound good though.

you will not be disappointed.

sounds like you will fly before the upgrade to the LHR T4 one is completed, but the gulf air one was ok. i'm sure i spotted champagne being served in there but i stuck to red wine and cognac (hennessy)

Hi striderman

Sorry to here about your flight problems on Monday i did notice flights EY408/404 were badly delayed

but i did not know why now i do FOG.

I am still in dispute with Etihad Airways about overbooking on flight EY408 and being switched to EY404

at very short notice so far no satisfactory out come.

Hi striderman

Sorry to here about your flight problems on Monday i did notice flights EY408/404 were badly delayed

but i did not know why now i do FOG.

I am still in dispute with Etihad Airways about overbooking on flight EY408 and being switched to EY404

at very short notice so far no satisfactory out come.

by the time we landed in abu dhabi it was already past the take off time for EY408. plus the gate for our incoming plane was still occupied so a further wait. by the time we got off 408 was already more than 1 hr late and i don't blame the airline for switching us all  to EY404. just one of those things. at the time i was pissed off as i had to ring meow the taxi driver in pattaya to tell her of the delay and flight switch.

this was all tuesday morning, the major delays were monday

re. fog

about 18 months before we landed ok from LHR came off the Runway and to a halt. fuck me was it foggy that morning i could not see the end of the wing!! that time it cleared after a couple of hrs and when it did there were planes all over the place on taxiways as it cleared. i think they had a similar but longer event monday.

sorry no.

i have a couple of the signs to the temp one (gulf air) at LHR T4 which i will load tomorrow

here u go...............

nov 27 126_800x416.jpg

nov 27 125_800x600.jpg

nov 27 130_800x600.jpg

nov 27 129_800x600.jpg

Nowadays Etihad is my preferred airline.  And when I am in transit at Abu Dhabi I like to go for a drink.  Even though I am a silver card holder with Etihad which means I get free access to a business lounge.  I sometimes like to go to a bar and have a draught beer.  When T3 first opened I used to like going to the Bill Bentley Pub for a couple of pints but in the summer I was sad to see that this pub no longer existed.  The airport were no doubt thinking they were changing things for the better but i miss the pub.  

Nowadays Etihad is my preferred airline.  And when I am in transit at Abu Dhabi I like to go for a drink.  Even though I am a silver card holder with Etihad which means I get free access to a business lounge.  I sometimes like to go to a bar and have a draught beer.  When T3 first opened I used to like going to the Bill Bentley Pub for a couple of pints but in the summer I was sad to see that this pub no longer existed.  The airport were no doubt thinking they were changing things for the better but i miss the pub.  

i only remember the bill bentley pub from the old days of don muang are you sure you are not mistaken?

mind you i can get in a lounge anyway so i have never gone looking for a pay as you go one

That's good news about the silver card allowing business lounge access. I've got a silver card, but I thought you needed a gold card. I'll give it a go the next time I am in Abu Dhabi.

Etihad are building a new lounge at Melbourne Airport by Gate 10.

Etihad planned to fly an A380 to Melbourne this year, but will change that to twice daily 777s in the future.

They will fly an A380 to Sydney and believe a Dreamliner to Brisbane.

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

i only remember the bill bentley pub from the old days of don muang are you sure you are not mistaken?

mind you i can get in a lounge anyway so i have never gone looking for a pay as you go one

Hi striderman Yes I am pretty sure that T3 at Abu Dhabi had a Bill Bentley Pub.  And I drank there last December.  So when I was in Abu Dhabi in the summer I was sad to see that it was no longer there.  The airport was doing improvements and they were repacing the pub with something else.

Talking about Pubs/bars when I first flew with Etihad there was only one terminal at Abu Dhabi (T1) and I used to like drinking at the Piano Bar in T1.  Sadly the Piano Bar no longer excists.

That's good news about the silver card allowing business lounge access. I've got a silver card, but I thought you needed a gold card. I'll give it a go the next time I am in Abu Dhabi.

Hi RussB I've been a Silver card holder for a few years now and I always get free access to a lounge at Manchester airport, Abu Dhabi and BKK airports

And whenever I check in at Manchester on my outward Journay and when I check in at BKK for my return journay I usually get given a Fast track ticket so that I can get through immigration/security very quickly

i remember the piano bar.

i've been flying almost exclusively etihad since they first started.

in those days my gold freq flyer card used to get me access to the First Class lounge in abu dhabi. sadly no longer!

Archived