IGNORED

Steak & Co. in Soi Lengkee (formerly China Garden)

China Garden

Personally I doubt someone influenced to dine because of a 200B reduction in price for food is then going to turn round & buy wine (expensive in LOS) in great quantities. I find my drink bill always bigger than my food 

• Like 1

www.sugarcanemafia.com

1 hour ago, froddo said:

I find my drink bill always bigger than my food 

Mee too. I always check the drink prices first on the menu.

Beer in about 30b bottle, same out for 100b.

No need to brew that, no "cooking", just cooling, easy money.

Wine is not expensive in Thailand anymore, the BIG myth by who...?

One class (12cl) bag in box wine in is 19b, same out 120-150b.

My Christmas Eve at Tin Cup. Khao-pad on the table. Sang Som in the hip flask. 

You sober Santa, faak oooff!

7 hours ago, Capt. Rick Flange III said:

So it’s booking only on Xmas day.  Is that right.  

'No booking required on the 25th December' if you want our normal menu ... but to ensure I have enough Turkey & Chilean Snow-fish it is 'booking only' for the Christmas Set Dinner. I have had to buy in the Turkey's already for fear of them selling out closer to Christmas, I can offer 50-60 Turkey Dinners and we have appropriately 25 bookings mostly for Turkey. On the day if we have more turkey portions available we will be more then happy to offer it to 'walk in guests' but when it's gone it's gone kinda thing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Guiness said:

quote " horses for courses " are you suggesting a wider choice for mains ??????????

:Party1:  HAHA I'm afraid not 

7 hours ago, froddo said:

Personally I doubt someone influenced to dine because of a 200B reduction in price for food is then going to turn round & buy wine (expensive in LOS) in great quantities. I find my drink bill always bigger than my food 

For the first 2 years I closed Steak & Co for a private party, due to the confirmed large numbers and the opportunity to sell copious amounts of alcohol we priced the dinner at a loss, most of them drank water with a few bottles of beer and it was a wash out from our side of the table, regardless we did it for a second year for goodwill but the same happened and I don't think I gained any repeat business from most of those customers.

Last year we opted for our own event and was happy to find we was full and many of our regular customers had chosen to spend Christmas with us, clearly this was a much better as our regular guests knew what to expect in terms of pricing and the quality we give in return. 

Edited by steak&co
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2017 at 20:08, CuppaTea said:

You couldn't buy the waygu yourself and cook it for that price.

Does that not tell you something ?

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

14 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

+1

3 hours ago, Soi7 said:

Australian Wagyu beef varies in both cost and quality dramatically, prices start from 1,800 Baht per kilo to 6,000 kilo depending on the marble score and the particular cut (also full blood Wagyu or cross-bred), the higher the marbling the greater the cost and prime cuts such as Rib Eye, Sirloin & Fillet command higher prices, secondary cuts such as Brisket, Flank & Chuck can be purchased for less then 1000 Baht per kilo. You was in the meat industry before and your fully aware of the grading of meat and the vast array cuts available. True, if you take a 'simplistic approach' and look at an expensive super-market like Villa Market and the price per kilo offered there you might not be able to purchase an individual piece for less then we serve it but we don't buy individual pieces, we buy whole short-loins, tenderloins etc from a wholesaler not a retailer. You know me personally and should know I'm very straight forward in my business dealings,  but anyone is more then welcome anytime to come and inspect our chillers and verify the Wagyu is actually Wagyu.

I have attached some prices from one of our suppliers to verify my above statement. 

IMG_7748.PNG

IMG_7749.PNG

Edited by steak&co
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is a fully list of whats included in the Traditional Christmas Dinner, Roast Turkey, Australian Roast Beef (Sirloin, cooked medium), Roast Lamb and Honey Glazed Ham with all the trimmings for 995 Baht

Turkey Dinner.jpg

On 12/10/2017 at 16:47, steak&co said:

Australian Wagyu beef varies in both cost and quality dramatically, prices start from 1,800 Baht per kilo to 6,000 kilo depending on the marble score and the particular cut (also full blood Wagyu or cross-bred), the higher the marbling the greater the cost and prime cuts such as Rib Eye, Sirloin & Fillet command higher prices, secondary cuts such as Brisket, Flank & Chuck can be purchased for less then 1000 Baht per kilo. You was in the meat industry before and your fully aware of the grading of meat and the vast array cuts available. True, if you take a 'simplistic approach' and look at an expensive super-market like Villa Market and the price per kilo offered there you might not be able to purchase an individual piece for less then we serve it but we don't buy individual pieces, we buy whole short-loins, tenderloins etc from a wholesaler not a retailer. You know me personally and should know I'm very straight forward in my business dealings,  but anyone is more then welcome anytime to come and inspect our chillers and verify the Wagyu is actually Wagyu.

I have attached some prices from one of our suppliers to verify my above statement. 

IMG_7748.PNG

IMG_7749.PNG

Yes never would question what you are selling what you say you are. But are you getting what you order from the distributors ? If they say they are selling Wagyu to you then you sell it as such and right you should.

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

2 hours ago, Soi7 said:

Yes never would question what you are selling what you say you are. But are you getting what you order from the distributors ? If they say they are selling Wagyu to you then you sell it as such and right you should.

