Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Marquez the Maestro

Edge

Lovin seein Rossi up there.

Lovin the look on Lorenzo's face too.....it's over 555.

Ummmmm....What ??

Ummmmm....What ??

We're in Sports.

If you don't understand go back to Sexy Thai Girls Uncut.

Is that about pre-op LBs for you? :-P

We're in Sports.

Takes one to know one i guess...

Dunno - just asking.

Don`t much care really......

.....just an awesome race to behold. :-)

Motorbike Racing i would say ,  has " Rocket Ron " retired yet ?       

Loved watching the Roberts, Mamola , Lawson , duels back in the 70's/80's

Mikeyboy

Motorbike Racing i would say ,  has " Rocket Ron " retired yet ?       

Loved watching the Roberts, Mamola , Lawson , duels back in the 70's/80's

Mikeyboy

Time to catch up?

You missed a lot.   :hello09:

• 3 weeks later...

MMMMM a clue to edges demise on the board .

• 2 weeks later...

5 out 5 he is awsome

Jeez did you watch him yesterday?

We're in Sports.

Welcome back Edge , good to see ya posting .

Welcome back Edge , good to see ya posting .

Some things are worthy of comment.   :GoldenSmile1:

Marc Márquez secures seventh successive MotoGP win in Catalonia
• Defending champion wins from Valentino Rossi

• 21-year-old is 58 points clear in standings.

Marc-M-rquez-008.jpg

Marc Márquez celebrated for the seventh successive time at the Catalonian Grand Prix. Photograph: Albert Gea/Reuters

Marc Márquez won a thrilling four-way duel at Sunday’s Catalonia Grand Prix to make it seven victories in as many races as he continued his MotoGP title defence.

Márquez overtook the Yamaha pair Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo before surviving a brush with his Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa on the last lap to claim a 13th career win, in a race that featured constant jousting among the top four riders.

Rossi crossed second followed by Pedrosa, who was fortunate not to crash after his front wheel touched Márquez’s rear tire near the end.

Márquez said: “We gave them a good show.”

The 21-year-old Márquez increased his lead over Rossi to 58 points, 175 to 117. Pedrosa is third on 112.

14 - 1.jpg

Google+ marc3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Unbelievable talent,  got some big balls to make some of the passes he does.

Well I'm goin on 60, I'm older than most. Won't be long now and all I'll be is a ghost

Unbelievable talent,  got some big balls to make some of the passes he does.

That race was a bit confusing and I really need to watch it again to see why he didn't fall off.

Another amazing performance - 8 wins in a row - every race so far - it sounds as though it might be boring and predictable, but far from it.

Meanwhile his younger brother is coming through fast - has to at least be in Moto2 next year surely, especially considering his size.

motogp is okay, but not a scratch on the old days

they run advanced abs, traction control and massive telemetry all linked to an ecu sending data back to the pits 

that can be changed on the fly in a race.

actual rider input is far less now than a few years ago, its part reason why stoner got out

marc is great an all, but from being a rabid fan I now don't make much effort to see the races

I follow mxgp and ama mx, both moto-x and they are far more 'real' racing to me

all the 2014 series are running and providing some great racing, available live by streams or later on u-tobe, verb etc.

Member since Dec 06.

motogp is okay, but not a scratch on the old days

Fairy Nuff.

I went to watch him once too   :LOL2:

GD_Norton.jpg

old days not ancient

is that you? the boy in the top right corner

wot u think about the rider aids?

Member since Dec 06.

old days not ancient

is that you? the boy in the top right corner

wot u think about the rider aids?

Probably not, but it could have been - my Dad took me to the TT once and I did see Geoff Duke.

Rider aids or just technological progress, a lot of it seems to also be geared towards selling road bikes to me, which once they realised how successful WSB were at translating bike racing into sales, MotoGP has basically stolen their ground with a vengeance.

I'm not qualified to judge the "rider aids" issue but I assume they are the same for everyone and as we undoubtedly have the best riders in the world out there, the way that Marquez has come through from the lower classes and dominated at such a young age has been amazing.

MX is OK, but as a viewing spectacle I don't find it as compelling as MotoGP but each to their own.

Probably not, but it could have been - my Dad took me to the TT once and I did see Geoff Duke.

Rider aids or just technological progress, a lot of it seems to also be geared towards selling road bikes to me, which once they realised how successful WSB were at translating bike racing into sales, MotoGP has basically stolen their ground with a vengeance.

I'm not qualified to judge the "rider aids" issue but I assume they are the same for everyone and as we undoubtedly have the best riders in the world out there, the way that Marquez has come through from the lower classes and dominated at such a young age has been amazing.

MX is OK, but as a viewing spectacle I don't find it as compelling as MotoGP but each to their own.

tech advancement or aid

when you can come out of a corner and just nail it as apposed to having to use your head, wrist and body without a mistake,

it takes something away from the sport

stuff like that is banned from many motosports,

many fans particularly "core" see that and get frustrated dissmissing it as inferior.

i'm a prime example, for 20 years you would not find me anywhere

but glued to the tv on a sunday night watching motogp, sometimes after racing myself that day i would still stay up

now its still very good but i can see how the racing has changed and im far less interested.

of course, just the way i see it and has no bearring on anyone elses enjoyment of it.

Member since Dec 06.

tech advancement or aid

when you can come out of a corner and just nail it as apposed to having to use your head, wrist and body without a mistake,

it takes something away from the sport

555 You make it sound like a monkey could do it.

Have Cal and all the others who keep falling down not got these aids?

I'm not techie, but my brother and his mates have been riding and racing for decades and none of them are making negative noises about the current MotoGP series and they're all still glued to it - gang of them off to Sachsenring in a week or so - almost wish I was too.

I don't see any better racing spectacle out there.

Regardless my point is about Marquez and what he has achieved racing against the best riders in the world.

In my day you used the thumb brake to stop the rear breaking loose. That's old school traction control. ..

Well I'm goin on 60, I'm older than most. Won't be long now and all I'll be is a ghost

What odd's would we have got at start of motoGP season for MM to 1st every GP  ??

Gotta put it down the track at some point... :GoldenSmile1:

Malky :Dream1:

In my day you used the thumb brake to stop the rear breaking loose. That's old school traction control. ..

Not sure how common that was - think it was initially developed for Doohan when he almost lost his right leg?

• 1 month later...

The beat goes on.

I wonder what odds you could have got at the start of the seaon against him winning 10 / 10.

Truly amazing talent.

Yes, the field he is racing against is some top competition, several former world champions in there and on competitive bikes. Hats off to him, and when a man starts from the pit lane and still wins....what more can you say !!

Archived