Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

P S Apartment - Soi Diana - Review ( Photos + Videos)

up2u2

P.S. Apartment

IMG_7830.jpg

Soi Diana

Room 203

Cost: 700 Baht per night

Total: 4200 Baht (6 nights)

Check In: Thursday 27th March 2014

Check Out: Wednesday 2nd April 2014

Total Stay: 6 Nights

Booking:  Walk in

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 038 429 683

Deposit: As it was a ‘walk in’ booking I paid 1000 baht 3 days prior.

(I just booked for September 2014 and emails were lightening fast and all booked for room 203 @ 700 baht/night. No deposit required.)

- Just a thought if you are thinking of booking mention "Mr MIck Australia" recommended PS Apartment it may keep the price down to 700 baht/night for you. If they realise you're in the know. -

Features:

Lift - 2 Balconies - Separate Shower - WiFi - Bar with BG’s - Aircon - Room Safe (?) - Fridge - Wardrobe - make up / computer desk & mirror - Soap - Daily room cleaning - Cable TV (cable channels Fox News, BBC News, Aust TV, Sport, Aljazeera  etc) - Flat Screen TV – Reception Dual Key Security Box - 24 hour Reception Security - Girl Friendly (ID Check)

Not Provided:

Jug (Kettle) - Mini Bar - Tea Coffee - Food service

Nice clean and bright room with large ensuite shower and two large balconies. Heavy light ‘block out’ curtains. Comfortable Falang friendly Queen sized bed. A handy computer desk  and well positioned Flat screen TV. A real comfortable feel about this room. Kick back relax and enjoy.

A cracker of a location right in the middle of Pattaya. LK Metro Entertainment precinct with all its Ago-Go’s and Beer Bars right at your doorstep and Soi Diana Beer Bars, Papagayo Ago-Go, Soi Buakhao, Soi Lengkee and Soi Chaiyapoon a short walking distance. Easy Access to WS via Baht Bus from Soi Buakhao and a quick MotoCye taxi (60 Baht) or Second Road Baht Bus (10 baht) to Soi 6  it really is a great location.  7-11 and Family Mart  a very short walk.

PSApartmentOver.jpg

An overview of PS Apartment in Pattaya overall. As you can see central distance from Soi 6 and WS and in the heart of Soi LK Metro precinct proper.

PS_ApartmentLK.jpg

An easy stroll to Soi LK Metro and Soi Diana Beer Bars or even up to Soi Buakhao

Booking:

I can’t tell you how impressed I was with this Thai run hotel. I rocked up looking for a room. The manager wasn’t there at the time but the other staff, although not really knowing what to do, kindly offer to show me a room. Here is where you need to be careful. The rooms they showed me, to be honest if you were a felon banged up at Her Majesties Pleasure......perfect. When I got to the reception the Manager had returned, realising the rooms the staff had shown me quickly showed me a room with a Balcony. If you are thinking of booking I suggest you only book a Balcony room. The rooms facing Beach Road have no windows and are a little run down. On ‘checking in’ the room that I booked wasn’t available so the Manager put me in the double balcony room. I am pretty sure these rooms are not 700 baht a night but she kept the price the same. No need to be concerned if you are booked on higher floors as there is a lift. Second floor no problems just pop up the stairs.

Security:

24 hour maned reception, dual key reception deposit boxes, some in room safes HOWEVER!! The old owners did not hand in the safe ‘master key’ so if your room safe malfunctions or battery runs low your goodies are gonsky. Room doors are not deadlocked, just standard door lock, all corridors have CCTV to reception desk, Girl Friendly with ID check. A little haphazard sometimes the ID taken sometimes a photocopy made. A young Thai lad was on during the evenings and he was very respectful and efficient. Room service staff did tend to leave the sliding balcony doors closed but unlocked.

