Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

stay away from spicy club in chiang mai ?

Suiker

some very recent reviews on the net...

Spicy Bar is sleazy and very dangerous! 7 cousins together in Chiang Mai for a family reunion finished a night out in Spicy. By the end of the night 3 boys were in Emergency at Chiang Mai Hospital. All the males in the group were beaten up by so called ‘security’ on the pretence that one of the boys broke a door inside the club. Despite paying the 1000Baht for the ’damage’ to the door, the boys were trapped in headlocks and punched and kicked repeatedly and left bleeding on the street near the corner of Spicy. One of the boys spent a whole day in hospital, concussed and very bruised. The girls in the group were terrified and distressed witnessing the unjust brutality of the Spicy staff.Our whole holiday was impacted by this shocking incident. Steer clear of Spicy Bar!****A terribly, corrupt place that preys on tourists.DO NOT GO THERE.Unless you want to end up in hospital, scammed or put off going out forever.***Just because it is the only place open past 2am, it is not worth the risk.:***what are the alternative to find freelancers more earlier than 2 am ???

5bc23fbaa550c_thaibox.gif.69fcc04145d2d7dc5a09f5db98e051d2.gif

Never been in Chang Mai , but I will keep that in my mind . Thanks for the warning.

Enough girls available in the Bars and Foxy A GoGo , no need to wait until 02:00 to find a FL

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Why was the door broke in the first place?? 7 cousins ay?? Maybe being rowdy impolite rude maybe that and breaking the door caused all this no diffrent from any where in the world same same would happen

Love the footnote

...........BTW where can l find a shag !

I come to Thailand for the beaches.....How about you ???

• 4 weeks later...

Spicy is on Moon Muang if im not mistaken I was there last night just too drunk to rememeber hahaha

The OP obviously doesn't know who "runs" the place

It doesn't open...till everything else shuts......get the picture?????

• 11 months later...

Is it still that bad? How's Spicy these days? Or any alternative to Spicy?

The OP obviously doesn't know who "runs" the place

It doesn't open...till everything else shuts......get the picture?????

So who runs it?  what doe you mean by  the last comment?

• 1 month later...

I would guess he means local mafia? There's a chance these 7 cousins were acting up, not much to gain by randomly assaulting tourists and your customers

Locals call it 'Spicy-Spicy', if you just say Spicy they may not understand you.

It is a bar/club/resturant downtown all the Tuk Tuk and Motos know it..  Never had a problem there,

except figuring out who is on the program as it is a mix of college guys/girls with freelancers.

who owns it..  I don't think the mafia does..  think more about the above response and 

original post..

Yes I have found wherever I go in Thailand , be friendly , smile and respectful regardless of early or late openers never had any problems.

All that is in the past now as the small village I go only has a 7/11 open at night and they are friendly too.

I've been to spicy every time I go to Chiang Mai, never had a problem.

Not a great club by far but always a sleazy fun night.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Spicy is the poor man's Insomnia. But they are both sausage-fests. 

Very average music, women, atmosphere. 

It attracts the freelancers, backpackers, expats, ladyboys, etc. 

Is it dangerous? No. 

It's a place that makes you appreciate Pattaya even more.

I went there with some ladies I met from Switzerland, so i wasn't really shopping around. 

• 2 weeks later...

WOW...time flies...sorry have not seen this thread in a long time

I was told ...on good authority..... that the place is "owned / controlled"  by men who dress in very tight fitting clothes and often chose brown for formal occasions  :GoldenSmile1:

Archived