Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Etihad airways

combovan

Just returned, LHR to AUH was A346 and AUH to BKK 777. As stated the 777 is 3-4-3, I always specify aisle seats so I can walk around without bothering other passengers.

Next trip in September is 346, 777, 777 and 777 on the last leg.

Airmiles from two previous trips knocked £90 off the price :GoldenSmile1:  

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6,3 and wide! You should avoid any 777, try the C130

Thanks for your input. Very helpful

Thanks to everyone for your info. It's going to be a good flight and I will enjoy it. I'm going to thailand !! What's better than that

gold yes.

silver no.

you will need to exit via  the business class way out and collect the pass from the lady immediately outside the plane door.

however the last 3 times i have arrived immigration has been so quiet i have not used any of them as there was no point, and on each occaision i reached the baggage belt before it started up.

i'm a short arse so no problem with the seats for me.

food is ok but the second leg into bkk is never great so i always take a top of the line sarnie from tesco or marks n spencer just in case. the worst thing that can happen is that you have something to eat while you unpack your bags.

travelled a few days ago and the al raheem lounge that you can use in abu dhabi was shut for a re-fit so i was allowed in the much nicer one attached to the almost adjacent hotel. had a shower and champagne was an option in the bar !!

Awesome - I did not realise I could be a fast track pass with my gold card...and hopefully a new lounge to try next week.

I'm here for a fun time not a long time!  

Good price spotted today:  Etihad Airways

September 25, Depart flight 21:10 LHR – 19:45 BKK 1 stop AUH 16h 35 (+1)

October 13, Return flight 02:55 BKK – 13:05 LHR 1 stop AUH 16h 10
£479 book direct with Etihad

I've just paid £524 for these flights  :Oops5: 

Good price spotted today:  Etihad Airways

September 25, Depart flight 21:10 LHR – 19:45 BKK 1 stop AUH 16h 35 (+1)

October 13, Return flight 02:55 BKK – 13:05 LHR 1 stop AUH 16h 10
£479 book direct with Etihad

I've just paid £524 for these flights  :Oops5:

Decent price. Best I can see on Etihad same dates is £468 so only a few quid cheaper anyway. Travel Supermarket was source

Awesome - I did not realise I could be a fast track pass with my gold card...and hopefully a new lounge to try next week.

collected another one last night exiting via the very front of the plane.

did not use it in the end as small wait at the usual lines.

sent an sms on touchdown from inside the plane at 18 33 and another at 19 17 from inside my taxi and in pattaya by 20 45 despite heavy rain on route.

as to the al reem lounge in abu dhabi, dunno if it's back up running as the late arrival due to fog at abu meant a very short transit to the onward bkk leg

• 3 months later...

well fast forward from june and lord knows what they are doing on the al raheem lounge re-fit in abu dhabi but it was still shut.

sept 19 307_800x600.jpg

taken last wed the 17 th

sept 19 306_800x480.jpg

the better alternative

sept 19 310_800x600.jpg

in T3 just after security the business lounge there for folks riding up the front is shut with the new one by gate 35 now in use

• 3 weeks later...

The new lounge is a massive improvment being so close to the gates and being as big as it is

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

No etihad for me anymore. Flights nearly always delayed and Abu Dhabi airport is a dump. No fancy colours gonna change that. They used to be much better in the past before they decided to share flights with lowcost carriers, like in my case airberlin, only gone downhill IMO.

Edit in: have not been to the new "lounge", assuming you meant the dearly needed new terminal?

The new lounge is a massive improvment being so close to the gates and being as big as it is

Did you try the showers there?

Striderman, only just saw your pics of the lounge. ;) But there is an admission fee isn't there? It's good, but they charged me 40 euros entry, which I would not have paid unless my flight hadn't been delayed for 3 hours. 

Always now pay around £600 for cattle class on Thai airways direct, most times get a row of 4 seats to "flatbed" on, the service is great , the best eco class food I have come across. One day hopefully budget will extend to first class.

