IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

We have decided to offer a range of 'Grass fed Australian Angus Beef' starting at just '645 Baht' and cease offering 'Daily Specials', our entry level steak are now on 'par or cheaper then other local steakhouses offerings'. We still offer the same great range of award winning Jack's Creek Black Angus & Wagyu steak but now offer a fantastic 'entry level steak' or those whom prefer grass fed, in addition we will have a 'weekly special' of secondary cuts such as flank, eye of rump, oyster blade and some fantastic deals on Australian Wagyu steak.  

Menu Front Page  -Weekly Special September 2018.jpg

Angus - September 2018.jpg

Edited by steak&co
  • Like 2

Steak&Co:

Question...

Your cuts, do you tend towards a thicker cut to make weight, or a thinner wider cut on the plate?

Im a sucker for a nice seared medium rare..but on a thick(er) cut rather than a thinner one.

IYKYK

I tried the beef Wellington here for the first time ever so please excuse my ignorance. Is it supposed to come out of the pastry shell so easily? It was still tasty but I had imagined something different.

On 13/09/2018 at 09:09, speedtoy said:

Steak&Co:

Question...

Your cuts, do you tend towards a thicker cut to make weight, or a thinner wider cut on the plate?

Im a sucker for a nice seared medium rare..but on a thick(er) cut rather than a thinner one.

We 'ballantine roll' (tightly rolled in cling film) chilled then sliced into steaks and place into vac pac bags and back into the chiller, this ensure during a busy service we can get the right weight and dont make errors. The steaks are rolled to ensure a thicker steak so as you rightly said the sear creates a crust but you still have the moist soft centre. For years I have been wanting a Josper Charcoal Oven, these bad boys go to 600F+, amazing for steaks.... my problem is not everyone likes that heavy char, the USA does tend to have much larger steaks, we do have 400g steaks and tomahawks from 1.0-1.8 kilo and are obviously much thicker then our regular rolled 250g offerings.  

https://www.josper.es/en/josper/about/ 

Edited by steak&co

On 12/09/2018 at 13:27, steak&co said:

We have decided to offer a range of 'Grass fed Australian Angus Beef' starting at just '645 Baht' and cease offering 'Daily Specials', our entry level steak are now on 'par or cheaper then other local steakhouses offerings'. We still offer the same great range of award winning Jack's Creek Black Angus & Wagyu steak but now offer a fantastic 'entry level steak' or those whom prefer grass fed, in addition we will have a 'weekly special' of secondary cuts such as flank, eye of rump, oyster blade and some fantastic deals on Australian Wagyu steak.  

Menu Front Page  -Weekly Special September 2018.jpg

Angus - September 2018.jpg

I walked past both your restaurants this morning.

The special boards have disappeared?

• Like 3

On 13/09/2018 at 10:46, Ohyesuare said:

I tried the beef Wellington here for the first time ever so please excuse my ignorance. Is it supposed to come out of the pastry shell so easily? It was still tasty but I had imagined something different.

In the Chef world Beef Wellington is termed as a 'Rich mans Pie' because pastry casing / pie crust and high quality meat. Ideally when you cut into the Beef Wellington you do it across the centre with a nice sharp knife halving it, because the mushroom duxcelle, pate and mustard all between the steak and the pastry is becomes moist and could kinda cause the fillet to become separated from the pastry if the halved when cut into initially... if that makes sense. We serve individual Beef Wellingtons rather then a whole fillet Beef Wellington served at parties etc or larger groups.  

2876.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pheat said:

I walked past both your restaurants this morning.

The special boards have disappeared?

Yes we have changed direction introducing a new Angus ranges of steaks available 'every-day' at lower prices then our Black Angus and Wagyu offering making us more accessible, and Smokin' Joe's its just a shift away from the specials market which so far seems to be going OK although we may loss some custom.   

Over the years, the restaurants that have been most likely to get my custom are those where I know what I’m going get. Consistency is important. Consistent menu, consistent quality, consistent service, consistent prices.

I’ve only been to Steak & Co twice. About 18 months ago then again last month.

Menu had changed significantly. Much less on it now.

Starter excellent last time. I didn’t have a starter this time as there was nothing I wanted - only 1 soup??? :wacko:

Steak much better this time. Very good. Sides much worse this time. Outstanding last time, average this time.

Prices significantly higher this time. I tend to eat with one or more of my friends and they just won’t want to go at these prices. 

Service about the same. 

(On a side note, the restaurant was bloody freezing. I was glad to get outside to thaw out)

Really, no consistency at all between visits. Now you are announcing more changes. Honestly, I think you need to decide what your model is and stick to it for a while.

Edited by davidge
  • Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

11 minutes ago, davidge said:

Over the years, the restaurants that have been most likely to get my custom are those where I know what I’m going get. Consistency is important. Consistent menu, consistent quality, consistent service, consistent prices.

Have you tried the steak at the kitchen? Seems great value and they sure are consistent, being a franchise and all. 

Best value with eatigo. 

Edited by stacksreg123

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

• 1 month later...

We are re-introducing our 'Early Bird Specials' for high season, this is to encourage patrons to come for lunch or an earlier dinner, our regular priced me is also available as usual. Available now :Party1:

External Sign Steak & Co 100x200cm -October 2018.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steak&co said:

We are re-introducing our 'Early Bird Specials' for high season, this is to encourage patrons to come for lunch or an earlier dinner, our regular priced me is also available as usual. Available now :Party1:

My thoughts on http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/326903-steak-in-pattaya/?page=7&tab=comments#comment-4550608 an hour ago.  Posts don't seem to be numbered any more(?)

3 hours ago, steak&co said:

External Sign Steak & Co 100x200cm -October 2018.jpg

= "We realise we fucked up and were killing our own business so we hope to get some of it back"

20 hours ago, CuppaTea said:

= "We realise we fucked up and were killing our own business so we hope to get some of it back"

How about some specials at Smokin' Joes too?

3 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

How about some specials at Smokin' Joes too?

Man they've got a new Daily Special !

Ice Lemon Tea up from 70 baht to 120 baht and scrapped the daily specials on food.

Now that's real "Special'

I always thought that "Specials" should be for the customers, not the owners, so that shows what I know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 months later...

Daily Specials has been replaced with a flat discount of 20% discount on 'all food & drink' before 18.00 pm at Steak & Co.

Steak & Co 20% off promotion A4.jpg

Edited by steak&co
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

i was asked by another BM yesterday about the reception entrance for the china garden guest house above Steak n Co and this is the best place i can find to post the pics...............

1711351813_8june001(Custom).JPG.5b6d989ff9dabfd9a5055b7fa92c626c.JPG

reception is to the right by that red n white sign

2068945726_8june004(Custom).JPG.b6c26bf05a9439b558873c4a871b425c.JPG

behind the foliage

620964974_8june005(Custom).JPG.98f134b7603bd61c3728bf3cca391f85.JPG

1804314444_8june002(Custom).JPG.6c3c6fe6ebe5eb0f42182798a80bf068.JPG

bingo

633581959_8june003(Custom).JPG.6b89a7e3648ed2c4f71492fc2cf54203.JPG

109277547_8june006(Custom).JPG.fc76d189ca8871d47476552917e6cfc9.JPG

6 hours ago, bangna said:

Is it still a walk past some lockers and freezers?

i did not notice lockers. i did spot chest freezers

On 08/12/2016 at 17:21, China Garden said:

This is the new entrance, hotel guests can use their key card to enter Steak & Co room's (China Garden) or Smokin' Joe's room, on the first floor we are making an opening connecting the two building, all 18 rooms will then be accessible from either entrance.   The old China Garden reception window will still be open 24/7 but guests coming or leaving the rooms have the choice of either entrance, therefore wont have to pass the back of our kitchen at Steak & Co etc.

There will be someone at reception 24/7 for taking copies of ID's or late checkin's on the Steak & Co side (China Garden)  

door.jpg

3 hours ago, bangna said:

Is it still a walk past some lockers and freezers?

Based on this post, once you gotten the key card from reception. You can use the new entrance from Smokin Joe's side to get to the rooms. Shouldn't have to walk past the lockers and freezers anymore. 

The room entrance is separate, you don't need to walk past freezers or lockers etc, each guest is given a room key and electronic access to this secure door which accesses all 17 rooms 

Joe's Outside Night Pic 1.jpg

• Like 1

I stopped by Steak and Co twice during my last trip and had the waygu beef special they were offering

7BB69E67-0B70-4274-9569-3ED8C04D8129.jpg

BE0DFC66-4FE3-4547-87AD-D055468725A7.jpg

Even the lower end Denver cut was excellent.  The beef was tender and cooked just as I ordered it.

0AFC889A-F21E-4242-876D-785FE05D6C9C.jpg

Imo they have the best quality for value in Pattaya.  Keep up the good work

• Like 3

3 hours ago, steak&co said:

The room entrance is separate, you don't need to walk past freezers or lockers etc, each guest is given a room key and electronic access to this secure door which accesses all 17 rooms 

Joe's Outside Night Pic 1.jpg

yeas agree  and stand by all info given here is right . the 1st entrance was  thru the reception .

and since smokin joes they have a separate entrance , with no hassles , just a key card to be used , also you can go thru this and you will find another key card door on the right for the entrance from the reception . that way no BGS can come up knocking your door  without the key card even if she sneaks pass the reception.

i have stayed a countless times here and am too ,never had any sort of problems at this place

i can bring 2+ tgs  thats what i need .and no questions asked  or no walk of shame .:GoldenSmile1:

staff is great and rooms well cleaned everyday

IAN and YURIY are doing a great job  since years :Clap::Good_Job:

Any ground floor rooms??

www.sugarcanemafia.com

19 hours ago, froddo said:

Any ground floor rooms??

The rooms are on the 1st floor the restaurants are on the ground floor.

• 1 month later...