IGNORED

Croatia 1-1 Turkey (1-3 pens)

Hardeep J

Can't believe how this game ended up. Rustu, the Turkish keeper makes a howler by coming out and not getting the ball, and leaving the goal exposed for Croatia to score. then all of a sudden, Rustu boots the ball up-field for Senturk to score an absulate stunner in the last few seconds!

Croatia played the better football overall, but just didn't there chances.

Well played Turkey, I love their never say die attitude.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

They're handing it to Germany, basically. I'm hoping Holland can beat Russia or you;ll see the dreaded Germany Italy final

respect has got 2 go out 2 what turkey and russia have done but i really hope its not them 2 in the final as it does not sound as inviting as a spain germany final or a germany italy final

it aint easy bein sleazy

come and do the kii romance dance

bill oddie can spot your beaver from miles away

They're handing it to Germany, basically. I'm hoping Holland can beat Russia or you;ll see the dreaded Germany Italy final

I`m sorry mate, but the Russians outplayed our Dutch team in an outstanding game of them. Hopefully they will play the same high standard throughout the rest of the tournement. Keep our fingers crossed for an Turkey-Russia final. It would be a first. :D

A Germany-Italy final is indeed a dreaded final, then better a Germany-Spain final and hopefully the Spanish will win at the end.

the turks have had a lot of luck in this tournament, but i think the germans will be too strong for them. when you see the likes of ballack, Klose, Podolski and Schweinsteiger are performing at the right time, they will get stronger as the tournament progresses.

the turks have had a lot of luck in this tournament, but i think the germans will be too strong for them. when you see the likes of ballack, Klose, Podolski and Schweinsteiger are performing at the right time, they will get stronger as the tournament progresses.

I agree with you, that the Germans have much more strength then the Turks have or will ever have, but look what happened 4 years ago with the Greeks. Though the Germans are the high favourites to catch the finals, in soccer nothing is sure. Look what the Turks already showed this tournament so far? What has strength got to do with it when a team has a date with lady fortune? :D

Cheers,

Adrie.

I agree with you, that the Germans have much more strength then the Turks have or will ever have, but look what happened 4 years ago with the Greeks. Though the Germans are the high favourites to catch the finals, in soccer nothing is sure. Look what the Turks already showed this tournament so far? What has strength got to do with it when a team has a date with lady fortune? :P

Cheers,

Adrie.

don't forget the turks have several influential players out for the game against germany, plus they have a weakness in goal with Rustu making basic mistakes against croatia. think what podolski and klose will do if they get chances.

i think luck has played a massive part in turkeys success. late goals against Switzerland and Czech Rep got them past the group stages. then the game against croatia. they battered turkey all over the park, and if they'd taken there chances... then it would've been bye-bye turkey.

Edited by Hardeep J

don't forget the turks have several influential players out for the game against germany, plus they have a weakness in goal with Rustu making basic mistakes against croatia. think what podolski and klose will do if they get chances.

i think luck has played a massive part in turkeys success. late goals against Switzerland and Czech Rep got them past the group stages. then the game against croatia. they battered turkey all over the park, and if they'd taken there chances... then it would've been bye-bye turkey.

See what luck can do in a game? The luck that the Greeks had 4 years ago is now on the side of the Turks.

They did beat the Croatians also with lots of luck and never say never that they will have that same amount of luck against the Germans.

Normally they won`t stand a chance against them with a crippeled team as they have. But it`s still a crazy game.

If the Russians will remain there high level, they are my strong favourites for the finals. They have an outstanding team with an excellent manager that shaped them well.

Well mate, Germany is the first finalist, but this time lady fortune wasn`t on the side of the Turks. Germany has been lucky tonght to win the game. In the first half the Turks should have lead by at least two goals. In the second half the luck stayed on the German side with a goal in the last minute. I guess that the Germans got 5 chances and scored 3, with a nervous and bad Lehmann in the goal the Turks had a lot more chances but they couldn`t finish up at the right side of the score this time.

Thumbs up for the Turkish team, the way they played tonight with a B team inside the field. Still they managed to play a lot better than the Germans.

Cheers,

Adrie.

Well mate, Germany is the first finalist, but this time lady fortune wasn`t on the side of the Turks. Germany has been lucky tonght to win the game. In the first half the Turks should have lead by at least two goals. In the second half the luck stayed on the German side with a goal in the last minute. I guess that the Germans got 5 chances and scored 3, with a nervous and bad Lehmann in the goal the Turks had a lot more chances but they couldn`t finish up at the right side of the score this time.

Thumbs up for the Turkish team, the way they played tonight with a B team inside the field. Still they managed to play a lot better than the Germans.

Cheers,

Adrie.

Adrie,

Well, it has to be said that the Germans survived a poor performance from their side with some luck. Efficiency probably is the word that captures it all - if other teams could match that efficiency of the Germans it would game over for them. Until then: same procedure as every tournament.

I doubt Lahm actually noticed Kazim did more than just slip. But that brings me to an annoyance: in the match Spain vs. Italy you could witness this new fairness ethics being taken too far. If a (forward) player goes down with without any contact with an opponent and a counter attack is imminent, why should the team being in possession stop the play ? It's just too inviting to draw diving in order to stop a counter attack (and that's what I think happened in the Italy match).

Oh yes, and the referee: right, he didn't call the penalty on the foul on Kazim. But he equally failed on the much more obvious hit on Lahm in the first half, call it quits, I'd say.

Adrie,

Well, it has to be said that the Germans survived a poor performance from their side with some luck. Efficiency probably is the word that captures it all - if other teams could match that efficiency of the Germans it would game over for them. Until then: same procedure as every tournament.

I doubt Lahm actually noticed Kazim did more than just slip. But that brings me to an annoyance: in the match Spain vs. Italy you could witness this new fairness ethics being taken too far. If a (forward) player goes down with without any contact with an opponent and a counter attack is imminent, why should the team being in possession stop the play ? It's just too inviting to draw diving in order to stop a counter attack (and that's what I think happened in the Italy match).

Oh yes, and the referee: right, he didn't call the penalty on the foul on Kazim. But he equally failed on the much more obvious hit on Lahm in the first half, call it quits, I'd say.

That so called "fair play"has been driven much too far indeed. As it has to be the referee`s call to stop the game when a player is injured, it almost never makes the ref stop the game. Angry whistles from the fans makes a player shoot the ball outside, but I agree that these things were driven too far in the Italy-Spain game.

Cheers mate,

Adrie.

Well well well... Fabregas just turned that one on its head...

One of the best performances of the championships there surely. Deserves to start on the basis of that 2nd half performance.