Oh No:

The Aircon unit was clearly not level. Not fully diagnosed, but I have my suspicions, immediately my underlying OCD triggered. I am sure it has something to do with my Anachrophobia.  Bloody Somchai!!!! Seriously if you gave it a dust Somchai’s fingerprints would be all over this. He will be the death of me. Although, surely he has fled to the thick undergrowth of NokhornNowhere for his own safety. Now, I come from “The Land Downunder” and not many people know but the Sydney Harbour Bridge is just knocked together with some left over mine shaft girders, fencing wire and discarded coat hangers and the Sydney Opera House is just a few recycled RSJ’s, barbed wire and some shade cloth but they all tend to serve their purpose. One afternoon I am relaxing and watching my favourite comedy show “The O’Reilly Factor” on Fox, bloody hilarious stuff by the way, and I hear this ‘drip, drip, drip’ As I was watching O’Reilly I thought I had been ‘rendered’ by the CIA and ended up in Guantanamo Bay and being ‘water boarded’ but on closer inspection the Aircon unit was leaking, there is a pool of water and all the drapes are soaked. With the greatest respect Somchai you’re as useful as two left footed gumboots.

IMG_7893.jpg

I give you Exhibit A. Crooked as a dogs hind leg with packing stuff on left corner. Fairdinkum Somchai!!!

Cons:

The WiFi went down late one night and wasn’t up and going till around 3pm the following afternoon. I have a backup USB WiFi Dongle. No Jug (Kettle) I have my own travel Jug. ALL power goes off on leaving room except for the fridge so recharging batteries can be done by using the fridge power point. Took a little while for the Aircon to bring room temp down but then it was fine. No website as yet.

Wrap Up:

What surprised me most about the Thai run PS Apartment was the genuine friendliness and an eagerness to present their product, quite extraordinary. Most Thai run hotels if you ask to see a room they act like you’re out to steal their first born child. Always pleasant smiles not those “I have to smile but I’d prefer to kick you in the nuts’ smile. It was right across the board too, Bar staff, room staff and reception staff all genuinely friendly. Out of all the places I have stayed I think The Devonshire Guest House & Restaurant and PS Apartment provided exceptional Thai staff. If you asked a question or reported a problem you didn’t get that look like you had suddenly sprouted another head. I reported the leaking Aircon it was fixed before I got back to the room and even a follow up friendly enquiry from the manager ‘Why’ to check that it was working okay. Would I book at PS Apartment again. Ha Ha too late already have for my September trip. It could become a real fave.

IMG_7831.jpg

Looking down to Second Road (Mikes Mall) PS Apartment on right of photo

IMG_7880.jpg

IMG_7881.jpg

Clean bright and comfortable

IMG_7882.jpg

Wardrobe and computer desk

IMG_7883.jpg

Remember no Master Key if Room Safe will not open. Check with manager 'Why' if she has the Master Key before you use it

IMG_7884.jpg

Comfortable not too hard Queen / King size bed

IMG_7885.jpg

IMG_8006.jpg

CRIKEY!!!! where did she come from? Oh that's right I remember. Sorry about that guys.

IMG_7887.jpg

IMG_7888.jpg

IMG_7890.jpg

IMG_7891.jpg

IMG_7892.jpg

IMG_7894.jpg

Not a huge Flat screen but perfect for me to watch my favourite comedy show "The O'Reilly Factor" on Fox. Those 'Benghazi Skits' are funny shit.

IMG_7895.jpg

IMG_7896.jpg

IMG_7951.jpg

Hot water is excellent.

IMG_7933.jpg

Oh My Buddha!!!! I'd give her one!!! Oh, actually... Oh my that's a little awkward. Sorry about that viewers.

IMG_7941.jpg

IMG_7944.jpg

IMG_7946.jpg

IMG_7947.jpg

IMG_7948.jpg

Thank for the review, was the bed not made of thai concrete?

Nobody writes better reviews than Up2u2, great work again!

Yes I agree an excellent review!

I stayed here for 1 night when I arrived in Pattaya without a hotelbooking many years ago.

Unfortunately all rooms with balcony were full so they gave me a small inside room with a small window facing into the hallway.

It was quite noisy as I could hear dogs barking and motorbikes roaring by all night outside, so I checked out again next morning.

