Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Norwegian Airlines making a big impact with $200 flights to Europe, $600 to Thailand from New York/US.

Xylanic

So,

Saw this is USA Today because American carriers are terrified of Norwegian Airlines super, super low cost international fares and their business model which allows them to be profitable while still having these crazy fares.

I had never heard of them and they never popped up on the skyscanner and orbitz sites I use due to their business model.

But the crazy fares are true  and they are starting to make a huge impact here.

I have never flown with them but looking at the fares that are 50% less than what I normally pay...I am tempted to use them on my next trip even if it means flying to New York first as they do not work out of DC as it will still be cheaper.

Has anyone here flown with them?

The prices are insane.

www.norwegian.com/us

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I work for the Night Wish group and The Pattaya News in Pattaya, Thailand. I run monthly meetups and bar crawls.. I also run the weekly Newbie Wednesday meetup sessions at Sexy in the City on Soi 6. Sexy in the City is located across from Queen Victoria Inn. 

Just remember that if you want to bring a bag or suitcase, you have to pay more. You wanna eat, you pay. You wanna drink, you pay :GoldenSmile1:

But yes, they are cheap.

Used them a couple of times. Once between Norway and the UK... not bad, cheap but the free WiFi was not working.
Oslo to Thailand in premium economy was terrible for the price and I wouldn't ever fly with them again in this class.
On my last trio to Thailand the company was paying and as usual they want to keep the costs down. I was so relieved to find out that Qatar were cheaper than Norwegian once the fees for food and bags were added.

Long Haul (Over 5 hours) with a Low Cost Operation has never worked. Could Norwegian buck the trend ?

If you could make money on Long Haul using the low cost model you could bet that a certain O'Leary would have been

trying ?  As Ryanair have not gone into this segment of the market it confirms to me LCC long haul will not work. As

Ryanair are to announce this week reduced profits (for the first time in many years) - now could be the time Mr O'Leary

looks at long haul opportunities ?

I live in NY. I checked some dates in September.. around $1200. How is that cheap? There are some China airline flights going for $1000-1100.

Just remember that if you want to bring a bag or suitcase, you have to pay more. You wanna eat, you pay. You wanna drink, you pay :GoldenSmile1:

But yes, they are cheap.

In the US, it is called Spirit airlines. Everything is a la carte and you pay for exactly what you want. If the flight is half the price of other carriers, sign me up!

I flew Spirit once...  never ever again....  the freaking seats don't even recline, it was the most unpleasant flying experience of my life, for a half dozen other reasons...  

So,

Saw this is USA Today because American carriers are terrified of Norwegian Airlines super, super low cost international fares and their business model which allows them to be profitable while still having these crazy fares.

I had never heard of them and they never popped up on the skyscanner and orbitz sites I use due to their business model.

But the crazy fares are true  and they are starting to make a huge impact here.

I have never flown with them but looking at the fares that are 50% less than what I normally pay...I am tempted to use them on my next trip even if it means flying to New York first as they do not work out of DC as it will still be cheaper.

Has anyone here flown with them?

The prices are insane.

www.norwegian.com/us

They also fly into Europe for as little as 500 sometimes less than 500 GBP return.

BUT

You have to book all the sectors individually so a London - BKK return would be 4 separate tickets as you go via Olso or Stockholm and each leg is a treated as a separate booking etc and that means if you miss your connection they don't have to put you on the next flight with the ticket you are holding and you have to pay again. So OK if no delays but that's the risk.

And they are on Skyscanner Thailand as I get them when I do a search.

I like them, as juicy as a freshwater clam!

Long Haul (Over 5 hours) with a Low Cost Operation has never worked. Could Norwegian buck the trend ?

If you could make money on Long Haul using the low cost model you could bet that a certain O'Leary would have been

trying ?  As Ryanair have not gone into this segment of the market it confirms to me LCC long haul will not work. As

Ryanair are to announce this week reduced profits (for the first time in many years) - now could be the time Mr O'Leary

looks at long haul opportunities ?

agree on all points , those that have tried used worn out planes not good after a few hours .

air asia gave it a go couple of years ago , stanstead uk to kuala lumpur , bet that was a

nightmare thirteen hours in one of their old boneshakers , needless to say the service did

not last more than five minutes .

agree on all points , those that have tried used worn out planes not good after a few hours .

air asia gave it a go couple of years ago , stanstead uk to kuala lumpur , bet that was a

nightmare thirteen hours in one of their old boneshakers , needless to say the service did

not last more than five minutes .

actually Air Asia starting up flights to EU again shortly. AirAsia also long haul flight sydney to KL or soon their second main base BKK.

I got return syd to BKK for $340 AUD all in, compare to about $1000 on qantas or thai air.

actually Air Asia starting up flights to EU again shortly. AirAsia also long haul flight sydney to KL or soon their second main base BKK.