Thank you for clarifying, all our beef is Australia and comes chilled vac packed in the companies logo'ed bespoke packing, our main supplier Jack's Creek rears the cattle, slaughters and hangs the meat all in-house before shipping to Thailand. Our  distributor has been proprietor of Choice Foods since 1972 supplying pretty every top restaurant / hotel in Bangkok for over 40 years, I confident what we order & serve is correct. I have seen 'catering grade' Beef often from N.Z & Argentina without any company logo's in generic plastic packaging, generally this is a inferior product & cheap to buy, we stay well clear of such products and should be used for hotel buffets etc. There is also 'Thai Wagyu' now which in my personal opinion is inferior to Australian Wagyu and I wouldn't sell it, my personal favourite is USDA Prime Beef which we used to offer but our Asian clientele preferred Australian Wagyu so we have to drop it from our menu although the US Embassy in Bangkok have made a big push in Thailand so it may gain in popularity again.   

http://choicefoodsthailand.com/about/history

There are issues globally with Japanese Kobe beef, very often its misrepresented on menu, I would sceptical if I saw that on the menu anywhere in the world other then a top tier restaurant. 

(I didn't have a recent photo to hand to demonstrate the packaging so I took this from our Facebook page sometime ago but it's still our main supplier) 

11179960_792068190864160_4675786022606660408_n.jpg

Edited by steak&co

Booked in for xmas and we're really looking forward to it. :)

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 2 months later...

** Promotional Low Season Rates ** We have reduced our low season room rates and extended the period those rate are available. From 1st April - 31st October 2018 Deluxe Rooms are now only 600 Baht per night, Jacuzzi Rooms & 1 Bedroom Suite now only 1,000 Baht per night. Bookings can be made at www.chinagardenpattaya.com Guests also enjoy a 10% discount in Steak & Co and Smokin' Joe's BBQ restaurants which is now open for breakfast.

IMG_8823-HDR.jpg

IMG_8831.jpg

Rates.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2018 at 10:18, steak&co said:

** Promotional Low Season Rates ** We have reduced our low season room rates and extended the period those rate are available. From 1st April - 31st October 2018 Deluxe Rooms are now only 600 Baht per night, Jacuzzi Rooms & 1 Bedroom Suite now only 1,000 Baht per night. Bookings can be made at www.chinagardenpattaya.com Guests also enjoy a 10% discount in Steak & Co and Smokin' Joe's BBQ restaurants which is now open for breakfast.

IMG_8823-HDR.jpg

IMG_8831.jpg

Rates.jpg

im looking for a room (a returning guest like always) from 26th for 6 nites  check out should be 3rd at pm (can charge  extra no problem). plz pm

Can you advise on the entrance to the rooms please. Is there a separate entrance rather than going through the restaurants? 

Thanks.

:Party1:

21 minutes ago, K... said:

Can you advise on the entrance to the rooms please. Is there a separate entrance rather than going through the restaurants? 

Thanks.

Yes - its down the side, on the right as you look at the place from the street.

I stay here each time I visit Patts and will be there again later this year.

Yes there is a separate entrance at Smokin' Joe's BBQ and you can access all 18 rooms from this entrance / exit. It's electronic key card access so very secure with CCTV etc 

IMG_8643.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

yes there is a separate entrance as said above

On 3/11/2018 at 15:17, Ohyesuare said:

How's the wifi speed in the rooms?

ist good enough. never had issues , but i dont use the net much in pattaya :D

We have just ordered a new 'Wine Emotion Quattro' dispenser, it's coming from Italy and will arrive in 3 months.  Our wine list has never been fantastic and we aim to fix that, this machine hold '8 bottles' of wine, we ordered the single temperature version as we mainly sell 'Red Wines', customers will be able to 'sample' bottles before buying, purchase 'small or large' glasses or bottled wine from a selection of 8 bottles which stay 100% fresh for up to 30 days.

We are currently clearing our old wines and will restock a new range before the machine arrives in 'June 2018'. 

otto_6-1.jpg

wineemotion_otto_-_may_chiet_ruou_vang_-_cs1.png

• 3 months later...

Our wine dispenser was installed yesterday, the red wine is chilled to 16-18 degrees (room temp in  Europe). Sample any wine from the machine free of charge 'try before you buy'. We are the only place in Pattaya to offer this, the wine is perfectly preserved once opened for up to 30 days.

New wine list now available, our house wine is bottled not boxed wine.   

White Wine 1 - June 2018.jpg

Rose Wine - June 2018.jpg

Red Wine 3 - June 2018.jpg

Red Wine 2 - June 2018.jpg

Red Wine 1 - June 2018.jpg

Champagne - June 2018.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by steak&co

6 hours ago, benny31 said:

WOW :Drunk1::Drunk_Party::)

Unusual to get that reaction from you when there’s not a photo of a toilet :D

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

18 hours ago, davidge said:

Unusual to get that reaction from you when there’s not a photo of a toilet :D

Just for you m8 :Party1::)

STCO04.thumb.jpg.a514508fced04cec98bcc5eea99088af.jpgSTCO05.thumb.jpg.23413024760f479627e74a509eacbceb.jpg

:Laugh1:

• 2 weeks later...