IGNORED

Anybody remember Valhalla Hotel/Club on Phuket............?

Desmond Jones

There was a giant viking helmet over the gate at the entrance. The one story Hotel/club was a giant square with a pool in the middle and rooms opening to the pool area. It was many years ago that I was there, it was definitely adults only. This was around 98, when I returned a couple years later the place was closed. \

Anyone know what happened to it, and if it turned into something else etc.?

OBLA DEE BROS

• 4 weeks later...

There was a giant viking helmet over the gate at the entrance. The one story Hotel/club was a giant square with a pool in the middle and rooms opening to the pool area. It was many years ago that I was there, it was definitely adults only. This was around 98, when I returned a couple years later the place was closed. \

Anyone know what happened to it, and if it turned into something else etc.?

OBLA DEE BROS

The remnants are still there.

Valhalla was in limited action about 10 years ago, when curiosity had me wander in one rainy afternoon. It ceased operation soon after, and was derelict until sometime last year, when dismantling began,  but has yet to be completed. 

• 2 weeks later...

I remember it very well. Mostly scandinavians staying there. Never stayed there myself but been there a few times, Normally the host or bartender enjoyed playing Balut (a game with dizes bit like Yatzy but much more complicated). After they had to close down i know the owner (a Danish guy) opened a new hotel quite far away - up the hill in Nanai somewhere. I once wanted to book a room there (dont remember the name of the place anymore) but as it was quite far away from the beach and Bangla and the owner was not open for negotiation i chose another more central located and not so pricy place to stay.

Everyone has the right to my opinion

• 2 weeks later...

Valhalla was closed years ago by the police. According to people the place had a lot of underaged girls. The owner now has a hotel called Hilltop in Patong.

Archived