That said your room looks alright though, I like the 2 balconies which lets a lot of light in, although the fridge looks very tiny to me, I Iike to fill mine with lots of drinks, fruits and snacks, so I'd prefer a bigger one.

I also see the bathroom is small as well with the shower as you enter, I prefer a curtained off shower-area or with the shower at the end so it doesn't wet all over the floor and toiletseat.

That said it's still looks OK and it's an excellent location for SLKM and Soi Bua Khao.

Keep it up!

Plahgat

ps the first of your honeys looks very sweet!

When no money... she no give honey! 

fantastic review :hello09:

P.S. Apartment

attachicon.gifIMG_7830.jpg

Soi Diana

Room 203

Cost: 700 Baht per night

Total: 4200 Baht (6 nights)

Check In: Thursday 27th March 2014

Check Out: Wednesday 2nd April 2014

Total Stay: 6 Nights

Booking: Walk in

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 038 429 683

Deposit: As it was a ‘walk in’ booking I paid 1000 baht 3 days prior.

(I just booked for September 2014 and emails were lightening fast and all booked for room 203 @ 700 baht/night. No deposit required.)

- Just a thought if you are thinking of booking mention "Mr MIck Australia" recommended PS Apartment it may keep the price down to 700 baht/night for you. If they realise you're in the know. -

Features:

Lift - 2 Balconies - Separate Shower - WiFi - Bar with BG’s - Aircon - Room Safe (?) - Fridge - Wardrobe - make up / computer desk & mirror - Soap - Daily room cleaning - Cable TV (cable channels Fox News, BBC News, Aust TV, Sport, Aljazeera etc) - Flat Screen TV – Reception Dual Key Security Box - 24 hour Reception Security - Girl Friendly (ID Check)

Not Provided:

Jug (Kettle) - Mini Bar - Tea Coffee - Food service

Nice clean and bright room with large ensuite shower and two large balconies. Heavy light ‘block out’ curtains. Comfortable Falang friendly Queen sized bed. A handy computer desk and well positioned Flat screen TV. A real comfortable feel about this room. Kick back relax and enjoy.

A cracker of a location right in the middle of Pattaya. LK Metro Entertainment precinct with all its Ago-Go’s and Beer Bars right at your doorstep and Soi Diana Beer Bars, Papagayo Ago-Go, Soi Buakhao, Soi Lengkee and Soi Chaiyapoon a short walking distance. Easy Access to WS via Baht Bus from Soi Buakhao and a quick MotoCye taxi (60 Baht) or Second Road Baht Bus (10 baht) to Soi 6 it really is a great location. 7-11 and Family Mart a very short walk.

attachicon.gifPSApartmentOver.jpg

An overview of PS Apartment in Pattaya overall. As you can see central distance from Soi 6 and WS and in the heart of Soi LK Metro precinct proper.

attachicon.gifPS_ApartmentLK.jpg

An easy stroll to Soi LK Metro and Soi Diana Beer Bars or even up to Soi Buakhao

Booking:

I can’t tell you how impressed I was with this Thai run Hotel. I rocked up looking for a room. The manager wasn’t there at the time but the other staff, although not really knowing what to do, kindly offer to show me a room. Here is where you need to be careful. The rooms they showed me, to be honest if you were a felon banged up at Her Majesties Pleasure......perfect. When I got to the reception the Manager had returned, realising the rooms the staff had shown me quickly showed me a room with a Balcony. If you are thinking of booking I suggest you only book a Balcony room. The rooms facing Beach Road have no windows and are a little run down. On ‘checking in’ the room that I booked wasn’t available so the Manager put me in the double balcony room. I am pretty sure these rooms are not 700 baht a night but she kept the price the same. No need to be concerned if you are booked on higher floors as there is a lift. Second floor no problems just pop up the stairs.

Security:

24 hour maned reception, dual key reception deposit boxes, some in room safes HOWEVER!! The old owners did not hand in the safe ‘master key’ so if your room safe malfunctions or battery runs low your goodies are gonsky. Room doors are not deadlocked, just standard door lock, all corridors have CCTV to reception desk, Girl Friendly with ID check. A little haphazard sometimes the ID taken sometimes a photocopy made. A young Thai lad was on during the evenings and he was very respectful and efficient. Room service staff did tend to leave the sliding balcony doors closed but unlocked.

