IGNORED

Samsung galaxy Note 3 or Samsung S5

tlcwaterfall

Looking to update from my existing 5 year phone.

I have a Samsung tablet and love it.

So looking at buying either a Samsung S5 or a Note 3.

I am an avid note taker (as I have a poor memory) and love to take pictures daytime and nigh time when out and about.

Also love to listen to music often during the day and at night. So would like a good and preferably loud sound from the phone.

Given this criteria can any board members that have either or both of these handsets please give me their opinions please.

I have read many online reviews but am looking for personal trustworty experience now.

And current pricing in Thailand for these units would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Note 3 by a long way

I even watch movies on it, the screen is that good

Battery is better on the note 3 as well

Has a dual sim/micro SD mount. I can get nearly 20 full length blue ray quality movies onto the SD

In built pen is excellent and very responsive

I often just play local radio on the Note while I chip golf gall in the yard and sound is fine on near full volume

I owned a S4 and looked into the 5 but there is very little new features compared to the 4 to justify the price even though its a great product

I agree with Darvid although I went S5 purely on a size issue.

I would have preferred the LG G2 or soon to be released G3 but support here in NZ is low.

Well I'm goin on 60, I'm older than most. Won't be long now and all I'll be is a ghost

Extremely happy with my s5.

Speed and vibrancy of screen excellent.

Note too big to function as s usable daily phone.

Have a samsung tab too, but use the s5 even over my laptop now.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have note 3 and it is the best phone that I have used so far. It is more than a phone actually. It is my life assistant. Very solid phone, good battery and nice big screen which makes PA forum easy to read and write.

SM-N9000Q cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

• 2 weeks later...

Note for sure! It does seem big at first but you get used to it and everything else will seem small.

I got the real Samsung flip case which replaces the back and keeps the phone slim and easy to put in your pocket.

I don't have a note but 2 friends using one . The response time for pictures seems very slow to me . 

Try to go in a shop that have both (or at least the note) available for u to handle. Your choice will mainly be about physical size, specifically how large is too large for you. For me, the s4 is at the upper limit of my acceptable size. I know because all phones upgrade before involved an increase in size to which I got used very quickly. Not so with the s4, it took me about 1 month to get used to it... The s5 is slightly larger, so too large but I may get used to it, eventually, because it is only 1mm wider (it's the width that is critical).

The note is much larger, so you don't really use it as a phone, more like a small tablet that can make calls...except if u have huge hands. Not for me, large palms but short fingers...

Love it's screen though, but really, don't buy it before handling it and have a plan to carry it (man purse? Cargo pant? Large size jeans with large pocket? Because it will not fit in most pockets...)

Agreed with the g3, it's also a nice phone...but bigger than the s5, would choose it if you want an immediate size between s5/note 3 (closer the s5)

Really, for the last generation, I feel the choice is mainly according to your preferred size and the price you can get. Flagship android phones are now very similar in term of specs. Samsungs still have an edge because it's the more common, meaning a huge choice of accessories and custom roms...

Envoyé de mon GT-I9505 en utilisant Tapatalk

555 Cerberus, note phones are very popular with girls...they have small hands...but they also have purses ;)

Envoyé de mon GT-I9505 en utilisant Tapatalk

Note 3 by a long way

I even watch movies on it, the screen is that good

Battery is better on the note 3 as well

Has a dual sim/micro SD mount. I can get nearly 20 full length blue ray quality movies onto the SD

In built pen is excellent and very responsive

I often just play local radio on the Note while I chip golf gall in the yard and sound is fine on near full volume

I owned a S4 and looked into the 5 but there is very little new features compared to the 4 to justify the price even though its a great product

I agree, I have a S4 and bought a Note 3 manly for the bigger size screen.

I have kept the S4 in case I did not like the Note 3 however after 3 months of use I am so happy with it.  I am going to sell the S4.

The S4 is a great phone but I need a bigger screen.

JDM 

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 4 weeks later...

I thought of buying Note 3 but when I saw LG G3 I changed my mind immediately. Awesome phone with only 0.2" smaller screen than Note 3.

I had the Note 2 but it died for no reason.. Now have the Note 3 and love it. Ideal for showing photos. Still getting used to the pen, a little different to the note 2 . It appears faster for everything also. I also take a lot of notes, hence why I had to get another one. 

About 18K Baht in Tukcomm, but make sure you get original. 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

If you're looking for bigger screens have a look at the Galaxy mega 6.3 they also have a mega 5.8 the specifications on the 6.3 are not up to par with the note 3 but the phone does everything I need plenty fast enough great resolution fantastic camera and of course a large screen they're selling it around 12500 a.very good buy if you don't wanna get 20000 plus in a phone purchase had mine eight months works perfect no issues

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

imo samsom have to many models, you have to spend a lot of time trying to sort out what has what.

Member since Dec 06.

• 1 month later...

if you can hold of the note 4 is out in a few months

I havent really looked into the specs of it as I am happy with my note 3

It did feel big when I first bought it but now its just normal

and using an normal phones feels uncomfortable

the note taking/pen is great, the dual screen, camera are all great features

LG G3 is about to put a spanner in the works look out for the 32GB version

you would recommend this over the Note 3?  why?  

Very frustrated with my Note 3.  Love the big screen.  More useful applications than iPhone.  Camera is slow, and lower quality than my iPhone.

-  Screen locks up:  Frequently, when in Chrome, or another application, screen locks up for up to 30 seconds.  
-  Reboots:  Phone reboots itself randomly when sitting untouched.
-  Locks up when pressing home button:  Frequently locks up when I press home button for the purpose of navigating to another app.
-  "Unfortunately, Chrome has stopped" is an unacceptable warning message on an Android phone since google makes both pieces of software.
-  White screens.

Note 3 for me. It has everything you could want in a phone. The only reason for not buying it is maybe the size but you soon get used to it.

BTW have just bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 which is a fantastic tablet, the screen is gorgeous. So slim and light as well.

Very frustrated with my Note 3.  Love the big screen.  More useful applications than iPhone.  Camera is slow, and lower quality than my iPhone.

-  Screen locks up:  Frequently, when in Chrome, or another application, screen locks up for up to 30 seconds.  

-  Reboots:  Phone reboots itself randomly when sitting untouched.

-  Locks up when pressing home button:  Frequently locks up when I press home button for the purpose of navigating to another app.

-  "Unfortunately, Chrome has stopped" is an unacceptable warning message on an Android phone since google makes both pieces of software.

-  White screens.

I use chrome , and have never found any problems.

My Note 3 is (routed).

Camera ( with apps) is far superior to my old iPhone 4.

My phone never locks up.

Maybe I am lucky, have a look on the web many good advice there regarding problems.

JDM 

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Does the note 3 fit in your pants pocket ok?

I have a S4 but was thinking of upgrading to note 3. Thought it might be a bit big (with case on) fitting in my pants

12 Pints in Know it all

Does the note 3 fit in your pants pocket ok?

I have a S4 but was thinking of upgrading to note 3. Thought it might be a bit big (with case on) fitting in my pants

No problems for me. I even slide it into jeans. It does seem too big at first but you get use to it I promise! I did buy the real samsung case that replaces the back and keeps it slim. Another case might make it to big. Paid 900 baht for case.

Great for movies, great camera and can actually read forums with it especially when you set your font size bigger.

Also, you cant kill the battery even using it all day. Cant wait for note 4.

The only thing i wish you can do is use the camera without having to unlock and find the app. Anyone have a fix for that?

Archived