IGNORED

Samsung galaxy Note 3 or Samsung S5

tlcwaterfall

You can download a custom launcher from the Play Store that will allow icons on your lock screen you can add the camera icon to the lock screen

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Note 4 in a few months :Evil_Grin2: Have a note 2 just now and would never swap it for one of those tiny girl phone now :68:

Lmfao! I have always thought guys with an iphone looked gay!

You can download a custom launcher from the Play Store that will allow icons on your lock screen you can add the camera icon to the lock screen

Do you have the name of one? Maybe I am searching for the wrong thing as I had no luck.

Do you have the name of one? Maybe I am searching for the wrong thing as I had no luck.

smart launcher is what I useemuju4e3.jpg As you see all the icons on the lock screen

babydollsaddict.gif

I have a Note 2 that I like very much. Takes great pictures, good screen size (phablet?) and good battery. It replaced my S2, because I wanted and needed a bigger screen size. I have big hands, so the size of the phone did not worry me and generally fits in my pockets. A Note 3 or 4 maybe my next replacement because I don't think the premium price of a S5 is warranted for what I need or want. I have kept my old S2 in case urgently needed.

If in Oz, try Kogan for a phone, usually good pricing (I bought my Note 2 from them, among many other purchases from time to time) but if buying in Thailand be careful of where you buy, you may not get an original or a warranty either. No problem with buying from a Samsung dealer.

Buy what suits your uses DON'T go off into La La Land about what you may use.

Edit: Spelling error

I am now waiting for the Note 4 to be launched on September 3.

Once I know the specifications I will either buy the Note 4 or the Note 3.

Hopefully if I decide on the Note 3 the prices will drop a fair bit upon the release of the note 4.

if you already have a tablet, you obviously dont need a big device with big screen.

take the s5

ive been using s4 now for a year or more, and i love it. no issues, no complaints, does me very well, fits in pocket with wallet, cigarretes in the other pocket, perfect.

Paying big money for a "catch up" or trying to "catch up" device is not an attractive proposition for me.

The iPhone has connectivity with the S tablet! Wow! - NOT. Neither has a decent camera for starters. But, I guess if you don't want to take photos, then connectivity may be important?

I can admire Apple for bringing new technologies to the market (not necessarily inventing them - the concept of a tablet was shown in the film, 2001 A Space Odyssey released in 1968!) but my personal feeling is that they have now been overtaken in the sales stakes world wide.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at the S5 and it looked flimsy and weak, if your looking for a good quality phone with all the features of the S5 but a better build quality go for the HTC one M8, i have a iphone 5S for work and the HTC for personal use and the HTC is probably the best phone i have ever had.

Just my opinion though.

Paying big money for a "catch up" or trying to "catch up" device is not an attractive proposition for me.

The iPhone has connectivity with the S tablet! Wow! - NOT. Neither has a decent camera for starters. But, I guess if you don't want to take photos, then connectivity may be important?

I can admire Apple for bringing new technologies to the market (not necessarily inventing them - the concept of a tablet was shown in the film, 2001 A Space Odyssey released in 1968!) but my personal feeling is that they have now been overtaken in the sales stakes world wide.

It looks like Apple have done something that Android phones can only dream off - the new iPhone actually bends! Have Apple finally got some new technology?

My 1st samsung was a S4, was the best phone I had ever have to date, sadly it lost a bet with the ground after a 3 story fall at a rooftop wedding party.

I was donated an s3 from a friend but it developed problems fast (restarting whenever it wanted to)

I now have an S5 and while not a great improvement over the S4 its significant from the S3.

I looked into the notes because the size wasnt much of an issue as i have relatively large hands (and pockets)  

For me it was a pure specs based decision...

I liked the camera as I do a bit of photography for work so the S5 is good for concept photography

Size wasnt that great in comparison for watching movies/youtube, 5.1 vs 5.7

I have a stylus on me most days but the inbuilt pen would have been nice

The CPU seems to be better (on paper) 

There were a few other things the S5 having 4G 

It comes down to what you really want to use it for...

Full specs comparison available at http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S5,Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3/phones/8202,7984

Winner Best Adult Web Developer at the Australian Adult Industry Awards 2022 and 2023

I just upgraded from an S2 to an S5 and am quite happy with it. I also use a Note 10.1.

My question is: would you use the stylus (since that is a big part of what you are paying for on a Note). If no, there are lots of other good Samsung options for screen size.

I chose the S5 for water and dust resistance. Also, when I'm using the stylus for photo editing, I'm doing that on the tablet rather than the phone.

Either is a great choice, but I think the key is how often you'd use a stylus for whatever.

Am using the note 12.2 tab as I never use the stylus no point it paying more for the note pro 12.2

babydollsaddict.gif

I chose the S5 for water and dust resistance. Also, when I'm using the stylus for photo editing, I'm doing that on the tablet rather than the phone.

I forgot about this ^ It was another strong selling point for me...

Winner Best Adult Web Developer at the Australian Adult Industry Awards 2022 and 2023

• 4 months later...

Note 3 once you've had a big screen there is no going back , like having black really no going back  he he . , Note 4 is too much for so little extra,  stable lens perhaps helps, but the 3 takes terrific pictures especially in good light , I would never buy a smartphone without being able to change the battery love that feature it means Note 3 can go on and on for some years like other Samsung's and the  LG G3 battery is also  replaceable as well . rare these days and Apples deal breaker for me .. 

Note 3 once you've had a big screen there is no going back , like having black really no going back  he he . , 

Hmmm..........I wonder how many others understood ur remark  :Whistle:

I looked at the S5 and it looked flimsy and weak, if your looking for a good quality phone with all the features of the S5 but a better build quality go for the HTC one M8, i have a iphone 5S for work and the HTC for personal use and the HTC is probably the best phone i have ever had.

Just my opinion though.

If the one m8 had a better camera it would have slam dunked the opposition. Not as many bells and whistles in the software as Samsung but what it does have works better, faster, and more intuitively. It is just a simpler device to understand. Interestingly the m9 with a 20 mp camera up from 4mp is due for release. Every HTC one  owner i have ever spoken to always has nothing but good things to say about the product. The camera on the one m8 whilst not terrible really didn't cut it. 

I think as consumers we have never had it so good. New HTC New Samsung and New Nexus all will release new stuff in the coming months. If HTC do an m9 with a big screen that's my new phone.

Any alternative to Samsung is a better choice - sadly, too many Samsung owners/buyers fall for the mindless marketing from Samsung.

Better choices (often MUCH better) are:

- HTC

- OnePlus One

- Xiaomi

- LG

Avoid Samsung. Aside from shitty workmanship, but very little interest in supporting their customers.

I have owned a Samsung Note 1 galaxy so and Samsung grand my phone now is the Samsung mega 6.3. These have all been outstanding phones no issues with any of them that said I did my homework and have purchased the LG g3 the international version D 855. The few things that did it for me were wireless charging NFC ready, user replaceable battery, 32 gigabytes of storage and 3 gig of ram. Hope I am NOT disappointed in my purchase due to arrive in a couple of weeks I saved about 5000 baht buying it in the US and having somebody bring it over to me

babydollsaddict.gif

I would say, up to you.

decide on size, im sure you'd be happy with either performance wise.

have you seen the note edge?

do not buy the galaxy erm,,, Alpha i think its called. it looks great, battery life no good.

Archived