IGNORED

Pattaya Curfew continues despite pockets of resistance from Pattaya Red Shirts

Pattaya One

The Curfew imposed by the Royal Thai Army continues around Thailand and here in Pattaya. With some exceptions, including travel to-and-from airports for those with valid air tickets, everyone must...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]JrsnwLcmvd8

View the full article

I am arriving this week, can someone please confirm that we can't be out between 10 Pm and 5 Am?

just considering should I cancel my trip.

Thanks for your help

why would you cancel???  its an amazing time to be there!   just start earlier!!!

rumor is the curfew will be over in Pattaya by Monday...  but who knows for sure?  only some generals...

I was out to dinner last night and didn't watch the clock. The restaurant in the Dusit Thani closed well after 10 and we made our way home. What surprised me was the number of cars and bikes on the road during the so called curfew.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daryle

Thanks guys, so go go's and bars are closing by 10Pm?

So I am guessing ST before 10 means LT?

I think 11 now...  but ya... and some are doing "lock down" parties, meaning you either leave by the closing time, or stay until 5am...

There are a number of exemptions to the curfew, travel to and from airports is one. However, the others related to essential services is unlikely to be available to ex-paats with no work permit!

would have been more fair to exempt trips from gogo and bars to hotel, but guess military generals are more in to LT :)

Just had this news from my friend : 7//11 stores are also shutting down at 22:00.

I am arriving this week, can someone please confirm that we can't be out between 10 Pm and 5 Am?

just considering should I cancel my trip.

Thanks for your help

Yes currently curfew from 10pm, & 7-11 closes at 10pm. However, as Cerberus said it's early days and things will relax in the very near future. Personally I wouldn't cancel a trip, come and just start earlier. If you find the curfew really pisses you off then jump over to Phnom Penh. I was at Canterbury Tales this morning and overheard a bunch of guys saying they were moving over to PP tomorrow, and coming back to Patts is a week or so when the curfew will be over. 

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Yes currently curfew from 10pm, & 7-11 closes at 10pm. However, as Cerberus said it's early days and things will relax in the very near future. Personally I wouldn't cancel a trip, come and just start earlier. If you find the curfew really pisses you off then jump over to Phnom Penh. I was at Canterbury Tales this morning and overheard a bunch of guys saying they were moving over to PP tomorrow, and coming back to Patts is a week or so when the curfew will be over. 

Thanks Sly Fox, I think I have no choice sine the typical insurance companies come up with the excuses to not refunding me 

Last night I was in a bar and the cashier told me that they had been ordered by the law to close at 10pm last night, and tonight (Sunday) but after that everything is back same as before. So looks like curfew is off from Monday.

I've been watching the last showing times for the movie theaters... If they are any indication...

Fri: Last showing 6pm

Sat: Last showing 8pm

Sun: Last showing 8:30 pm. (Avenue for Godzilla... a 2+hr movie...)

Music playing and bars open in Jomtien until 11pm last night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daryle

Just out of interest I checked the record of Thailand coups, this make the 4th military coup that I've been in Thailand for.

9 September 1985: Minor coup when Manoon Roopkhachorn attempts to seize power from Prime Minister Prem Tinsulanonda. This was the one when Australian combat cameraman Neil Davis got killed filming the action in BKK.

24 February 1991: Sunthorn Kongsompong overthrows Chatichai Choonhavan

19 September 2006: Sonthi Boonyaratglin overthrows Thaksin Shinawatra
22 May 2014: Prayuth Chan-ocha overthrows Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan

Thanks Sly Fox, I think I have no choice sine the typical insurance companies come up with the excuses to not refunding me 

As it stands the bars and agogos here in Pattaya have adjusted their opening hours because of the curfew and are opening earlier, so all we've had to do is go out earlier in the evening and wander back to our rooms before the lockdown.  Not a big issue, and as mentioned above the curfew will most likely be lifted asap.

You're right in that your travel insurance will not be valid if you fly out after a 'do not travel' advisory is issued.  The Aussie level of advice for general Thailand remains at 'exercise a high degree of caution' which still permits travel by the insurers - if in doubt, ring your insurance company.  Aside from that, no need to cancel.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Got stopped in a Roadblock on the way to Samet yesterday Morning. They seemed to be pulling over lots of Cars and Vans and wanted to see Passport or ID Cards.

After going through everything they seemed sort of Happy but Bollocked the Driver and 3 Thai Girls who were along with the rest of us not wearing seatbelts.

Seems if I understood it correct and can recall reading something last Week if in a Motor Vehicle now you have to wear a Belt or can be Fined 2,000 Baht.

Anyway after out delay of about half an Hour we were off and Samet is as it always was Music Drinks and no shutdown although you would need to bring a Takeaway.

On a side note got asked why I was out the Night before in Pats and whay was I doing. A good idea Gents to carry a Copy of your Passport for sure during this time.

Gona hit back into Pats tomorrow but now a little Fucked off with all this Shit and looking at Flights out of Thailand into maybe Manilla as I am getting tired of all these closues for one thing or another

ghosty

Last night I was in a bar and the cashier told me that they had been ordered by the law to close at 10pm last night, and tonight (Sunday) but after that everything is back same as before. So looks like curfew is off from Monday.

I heard the same thing last night also......Should be back to normal on Monday 

Posted Image

I heard the same thing last night also......Should be back to normal on Monday 

Lets hope this is the case, although my imformation is, it may allow opening up until 12 ish and not enforce as early closue as last few days, however Bangkok seems set to follow more of the enforcement than other areas.

Dependant upon who make a decision I reckon it is anybodys Fecking guess as to whom will be doing or saying what in the powers that be

Ghosty

Many post on here and T.V.by guys "in the know" or have a cop friend or wife's uncle is in the army, all think they know when the curfew ends, but until  General Prayuth in charge says so, nobody knows a thing, its all rumor, could end today or next week or Christmas

Many post on here and T.V.by guys "in the know" or have a cop friend or wife's uncle is in the army, all think they know when the curfew ends, but until  General Prayuth in charge says so, nobody knows a thing, its all rumor, could end today or next week or Christmas

Correct you can't second guess the Thai's, they don't know what's going on from one day to the next and that includes the Gen in charge.

I like them, as juicy as a freshwater clam!

Last night after I picked my Tilak up most bars were still open near 10pm and did not look closing any time soon, unlike the previous night it was a ghost town by 10pm.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png   Regards, Atlas.

After going through everything they seemed sort of Happy but Bollocked the Driver and 3 Thai Girls who were along with the rest of us not wearing seatbelts.

ghosty

You are a very naughty man, taking on three girls alone :) , four in a bed ?? Nice One Matey !!

Archived