No I didn't my stopover was only 1 hour and a half and took 15 minutes to upgrade my flight

Striderman, only just saw your pics of the lounge. ;) But there is an admission fee isn't there? It's good, but they charged me 40 euros entry, which I would not have paid unless my flight hadn't been delayed for 3 hours. 

i have a freq flyer card that gets me in free luckily.

the lounge at LHR T4 is great, nice food waitress service for drinks etc etc.

coming out i had 3 red wines and 2 cognacs which were bigger than ones i would serve myself !

The lounge in t4 is great and although I get free access its definetely worth the £40 imo if your not entitled to access

Always now pay around £600 for cattle class on Thai airways direct, most times get a row of 4 seats to "flatbed" on, the service is great , the best eco class food I have come across. One day hopefully budget will extend to first class.

Ever fly February time?wonder if it's worth booking hoping on the empty seats

Flew out 20.02.13 returned in March made a deal with guy in other aisle seat on the way out we took 3 hours each in turn to lie down, on the way back all 4 seats to myself.

Flew out 20.02.13 returned in March made a deal with guy in other aisle seat on the way out we took 3 hours each in turn to lie down, on the way back all 4 seats to myself.

Might try that then.cheers

used them several times, last trip was in January and will be my last with them for sure.

reasons:

1. The plane was nearly empty, everyone including staff were not more than 30-35 and the service was terrible everything was slow
  2. asked for a beer + a wine and the lady said that it's not allowed to consume this much alcohol at once as it's against some rule?
  3. I was on the aisle seat my friend was on the window, the seat between us was empty and we just put the pillows and blankets there, and this made the attendant freak out and said we are obstructing something and this is not allowed to do in an exit seat ? 
  4. asked several times for a coffee and never got it till i went to the kitchen and asked for it politely, the attendent told me to go back to my seat and she will serve it there?
  5. crammed seats and not comfy if you decide to sit on anything other than exit seats. 
  6. In-flight entertainment was terrible only a few movies to watch , not half as good as Qatar or Emirates. 
  7. Airport experience was bad, everything tiny, busy and not so many options to eat, lounge was closed for renovation. 

Worst experience ever, not even flying for free on it again.

oh yeah and a 1 hour delay in Abu Dhabi.

The al reem lounge is closed but you csn stilluse the al dhabi lounge or the new one in t3

• 5 weeks later...

The al reem lounge is closed but you csn stilluse the al dhabi lounge or the new one in t3

al reem is open again.

quite smart inside but looks like less available seating.

the bar has been switched to the downstairs level and the food station moved slightly.

toilets are better.

meanwhile at LHR T4 the etihad business lounge is.............closed for a re-fit!!!

during this unknown time the Gulf air lounge is being used as a stop gap.

not sure of it's exact location or what it is like inside.

Hi Guys

Have flown with Etihad Airways many times in fact last two trips and next trip May/ June 2015

But had big problem with them last trip Oct/ Nov indeed i let them know about messing me about.

While i was at the Premier inn i decided to check-in online from my room for my first 2 flights

EY18/EY408 when i suddenly get a mobile text message it reads as follows.

Flight EY408 scheduled to leave AUH on Oct 14 2014 at 08.40am has been changed. Your new

Flight is EY404 departing AUH on Oct 14th 2014 at 10.20am.

I was not happy at this change of flights at such short notice and it caused me a lot of inconvenience

as arrangements had been made based on flight EY408 EX taxi at Bangkok.

I rang Etihad Airways London Office as there was no explanation or reason for the change of flights

which is very poor relations.I was told the switch was due to overbooking for flight EY408 not a problem caused by me, but i booked my flights back in June so i do not there policy on who has to switch.

Anyway with the help of the London office, the ticketing and check in desk at terminal 4 i got myself reinstated

to flight EY408 although without my chosen seat selection  A very good job to because flight EY404 was delayed over 5 hours at Abu Dhabi a known problem with that flight. 

I have written a letter of complaint to Etihad Airways and they have replied with a sincere apology.

I have supported Etihad Airways since the start of the Abu Dhabi service from London Gatwick in 2005 and only

hope there are no problem when i use them again in May 2015.

Archived