IGNORED

BJ Holiday Lodge

submarineman

I've heard great things about this place but have never stayed there. I think a guy named bluejake had some trouble there but he's the only person I've seen a bad reveiw from. I've seen pictures of BJ's daughter who runs the place and she's easy on the eye's. I tried to book the place last time I was in Pattaya but they were full.

Being full during low season is a good referall in itself IMO

Edited by BassGod

Good choice on your part. Been there more than once. Decent pool and rooms provide good value.

Desk staff helpful, particularly Jularirat. BJ has lived in Thailand >30 years and his children help run

the place and are fluent in English. Food good, but not great with a good level of service. 24 hour security.

The place is also quiet at night, which is a big plus in my book. Access to Big C also helps. Your room will

have a full size fridge, and there is a coffee pot or 2 available on loan if you like to brew your own.

Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar", Act II Scene 2

It's a great place to stay. Nice rooms and English speaking staff. His daughter and the twin brothers that work there are all fluent in English.

26682-10358.jpg

26682-10359.jpg

26682-10360.jpg

26682-10361.jpg

26682-10362.jpg

I need a woman who loves me for my money but doesn't understand math too well

wanker_racing_banner22.jpg

Wow! This is a good board. 3 posts in less then 1 hour.

Thanks for the information. Looks like I made a good choice.

LBJ,

I see by your countdown clock that you will be in Pattaya during my stay. I will be there 29 April to 12 May. And then move to Bangkok till 16 May. Maybe we can get together so I can buy you a beer.

Submarineman

Edited by submarineman

LBJ,

I see by your countdown clock that you will be in Pattaya during my stay. I will be there 29 April to 12 May. And then move to Bangkok till 16 May. Maybe we can get together so I can buy you a beer.

Submarineman

Yes, will be arriving on May 3rd. Anytime from then on is good for me. :Raspberry6:

I’ve stayed there 3 times now and I cannot fault the place, but this is my personal opinion

I like the location as it’s nice and quiet at night. There are a few new beer bars half way up the soi but I never heard any noise from them

Baht busses stop at the bottom of the soi straight to the Walking Street area,

Rooms are good. In room electronic safe

Decent bed, remote aircon, TV with good reception. Good fridge with free water, maids come round every day, the staff have always been great too. Night time security lad is good laugh too

I will be going back to BJ holiday lodge again on the 5th of May for 2 weeks

They have a website too

http://www.bjpattaya.com

As above

Stayed at BJ's last year in September, cannot really fault the place:

Excellent staff

Great spacious rooms

Fantastic Balcony (my room even faced the A1)

close enough but far enough from the action (in my opinion)

Nice pool on the 2nd floor

Only down points:

When I stayed they had volleyball games on the coach parking lot next to the swimming pool after 5pm (looked like staff from A1)

Food wasn't the best

but they where very minor compared to the excellence overall

• 1 year later...

Ok, here's a little history on BJ and how the hotel came to be. If you're not interested, hit the "back" button now! I've known BJ for some 20 years. A very great guy. He came to Thailand during the Vietnam War and after getting out of the military has pretty much been in Thailand since. He had a very small open air beer bar on Walking Street before there was a street named Walking Street! It was in a prime location now although when he first opened it was considered at the end of the street. It used to sit at the corner of soi BJ which was named after him and the bar. Finally the rents were pushed up too high and he said enough is enough and he sold out. I sat many a night there on that corner drinking beers with BJ and other friends. After he left his bar he opened a restaurant up on Beach Road near Soi 2 I think it was. Not sure exactly where but knew where to go as it wasn't too far after you turned onto Beach Road from North Pattaya Road. Sadly he had to close it in May 2006 due to the expansion of one of the big hotels that had bought the property it sat on. His luk krung daughters all attended university in the USA so there English should be pretty good! BJ was looking to get out of the bar business after so many years in it but still wanted something to do. As I understand it, he is a silent partner in this venture.