Oh No:

The Aircon unit was clearly not level. Not fully diagnosed, but I have my suspicions, immediately my underlying OCD triggered. I am sure it has something to do with my Anachrophobia. Bloody Somchai!!!! Seriously if you gave it a dust Somchai’s fingerprints would be all over this. He will be the death of me. Although, surely he has fled to the thick undergrowth of NokhornNowhere for his own safety. Now, I come from “The Land Downunder” and not many people know but the Sydney Harbour Bridge is just knocked together with some left over mine shaft girders, fencing wire and discarded coat hangers and the Sydney Opera House is just a few recycled RSJ’s, barbed wire and some shade cloth but they all tend to serve their purpose. One afternoon I am relaxing and watching my favourite comedy show “The O’Reilly Factor” on Fox, bloody hilarious stuff by the way, and I hear this ‘drip, drip, drip’ As I was watching O’Reilly I thought I had been ‘rendered’ by the CIA and ended up in Guantanamo Bay and being ‘water boarded’ but on closer inspection the Aircon unit was leaking, there is a pool of water and all the drapes are soaked. With the greatest respect Somchai you’re as useful as two left footed gumboots.

attachicon.gifIMG_7893.jpg

I give you Exhibit A. Crooked as a dogs hind leg with packing stuff on left corner. Fairdinkum Somchai!!!

Cons:

The WiFi went down late one night and wasn’t up and going till around 3pm the following afternoon. I have a backup USB WiFi Dongle. No Jug (Kettle) I have my own travel Jug. ALL power goes off on leaving room except for the fridge so recharging batteries can be done by using the fridge power point. Took a little while for the Aircon to bring room temp down but then it was fine. No website as yet.

Wrap Up:

What surprised me most about the Thai run PS Apartment was the genuine friendliness and an eagerness to present their product, quite extraordinary. Most Thai run Hotels if you ask to see a room they act like you’re out to steal their first born child. Always pleasant smiles not those “I have to smile but I’d prefer to kick you in the nuts’ smile. It was right across the board too, Bar staff, room staff and reception staff all genuinely friendly. Out of all the places I have stayed I think The Devonshire Guest House & Restaurant and PS Apartment provided exceptional Thai staff. If you asked a question or reported a problem you didn’t get that look like you had suddenly sprouted another head. I reported the leaking Aircon it was fixed before I got back to the room and even a follow up friendly enquiry from the manager ‘Why’ to check that it was working okay. Would I book at PS Apartment again. Ha Ha too late already have for my September trip. It could become a real fave.

attachicon.gifIMG_7831.jpg

Looking down to Second Road (Mikes Mall) PS Apartment on right of photo

attachicon.gifIMG_7880.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7881.jpg

Clean bright and comfortable

attachicon.gifIMG_7882.jpg

Wardrobe and computer desk

attachicon.gifIMG_7883.jpg

Remember no Master Key if Room Safe will not open. Check with manager 'Why' if she has the Master Key before you use it

attachicon.gifIMG_7884.jpg

Comfortable not too hard Queen / King size bed

attachicon.gifIMG_7885.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_8006.jpg

CRIKEY!!!! where did she come from? Oh that's right I remember. Sorry about that guys.

attachicon.gifIMG_7887.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7888.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7890.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7891.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7892.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7894.jpg

Not a huge Flat screen but perfect for me to watch my favourite comedy show "The O'Reilly Factor" on Fox. Those 'Benghazi Skits' are funny shit.

attachicon.gifIMG_7895.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7896.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7951.jpg

Hot water is excellent.

attachicon.gifIMG_7933.jpg

Oh My Buddha!!!! I'd give her one!!! Oh, actually... Oh my that's a little awkward. Sorry about that viewers.

attachicon.gifIMG_7941.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7944.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7946.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7947.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7948.jpg

Looks like a nice place, how is it compared to galaxy suites? Sry Im not that experienced thats why the question. I dont mean the location but facilities in itself

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Well written review, no doubt about that. I will however not stay there as i like to have bigger rooms and showers. Also, i would probably end up coming home late night, piss drunk, grabbing some girl too close to the apartment and will have to dodge a few bullets in the remains of my stay :GoldenSmile1:

Good review, love the area but don't think I would like to be right on Soi Diana, I have stayed at Areca 7 out of my last 8 trips but now found a guest house behind areca brand new very nice, room size doesn't bother me as much as bathroom and the shower layout and now price, Areca although price has come little three times the price of my now favourite guesthouse although already getting booked up fast.

Thank for the review, was the bed not made of thai concrete?

I know what you mean mate. Thai beds are rock hard,

All good here though. The bed was Falang friendly. Not like concrete.

Do all rooms have a balcony? Are these rooms better then Robin's Nest?

Very Affordable!!

Thank You, John Gray.....PLEASE DON'T FORGET THE PARTY OF THE YEAR!!!!! TEXXXAS THE SHOW WITH OVER TWO DOZEN XXX ADULT FILM STARS AND MORE!!!   AUGUST 17-21st IN HOUSTON, TX. @ HILTON SOUTHWEST, WHERE YOU CAN STAY WHERE THE STARS STAY!!  AND ALL THE DETAILS WILL SOON BE UP ON WWW.TEXXXAS.COM OR LOOK IN  MY MAGAZINE ONLINE WWW.HOUSTONNIGHTMOVES.COM OR YOU MAY CALL ME AT 832-563-3699! ALL PA'S RECEIVE FREE ADMISSION!!!

Good review, love the area but don't think I would like to be right on Soi Diana, I have stayed at Areca 7 out of my last 8 trips but now found a guest house behind areca brand new very nice, room size doesn't bother me as much as bathroom and the shower layout and now price, Areca although price has come little three times the price of my now favourite guesthouse although already getting booked up fast.

What is the name of Guesthouse ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Great review, very well written as usual

Thanks m8

Nobody writes better reviews than Up2u2, great work again!

Thanks Andy I have a little fun doing them. lol

Great review!

So even though this is called an "apartment" it is really a hotel (there is no kitchen)? I take it there is no pool? Great price. I will need to consider it.

Don't some of these D.H's. read the post before asking inane questions ? :SoWhat1:

Soi LK Metro and Soi Diana are noisy, esp the recent infux of agogos in Soi LK.

But the rate is very attractive. Many small hotels in Soil Buckhao and around are higher than that rate.

By chance, do they have a monthly rate? Great review. I am sure a little noisy but I can sleep

through just about anything and it is a great location and price.

Do all rooms have a balcony? Are these rooms better then Robin's Nest?

Looks every bit as good as the Nest ( where I stay ) priced a bit higher though, with my booking for next week being only 500 a night.... no lift though...

...Using the force, one bar at a time

Looks every bit as good as the Nest ( where I stay ) priced a bit higher though, with my booking for next week being only 500 a night.... no lift though...

I stayed at Robins nest last September and was satisfied with them but I was going to try something new.

Hi Up2u2. Do you by a chance know about monthly rates?

How much ?

thanx

BEER

Robins Nest quoted 900 baht for a room.

I do have the weekly monthly price.

I will check my notes but I think it was 7000 baht per month.

Let me check though.

The manager 'Why' is excellent and really replies quickly.

Lol just don't give actual dates on an inquiry because she is so keen she books you in.

EDIT: Man was I wrong:

7 Night booking 10% discount

Book 1 Month 15,000 baht

Robins Nest quoted 900 baht for a room.

I do have the weekly monthly price.

I will check my notes but I think it was 7000 baht per month.

Let me check though.

The manager 'Why' is excellent and really replies quickly.

Lol just don't give actual dates on an inquiry because she is so keen she books you in.

900 baht a night at Robins Nest? I paid 500 I think its 750 with a balcony

Why are we checking out chill out guest house?

I looked at te map but there is no marker so can't see where it is

Archived