Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Quick question about Mobile Data on True Move

For over a decade, I've been using the basic mobile phone for talk and text while in Thailand.

I recently bought the Moto G for $179, or ~5700 Baht, on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-Global-Unlocked-Black/dp/B00GWR36F6/

I've been using it for about two weeks in the Philippines and I pay for load (talk and SMS) and data separately.

Takes a micro-sim, but there are places to have your old SIM cut for about 30 PHP.

Question:

Is there a separate load card for Data vs. simple talk and text?

Are there short-term or monthly plans?

Or, do we simply pay as we go for everything?

Thanks in advance.

----------------------------

On a separate note, the Global GSM Moto G, Moto G LTE, and Moto E are all very good Android devices at very reasonable costs.

The Moto E will be out soon on Amazon for $129, or ~4,100 Baht.

Motorola Is Selling A Pretty Good Smartphone For Just $129

one sim deals with everything contact True for options plans and prices

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Thanks, that's what I plan to do.  There's a True Move near Tuk Com on Pattaya Klang.

You may need to change to True Move H to get any decent data speed. If you go into the True Move shop they can swap the SIM and keep your existing number if you want. You need to top up the True Move H SIMs more often than the True Move SIMS which lasted a year on one topup.

Any card can do talk and data you just need to sign up for a data plan. This is a list http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/toppings/iplay/entry/654 of the current True Move H packages, their cost and how much data / wifi you get.

Thank you for the link.

Prior to having a smartphone on Travels, I've carried my iPod Touch and often had access to WiFi.  Probably not much need for bandwidth.

I had awful trouble with True last trip, every time I went out of my room in VT6 it would drop out from the APN it had selected so I had to pick another one.  Seemed to be OK walking around central pattaya but had to re-select the APN in jomtien, and do the same when I got back to VT6.

Archived