IGNORED

Secrets Hotel Reviews?

uwdeltboy

Stayed a few nights there ,clean, affordable reasonably well appointed .Its an excellent budget hotel choice and its location is fantastic

Just got of  the phone to the manager about my booking.  Was helpful and a good bloke.  

Full trust in this hotel

IMHO Secrets is a great quasi-budget hotel with friendly staff, clean comfy rooms etc. And right in the centre of things...with the bar downstairs, amenable hostesses and very good food also. Patrons are a good sound bunch and always eager to help. 

However, I have to say the last couple of weeks the bar itself has not had the energy it normally does. Fewer girls, fewer hot girls and the ones there look bored except for maybe one who comes up and slightly hassles you even though you just came in for a beer and didn't beckon them over (which for me is annoying).

So....Dan and all the other great guys that run this place - what happened to our favourite Coyote bar? Hopefully just a blip due to the situation. Answers on a postcard please....

P

• 1 month later...

Good feedback here guys. Have heard a lot about this place and room rates and location seem fine for my 8 day stay in August. Will get on to them tomorrow. Can' t wait.

rooms good for price.

reception staff amazing.

cleaning staff amazing.

very close to Walking Street!

Stayed twice now and will stay again for my third trip. 

Flights booked. Back in Los wihin 4 weeks. Excited is not the world. Thanks for all the info on this thread.

I stayed at Secrets august last year. All around nice stay. Quick comments:

-Price ok. Laundry service was reasonable priced as well

-Rooms ok. No noise to 3rd floor where I stayed

-Location is superb

-Staff is nice and friendly

-No elevator.Stairs to upper floors is a real killer, so if you have health probs, this can be a showstopper

- Go go bar downstairs is a plus

• 3 weeks later...

Great place...good service....excellent food....nice bar/go-go/club....ideal location...best price...stayed there few times...will stay again....

DSC03304.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

So? Did Uwdeltboy make it to Secrets? Was he satisfied? Did he change hotels after a few days? Did he get laid upon arrival or was he too knackered? All these questions and more will be answered if he ever bloody tells us!!

Big Mike.

After reading a lot of good reviews for Secrets I ran across this site. Looks like someone doesn’t like Secrets and is collecting just bad reviews. It looks like most people here like this place. Me and my friends are thinking about staying here for our first trip to Thailand. What do you think? Is this a good hotel for a first timer?

http://www.secretspattayahotelbarforum.com/

After reading a lot of good reviews for Secrets I ran across this site. Looks like someone doesn’t like Secrets and is collecting just bad reviews. It looks like most people here like this place. Me and my friends are thinking about staying here for our first trip to Thailand. What do you think? Is this a good hotel for a first timer?

that is a very old bullshit Web page.

Secrets is in a great location at a good price for anyone first timers or vets to Pattaya bar and restaurant on site airport transport if need as well

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Is there a menu online anywhere? 

Just want to know if it would be worth venturing out and making breakfast a complicated affair. Or if it's worth having room service food every morning. 

Just checked that website link, all the alleged "reviews" contained the exact same grammatical inconsistencies, only popped in there myself for a quick beer and can't therefore be too fullsome in my review, here goes:

Good air conditioning in bar, decent tv screens, plenty of girls (even thoe it was early) wasn't jumped on or hassled, quick handshake fronm Mr egg, beer was priced competetively for it's area, my only minor gripe was the menu listed calamari (reasonable prices) with mayonaise which is tantamount to sacrilege, hot sauce/ piri piri or even sweet chilli are acceptable. Will probably pop in again for a Heineken at some point on my next visit - next week.

Oh quick addendum, that "review" site even slagged of the Queen Vic, which i stayed in for half my visit 2 years back, that tells me it's bullshit as much as anything as you'd have to be pretty picky to find fault there.

Great hotel and bar in a great location. I stay there a lot when I am partying around Walking Street. Food both western and Thai is excellent. Perfect for first timers.

Highly recommended.

Thanks for the input. I figured it was bullshit.
I definitely like the price and location.

If anyone has any problems with your rooms in the hotel then please let me know. I'm in the bar from 7.30pm most nights.

Our kitchen is open from 8am till bar closing about 4am for room service or eat in the bar.

There are girls dancing in the bar from 1pm till close.

See you all there

Phil

See you at Le Pub, soi Diamond.

Le Pub Facebook Page

Le Pub YouTube Channel

This website was created by the same people who made the one about Addicts being owned by thugs etc.

It was the owners of the hotel which is NOT allowed to be discussed here (some of you will know it as the SPAMWORD Hotel).

Maybe a few now understand a little more why reviews of that said hotel are banned from this forum :Whistle:. They have several "sleepers" on the forum so no doubt I will now get another shed load of lawyers letters which will be deposited in the same "filing system" as all the previous ones.

I can state 100% that the website is a fake, the reviews are fake, the creator is a twat etc - undoubtedly the work of one individual.

Please can we leave it at that! This thread is about Secrets and I do not want it to become a discussion area re these fake sites. I just wanted to make it absolutely clear the linked site is a fake 100%.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

While I think the majority of the reviews on there is a pile of bullshit as the rooms are clean and well appointed ( well they were when I last saw them) there are some points that are accurate, ie the stairs are steep and there is no lift. But the most truthful part is the 100% accurate way they described Ben, it absolutely nailed the type of person he is.

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed there few weeks back...had great time as always. Best location all in one (Rooms, Bar, food, Girls, ideally located to WS and the beach road)

It's a great hotel and good value for money. However if you are a light sleeper you will not be able to get a good night's sleep if your room is on the first or second floor. The hotel does not have a lift and the stairs are reasonably steep.

It is in a very good location if you frequent Walking Street a lot.

I stayed in Secrets in April 2014 and May for about a month... I LOVED the location - right on Walking Street (well actually a side soi, a very short walk to Walking Street and right around the corner from WhatsUP AGoGo, and the other AGoGo's along that Walking Street side soi)... LOVED the food at the bar and used room service for that food a couple times, and the friendly ambience of the bar - laid back, some decent music videos played, some nice looking girls (not WhatsUP or Sensations AGoGo quality - but then again, it is all about your taste - one man's roof is another man's floor, etc)... The room was decent/OK/good, big, good cold A/C, OK bathroom... The price is real good... When I was there, there was construction across the way and it was pretty noisy during the day, but it really didn't bother me... One of the 3 or so rooms that I stayed in had a pretty bad odor - maybe it was an incredibly stinky cigar that a previous occupant smoked, etc/not sure... I complained, and the management tried the best they could to ameliorate the odor... So, recommend that when you get to the room that you check for any strange odors that aren't emanating from you after your long journey over, etc, etc... 

Also the managers/owners are REAL GOOD people - friendly, they care about the place and the customers, etc... And that is key to a successful enterprise...

Also Secrets has a taxi service that is helpful and I used to go back and forth to the airport when I did went to Phnom Phen to get my EducationVisa...

I also stayed in Galaxy Suites for about 10 days during that same timeframe - split my time between the two - but stayed in Secrets longer... Galaxy suites was OK as well... Again, real GOOD Walking Street location... I stayed in a jacuzzi suite, which is a pretty large room... the bathroom was too small and not much room to put your toothbrush, toiletries, etc... The A/C was real good, the workers were all real nice... And as mentioned in reviews of the hotel, the lobby area is also where the AGoGo girls from Heaven Above (the AGoGo that Galaxy Suites is above) change into their work uniforms... So during the evening there are always several lovely ladies there, as well as in the AGoGo...

some complain about the stairs in Galaxy Suites and also Secrets... they didn't bother me and I only tripped/fell on them once or twice - but I had had one two many drinks when that happened... if you are in not good shape, and stairs can give you a coronary attack/etc - probably best to get a ground floor hotel room or go to a hotel where they have elevators, etc...

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

I stayed twice in 2006 & 2008.  Both were great stays for value and location.   The only real negative was the stairs (as many have mentioned),  but nothing too bad.   Never had any real issues with noise, once in the room.

I even got to stay an extra week in 2008 due to the airport occupation.  After that, I moved on to "condo" type stays, as my trips were longer.     Well now I am coming back for a short stay of just over a week, so I will try Secrets out again.

So here is a blast from the past ... Secrets 2006 (everything was new, but smaller TVs).

post-2655-0-23334400-1411621830_thumb.jpg

post-2655-0-42052300-1411621992.jpg

post-2655-0-84684300-1411622016_thumb.jpg

post-2655-0-50735500-1411622051_thumb.jpg

post-2655-0-99580700-1411622067.jpg

post-2655-0-54318500-1411622089_thumb.jpg

post-2655-0-42057400-1411622143_thumb.jpg

post-2655-0-37601600-1411622182.jpg

Never actually stayed there but had enough drinking sessions at the bar.

Was considering staying there but got better deals on serviced apartments. The time I did see the rooms they were excellent.

For the price you cannot really beat the location, staff are great in the bar and the hotel

Will be staying at Secrets again. Booking a hotel was really painful as I got reply from them within few hours and when asking for room in higher level, my request was filled with no problems.

Looking forward on staying there again. Countdown today exactly at 5 weeks.

Archived