IGNORED

visa on arrival

alexloft

hello i am planning on coming to Thailand with a visa on arrival 15 days i have an indian passport but i live in the UK how will i have to go about getting the visa on arrival do i get it in Bangkok airport or before i arrive in Thailand.

Also i have heard that i will need a ticket proof that i will be leaving Thailand before the 15 days will an air ticket to LAOS or Vietnam suffice as proof as i will be visiting those countries as well. 

will i be needing anything else before i travel to thailand??

also is it the same when visiting LAOS with the visa on arrival option?

When you arrive at Survanabuhmi airport in Bangkok you are issued with a stamp in your passport which allows you to stay in the Kingdom for 15 days but this is not a visa as such.  Laos is very different but you can buy a visa to go to Laos on the border for about 35 US dollars.  This is a proper visa and will last for thirty days.  Many countries are allowed 30 days when they come to Thailand but some are 15 days depending on your passport country of origin.  Because of the recent changes in the rules or more correctly the implementation of the origional rules being enforced, it may be difficult to return to Thailand if you have a short stay in Laos, this you need to check out before you leave Thailand and especially if after 12th August this year.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

ok thank you i do not plan on returning to Thailand after LAOS or Vietnam do you have any idea of what else i may need like if they check for money etc

ok thank you i do not plan on returning to Thailand after LAOS or Vietnam do you have any idea of what else i may need like if they check for money etc

No I don`t know if there is a minimum amount of money that they could check for but think there would be.  In more than thirty years of traveling to Thailand before moving here I was never asked about what money I had with me.  You may have to return to Thailand to get a flight back from either Laos or Vietnam as many flights go from BKK.  I am sure that if you have onward travel plans and a reasonable amount of money there will be no problem.  Now that martial law has been declared, check and see if your insurance is still OK.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

When you arrive at Survanabuhmi airport in Bangkok you are issued with a stamp in your passport which allows you to stay in the Kingdom for 15 days but this is not a visa as such.  Laos is very different but you can buy a visa to go to Laos on the border for about 35 US dollars.  This is a proper visa and will last for thirty days.  Many countries are allowed 30 days when they come to Thailand but some are 15 days depending on your passport country of origin.  Because of the recent changes in the rules or more correctly the implementation of the origional rules being enforced, it may be difficult to return to Thailand if you have a short stay in Laos, this you need to check out before you leave Thailand and especially if after 12th August this year.

I think you are confusing two different systems. People who are given 30 days on arrival at the airport are admitted under a visa waiver program. People who enter on this do not have visas.

Certain other nationalities (including Indians) can not use the visa waiver program. If they arrive with no visa they must apply for a visa on arrival at the airport before they arrive at immigration. After a successful application they are given a visa and they move onto immigration. I haven't used it and there are some details of what is required here.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived