IGNORED

Dentist@Beach

Fr. Lust

I was in serious need for teeth.  No bottom back teeth and when I lost a bridge and the teeth in the front I had absolutely no way to chew anything and have been reduced to soups, eggs and very soft meals.  After some searching on these forums, I decided to try Dentist @ Beach on the 4th floor of Central Festival Mall.  I got the 'posts' drilled in - 2 on one side, 1 on the other in the back and need to return in August for the 'crowns' to be fitted.  The work has been very good and the cost for those 3 is just about $5,000 and would have cost me $12,000 at home in Southern California.  My dentist there is Dr. Cherry. 

In my opinion it is important to post experiences about such things so that other mongers can at least have some first hand information on what Doctor/Dentist provide good service and value and which ones don't.  I would recommend this dentist but that is just based on my experience so additional feedback will probably be appreciated by others who are looking to have dental work done.

Thanks

She is very well known on this site and is mentioned in countless threads

She is aware of the website (and appreciates the positive feebback) and in my opinion along with several others (ie Mr Jack, Meow Taxi driver plus others) the humblest and nicest person you could ever meet in Thailand

She will not perform work on your teeth that is not needed and will take time to make sure her high standards are always met

Good dentist for sure but because of her location in Central Festival (high overheads) her prices are a little high-I went to Dr Warin on Pattaya Klang (google him and you,ll see many excellent recommendations) and he did 150,000 baht,s worth of treatment-Dr Cherry quoted 210,000 baht,quite a saving methinks-that was two years ago now :GoldenSmile1:

I am booked for root canal and cap at Dental Emporium on Nakluah road, opposite Honey 2 bar/// used them heaps, always good, clean and fast as well as cheap!

...Using the force, one bar at a time

Dr Cherry is very good, but the clinic did not when I was ther two years ago have the most modern equipment like digital x-rays, and the "TV monitor" that can take digital photos of your mouth to be compared over time.

She can be very busy and I was passed onto a colleague for an additional crown (she did an implant for me) and the colleague had very poor English and I could not wait to get to get away from him for fear of him doing something that I did not understand and ended up going to Studio Smile Dental and saw Dr Tapasit.  He speaks excellent English having spent many years in the USA.  The equipment there is far superior to Dentist at Beach.  The pricing is similar to Dentist at Beach.

• 3 weeks later...

OK Guys - Needing advice from the people who have had similar work done or have knowledge about it.

Back in 1996 i had my teeth all cut and crowns put in , but back those days in europe they did 2 piece for top and 2 piece for bottom as it was a cheaper option and it has served me really well getting nearly 20 years out of them. cost was roughly $2000 aud in turkey when i had it done the same work would of cost $40,000 in australia (talk about a rip off)

But since then i have discovered Thailand for other reasons lol but need to redo the caps and been advised to get each tooth done individually for good reason as being 20 years older am more likely to have problems and wont be able to deal with them if they are 2 piece jobs.

I have been to beach for cleaning etc and had asked about getting this work done last year but was quoted 8,000thb per tooth, having 28 teeth it gets expensive roughly 225,000 thb - who would you guys reccomend and what sort of price is a reasonable price

is BKK better than pattaya to get this work done for both quality and price

what ever advise i can get will me much appreciated or details of reccomended dentist that are to notch dentist

Thanks guys

December 17 2011 ....... The day Pattaya will be invaded by THE_GUN

just had root canal, cap and 3 fillings at Dental emporium on Nakluah road near soi 18... cost THB 18k.. looks good so far although still a bit of swelling a few days on... third visit there, still happy to go back for implants later in the year...

...Using the force, one bar at a time

OK Guys - Needing advice from the people who have had similar work done or have knowledge about it.

Back in 1996 i had my teeth all cut and crowns put in , but back those days in europe they did 2 piece for top and 2 piece for bottom as it was a cheaper option and it has served me really well getting nearly 20 years out of them. cost was roughly $2000 aud in turkey when i had it done the same work would of cost $40,000 in australia (talk about a rip off)

But since then i have discovered Thailand for other reasons lol but need to redo the caps and been advised to get each tooth done individually for good reason as being 20 years older am more likely to have problems and wont be able to deal with them if they are 2 piece jobs.

I have been to beach for cleaning etc and had asked about getting this work done last year but was quoted 8,000thb per tooth, having 28 teeth it gets expensive roughly 225,000 thb - who would you guys reccomend and what sort of price is a reasonable price

is BKK better than pattaya to get this work done for both quality and price

what ever advise i can get will me much appreciated or details of reccomended dentist that are to notch dentist

Thanks guys

Assume they are normal crowns not Porcelin ??

If normal that is standard price for Dr Cherry at 8,000 and Porcelin around 12,000 each

Some of the small practices around Pattaya Klang are around 6,000 but dont expect much in the way of English speaking dentists in my experience

Assume they are normal crowns not Porcelin ??

If normal that is standard price for Dr Cherry at 8,000 and Porcelin around 12,000 each

Some of the small practices around Pattaya Klang are around 6,000 but dont expect much in the way of English speaking dentists in my experience

Porcelin fused to metal

pfm01.jpg

December 17 2011 ....... The day Pattaya will be invaded by THE_GUN

"You will sorely miss your grinders when they are gone." The Knight of the Mournful Contenance

Another vote for Dr Cherry, I went to her 3rd Road clinic about 2 years ago and she's just a great person and she actually talked me out of pulling some teeth and getting implants which would have been more expensive than the 4 crowns I ended up getting.

After laser whitening, 2 fillings and 4 crowns total damage 48,000 baht, less that what 1 crown would have cost in Ozz.

The service was just amazing, I was looking forward to going to the dentist.

Link to website http://www.dentalsmilepattaya.com/?gclid=CNHIkZCfhL8CFVGVvQodLLEApA

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 2 months later...

re dentist@beach

I don't know if the owner has changed but I did not have a good experience there recently.. I went in for a clean was quoted between 500 & 1500 which I was ok with. SO booked an appointment. Now I am not scared of the dentist but don't find it the most enjoyable experience at all and just wish to get it over and done with a professtional dentist.

I had a male dentist who started the clean... he is scraping and blasting the crap away which as I said it not pleasant but a necessary evil as I had neglected my teeth so was expecting a bit of a rough ride.

when he finished the bottom row he asked me to rinse and have a little breather was I welcomed with delight .... he then starts trying to sell me a upgrade to a teeth whiting which really pissed me off as I said I am not totally comfortable sitting here and just want to get finished.. I just said no thanks then he goes on about how special deal it was ...he would through the clean in for free if I do teeth whiting ....

fuck me I am thinking,, really can we just get on with the job in hand here...this is not the time of place seriously to sell me something .

Anyway we finish and I am pleased with the results. I go to pay and fuck me its 1750baht now the girl is very apologetic obviously embarrassed by the price hike.

I see the advert for the Teeth whiting and for 3999 so think what the hell might as well seen as I am going to have to pay 1750 now anyway. I ask them to explain what is involved just one hour sit there put gel on teeth .. will get a little bit sensitive but will improve the color and  they are still a yellow shade but what do I expect after years of drinking red wine, smoking tea coffee etc.

Ok lets do it. I am invited back to the chair a gum shield is put in gel in some ultra violet light thing placed in front of my teeth..... sit back relax ........ was about 10 mins before a felt a stabbing pain shoot through one of my teeth ... I thought I had fallen a sleep and possible moved to close the light thing ok try reposition your head ... relax ... fuck me another stabbing pain which makes me literally jump .. now remember I cannot talk properly I wave my hand and try and explain what is going on.. the nurse or assist says you have  pain don't worry will come and go.. few minutes later another one fuck me this is torture.. now I am worrying about what the fuck this is doing to my teeth.. she asks if I can put up with it till the end I sort of nod and mumble will try... but the pain just gets worse and worse after 20 minutes I insist they take it out.

I just want out of there asap.. they remove it and say sorry your teeth must be sensitive I am thinking bollocks I can chew hard ice cream and ice cubes all day long with no problems.. now for the final kick in the balls they remove the gel clean me up I get up just want out of there now.. get to reception and fuck me more stabbing pain shot though my teeth I think they haven't removed the Gel properly I tell the girl she just nods and say yes pain will last 24 - 72 hours.. WTF !!!!!!! 3 f.... days of this and see give me 2 pain killers and some gel to rub on my teeth..

The pain did subside after 24 hours of brutal brushing with sesodine tooth paste something I have never had to use before. but it was a rough ride hardly any sleep , definitely no lady time and just a miserable period all round.

The aftermath is that after 3 weeks I can still not eat ice cream or hot drinks etc without some degree of pain. something that never happened to me before I just hope there is no long term damage to my teeth

So I would not recommend this dentist on the pure fact they did not give me all the facts before I started the process and left me in pain for nearly a day and a 1/2 of my holiday and have return with degraded teeth... If they had told me exactly what to expect I would never had gone through with it.

SO unfortunately I would not recommend you not go near this dentist now as they seem to be a bunch of money grabbing, upsellers with no consideration for the patient

• 3 months later...

I had a partial plate done there a couple of years ago (guy dentist who only worked on wkends) & can't say I am impressed.

Front teeth are different shape to original and colour is different.

I did break the front ones off chewing a baguette in France and was coming home via Thailand and got it sorted out at the dentist on Bukhao near lengkee. It started getting loose and actually had it redone for less in Australia.

Now I need a filling!!

Any suggestions??

Disclaimer.... yea I'm an Idiot

I had a partial plate done there a couple of years ago (guy dentist who only worked on wkends) & can't say I am impressed.

Front teeth are different shape to original and colour is different.

I did break the front ones off chewing a baguette in France and was coming home via Thailand and got it sorted out at the dentist on Bukhao near lengkee. It started getting loose and actually had it redone for less in Australia.

Now I need a filling!!

Any suggestions??

Araldite is excellent :GoldenSmile1:

Christ just had two teeth pulled out, they hurt untill a drank chinese green tea and now the pains gone.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

I appreciate your feedback and any experience. In fact, I must say that your crazy prices for health care in America, you really envy and wonder at all that you are currently treated in other countries. For these prices, I had in the Czech Republic, the entire top floor of my jaw.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

• 2 weeks later...

I just came back from Patts, and I had a very positive experience at Dentist@Beach, but if was for services NOT provided, quick explanation:

Arrived in Patts with a throbbing toothache, googling Dentists Pattaya, I ended up at OrthoSmile, Second Road and Soi 6/1, very nice practice, several doctors, clean, modern building.  I hate dentists with a passion, but seeing the cleanliness and numerous patients, mostly western, put me at ease somewhat.  After setting an appointment for early evening, I returned, met my dentist, very nice young Thai lady (sorry, forgot her name), good English, she listened to my symptoms, took an X-ray, and immediately suggested I need a root canal ASAP.  I'm really depressed at this point, I say go ahead, set up an appointment, but turns out was a busy week in Patts, all hospitals were booked for root canals, so I was given some painkillers and antibiotics and sent on my way.  Needles to say, I'm freaking out, thinking I might loose the tooth, not to mention waste my entire stay in Patts,  Drowning my sorrows on Soi 6, I was lucky enough to run into AJ, who is managing Sexy in the City, he recommended Dentist@Beach based on work he had done, so I went there the next day, again, appointment for that afternoon was made.  I emailed my X-ray to them, had a very young doctor review it with me, (again, sorry, forgot his name), but he said from what he could see, there might be other issues (loose filling, cracked tooth), and a root canal might not be necessary, or worse, cause more problems!  He saw no signs of infection, and assured me it would probably be ok to wait a couple of weeks until returning to the US.  He and a nurse spent about 15 minutes going over the X-ray with me, insisted on accepting no payment for the consultation, although I did tip her a little despite her protests.  After the visit, my tooth pain subsided, took a couple of antibiotics just incase, have had no problem since (three weeks now).

"You will sorely miss your grinders when they are gone." The Knight of the Mournful Contenance

The Knight Of The Mournful Countenance - appearing knightly at the Windmill Agogo.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for all of this information, seen the All-on-four dental implant concept on the Dentalsmile Website, if anyone has had this completed could you please shine some light on the subject/

Thanks

80 percent of dentists in Pattaya are absolute crap.

Best honest competent dentist at very good rates is Dr Warin Leekpai. DentaL Care Center Pattaya Klang

Usually has a two week waiting period for appt.

• 3 months later...

Are there other spots in Thailand that would be better for dental work than Pattaya?

Archived