Ok, here's a little history on BJ and how the hotel came to be. If you're not interested, hit the "back" button now! I've known BJ for some 20 years. A very great guy. He came to Thailand during the Vietnam War and after getting out of the military has pretty much been in Thailand since. He had a very small open air beer bar on Walking street before there was a street named Walking street! It was in a prime location now although when he first opened it was considered at the end of the street. It used to sit at the corner of soi BJ which was named after him and the bar. Finally the rents were pushed up too high and he said enough is enough and he sold out. I sat many a night there on that corner drinking beers with BJ and other friends. After he left his bar he opened a restaurant up on Beach Road near Soi 2 I think it was. Not sure exactly where but knew where to go as it wasn't too far after you turned onto Beach Road from North Pattaya Road. Sadly he had to close it in May 2006 due to the expansion of one of the big hotels that had bought the property it sat on. His luk krung daughters all attended university in the USA so there English should be pretty good! BJ was looking to get out of the bar business after so many years in it but still wanted something to do. As I understand it, he is a silent partner in this venture.

I seem to remember both the bar AND the restaurant being there at the same time.

In fact i'm sure they were, as i remember staying in one of the rooms he used to rent out above the restaurant, and then being invited for a drink at BJ4 Bar (wasnt that the name of it........as you say, on the corner of the (now) Soi BJ?)

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

I seem to remember both the bar AND the restaurant being there at the same time.

In fact i'm sure they were, as i remember staying in one of the rooms he used to rent out above the restaurant, and then being invited for a drink at BJ4 Bar (wasnt that the name of it........as you say, on the corner of the (now) Soi BJ?)

Hedonist

Yes they had the bar on soi bj and the guesthouse on beach road near soi 1 at the same time. They also owned the go-go bar on soi bj that is now known as TQ2 but I can't remember what they called it even tho I almost was hired as their manager back in the 80's.

When I say "they" I mean BJ and his Thai wife. She was/is the money and BJ was/is more of the front man. His wife and her sister have owned many properties in Pattaya. Her sister owns Lucky Star bar on Walking Street and another one in Soi Diamond. Some money in that family.

• 2 years later...

Hi, anyone have an updated review on the BJ Holiday Lodge, like is there joiner fees, 24hour reception? Any updates welcome.

Feenzy..

Edited by feenzy

Hi, anyone have an updated review on the BJ Holiday Lodge, like is there joiner fees, 24hour reception? Any updates welcome.

Feenzy..

No joiner fee.

Reception closes by 10pm but they have a night security guard who will take IDs and hand out room keys. When I stayed there a couple of years back, had to wake him up at 4am when returning from a night out so I could get my key!

Rooms are compact but well kitted out. Major pros being balconies overlooking the pool and sea if you book a halcony room and satin sheets on beds.

Didn't like the bathrooms though which were wetrooms so when you showered, everything got wet. Bathrooms have a window out to the the corridor so if you open this window for ventilation other people can (and some cheeky fuckers do) peek in!

BJ is a very kool guy but don't even think of trying it on with his stunning daughter; they'll find your headless torso floating out at sea if you do!!! ;-)

Overall, can't go wrong booking this pace for 1200b.

Edited by Spursman

I have booked a room for the above hotel on Soi 3. Has anyone else stayed there and can give a review?

Submarineman

Lowest Rates at Sawasdee.com or

Agoda.com

[/quote

have stayed there very good away from the bars if thats what u want good way to walking street did have sea view rooms,but nhigh rise going up in front of hotel

Was there for the first time in January, the room are good, nothing to fault on, great location on the baht bus route.

The security was by far the friendliest among all hotels i stayed.

The down side during the my stay, the water in the pool was extremely cold, it took me bout 3mins only to get in to my kneecap level only! In the end i gave up, just too cold, but not sure bout the condition now though :unsure:

And no wifi in room, only in lobby.

But overall I enjoyed my stay there. Cheers! :GrinNod1:

I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it.

Was there for the first time in January, the room are good, nothing to fault on, great location on the baht bus route.

The security was by far the friendliest among all hotels i stayed.

The down side during the my stay, the water in the pool was extremely cold, it took me bout 3mins only to get in to my kneecap level only! In the end i gave up, just too cold, but not sure bout the condition now though :unsure:

And no wifi in room, only in lobby.

But overall I enjoyed my stay there. Cheers! :GrinNod1:

thanks guys for the reply. Is the sun shaded by the new high rise next to the building and also whats the best way to reserve a room.

feenzy