I got return syd to BKK for $340 AUD all in, compare to about $1000 on qantas or thai air.

Please tell me more on Air Asia (X) starting up again to EU / destinations/aircraft ?

Low-cost Malaysian airline AirAsia X announced Wednesday an order of 25 long-range A330-300 aircraft with a catalogue price of nearly $US6 billion ($A6.7 billion) as it looks to return to serving Europe.

"This order stamps our firm intent to dominate the long-haul, low-cost carrier space and marks the next phase in our development to be the undisputed global market leader," AirAsia X's director Tony Fernandes was quoted as saying in a statement.

Airbus said at a joint press conference in Paris it was the biggest single order for the widebody twin-engine aircraft from an airline, and would begin delivering the planes to the long-haul affiliate of the AirAsia group in 2015.

The order includes the latest version of the A330-300 capable of flying from Asia to Europe or the Americas non-stop.

xylanic

norwegian are supposed to use the new dreamliner,i think they got two more this year.when adding price for luggage and if you want drinks the price is about the same as any other airline.the sole reason i choose norwegian was actually that they use the dreamliner.so it cant be that bad i hope.can tell you more late august

Low-cost Malaysian airline AirAsia X announced Wednesday an order of 25 long-range A330-300 aircraft with a catalogue price of nearly $US6 billion ($A6.7 billion) as it looks to return to serving Europe.

"This order stamps our firm intent to dominate the long-haul, low-cost carrier space and marks the next phase in our development to be the undisputed global market leader," AirAsia X's director Tony Fernandes was quoted as saying in a statement.

Airbus said at a joint press conference in Paris it was the biggest single order for the widebody twin-engine aircraft from an airline, and would begin delivering the planes to the long-haul affiliate of the AirAsia group in 2015.

The order includes the latest version of the A330-300 capable of flying from Asia to Europe or the Americas non-stop.

Your Copy/paste is from 2013 when Air Asia announced an order for A330-300.  Cannot see it using  A330 aircraft on flights from Far East to Europe unless the have free fuel !

Perhaps when the A350's are delivered in 2/3 years Air Asia X might have another go at flights to Europe.

Norwegian.com are one of the biggest low-fare in Europe. I will guess that also Ryanair are thinking of Long haul.

To be low cost and make money you have to have new and effective planes. Norwegian will get a new airplane every 3. week this year (CEO B. Kjos told this)  ... Thats a big investment!

I took a check now on airfare from OSL - BKK (Oslo - Bangkok) each way is about: 1500,- NOK (250,- $) So total will be for me: 500$

This is the price in august down with return september. Its 6 different dates with this price.

And the suitcase, food and drinks are extra. But if you do not need that. Its cheap

I have used them since 2005, never had any kind of trouble. But that is only in Europe.

Norwegian have had some trouble with the new 787-Dreamliner, but it seams to be ok now(?)

One big downside for me, is that it is no wifi on the new Dreamliner? And i do not know why this is not installed? They have free wifi onboard almost every other plane in Europe.

My sister hate me for using them, since she is working for SAS (Scandinavian Airline)

a friend of mine used them for our march trip. he said it was good flight oslo-bkk. cost him £480 but as said everything else was extras. they also wanted £150 to extend his stay for a few days. 

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

pej you sure about the wifi?they claimed when i booked that it was working on the stockholm -bangkok flight.i booked in lmiddle august

@iggy

So far that i know, they have not installed any wifi on the 787-Dreamliner. But of course, they may do so if many customer demands it?

I do not understand why they dont, because it would be great for alot of busines travel and so on to USA.

Just look at all flights from OSL / ARN / CPH to USA, they would benefit to install the wifi on 787-DL

Norwegian may, have change it. But the first 787 had not wifi.

I did make an order on ARN - BKK in aug. now. And it do not say wifi onboard. on the reservation!

When you order at Norwegian, it always says if the plane got wifi on youre order. I could be wrong....

I flew from oslo to bkk and back for 532 US dollars, booked 3 months in advance.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Today news in Norway about Norwegian: they will get 2 new 787 in the next 14days. They will then have 7 in total of the 787 Dreamliner. And they have 6 more on order at Boing with the 787-9 who is a extended version.

Using a Apple product

Used them a couple of times. Once between Norway and the UK... not bad, cheap but the free WiFi was not working.

Oslo to Thailand in premium economy was terrible for the price and I wouldn't ever fly with them again in this class.

On my last trio to Thailand the company was paying and as usual they want to keep the costs down. I was so relieved to find out that Qatar were cheaper than Norwegian once the fees for food and bags were added.

What was wrong with the premium class? For me it's over $1'000 cheaper so maybe worth it?

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

:08:

Archived