IGNORED

Suggest a gym!

Bek

Any recommendations on a good gym?

Specifically I'm into the cardio/treadmill kind of training, but normally also take a quick tour of the weight machines, just to see if the body still works... But I am in no way into any kind of power lifting or anything like that!

I have heard (and read) too many negative things about Tony's, so am looking for an alternative - aircon is a must!

I have a condo on Pattaya Tai, so something nearby would be preferable.

I have seen there's a few on the small street leading to Big C from Pattaya Tai - looks nice and clean, any experience with those?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would not recommend Tonys gym as his cardio machines are F***ked

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daryle

That's what I keep hearing, unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For guys that live here fair enough,but for guys who just come here on holiday surely you want a break from the old routine,closest i came to going in my hotel gym last trip was looking through the windows at guys with towels round their necks sweating like god knows what,on my hols i just want to relax,chill, and generally be a slob.

I live here part time, and in hotels the other half of my life ;-)

When I stay in a hotel, it's fine to use their equipment. The problem is when I don't stay in a hotel, I need somewhere to be just a little bit physical active.

Exercise in the room is all fine and good, but I need to go out of the room for excercise, or I will find something more interesting to do very fast ;-)

it's like a sauna in the one in soi boukao

For guys that live here fair enough,but for guys who just come here on holiday surely you want a break from the old routine,closest i came to going in my hotel gym last trip was looking through the windows at guys with towels round their necks sweating like god knows what,on my hols i just want to relax,chill, and generally be a slob.

Yes we have noticed :GoldenSmile1:

I did a little research on this (before deciding on Tony's, yes it's hot, yes it's dirty, BUT it has the best range of strength training equipment).

As you are more into cardio I've been told about a Gym @ A-One hotel (but I didn't visit it personally) that's supposed to be good. Failing that there's a gym called Fairtex that looked OK for cardio when I checked it out.

If I didn't have equipment to DL and squat, I'd just go with burpees for 30 reps that should get the blood flowing.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any Gyms near WS?

That would be an interesting idea. Have a gym on WS with a huge picture window where passers-by can see in. I'm sure there are a lot of guys who would like to show off. Maybe make it higher end and then could probably charge a healthy amount.

Silver

"A woman that deserves it all asks for nothing."

Silver's Story

Player's Handbook

Simple Test To Know If You're In Love Or Just Lust

Flaw In Relationships

Things To Know Before Marrying A Foreigner

Are there any gyms near WS?

That would be an interesting idea. Have a gym on WS with a huge picture window where passers-by can see in. I'm sure there are a lot of guys who would like to show off. Maybe make it higher end and then could probably charge a healthy amount.

Was tried and failed a few years back. Can't remember the name, it was a gym by day and nightclub by night. A shocker of a place and I was only in there once ;)

Daryle

you are probably referring to Powerstation, another one of Tony's gym.  That one was ok but all of the Tonys I checked out recently were horrible (the ones on pattaya tai, soi buakhao, etc), plus they were very expensive (220bht per day for basic).  It is very hot in Tony's, both locations. 

Another alternative but far away is Universe gym, has about 6 cardio machines, 4 in one room, 2 in another, some AC in certain areas and some fans in others.  It is also hot in there but not as hot as Tonys. 

If you are just going to do cardio to lose some weight, I would suggest just taking a walk up and down beach road for 45 minutes to an hour each day....

Was tried and failed a few years back. Can't remember the name, it was a gym by day and nightclub by night. A shocker of a place and I was only in there once ;)

That's a strange business model. I would think their main target would be guys that want to work out at night when all the girls are out to see them. Well, shows what I know. It's a good thing I'm not a business man. I'd be bankrupt. :Surrender1:

Silver

"A woman that deserves it all asks for nothing."

Silver's Story

Player's Handbook

Simple Test To Know If You're In Love Or Just Lust

Flaw In Relationships

Things To Know Before Marrying A Foreigner

If you are just going to do cardio to lose some weight, I would suggest just taking a walk up and down beach road for 45 minutes to an hour each day....

Don't need to loose weight, on

The contrary I could probably use a few kg extra. It's simply just to keep some kind of basic fitness.

I am using the "gym" in the condo for now - it's shitty equipment, but it beats paying for shitty equipment ;-)

Don't need to loose weight, on

The contrary I could probably use a few kg extra. It's simply just to keep some kind of basic fitness.

I am using the "gym" in the condo for now - it's shitty equipment, but it beats paying for shitty equipment ;-)

Did you ever consider doing some Muay Thai? It will certainly keep you in shape and is more fun than treadmills (at least for me). Most Gyms also have some basic weight equipment if you have some energy left after the regular training... :Surrender1:  

Did you ever consider doing some muay thai? It will certainly keep you in shape and is more fun than treadmills (at least for me). Most gyms also have some basic weight equipment if you have some energy left after the regular training... :Surrender1:

Yes, and would love to do more!

I had a small workout Muay Thai style, but as I have a week knee (old injury), I already know that it's not the way to go, unfortunately.

I agree that the treadmill is somewhat boring, but running about in Pattaya is just not an option for me.

I do use the lighter weight equipment as well, just to change things a bit up.

• 2 weeks later...

Gym workouts and weight loss are almost synonymous. They are even said in the same breath. Gym workout routines for weight loss can basically be divided into cardiovascular exercises and weightlifting exercises.

I gave up on Gyms after going to one and asking one of the trainers what machine I should use so I could attract the girls. His reply - ATM

You can join the Marriott fitness club on second road, expensive thou,

It is a good gym.  Not that expensive by some standards.  It's in or accessable via the Royal Garden Plaza Shopping Centre.

5,000bht/month or 38,000bht/yr

Great machines in good condition.

Free fresh fruit and vegge drinks, coffee, salad bar in the break room after a workout.

It is a good gym.  Not that expensive by some standards.  It's in or accessable via the Royal Garden Plaza Shopping Centre.

5,000bht/month or 38,000bht/yr

Great machines in good condition.

Free fresh fruit and vegge drinks, coffee, salad bar in the break room after a workout.

Good equipment and fruit etc aside, it still seems pretty expensive.

I gave up on gyms after going to one and asking one of the trainers what machine I should use so I could attract the girls. His reply - ATM

55555555 Awesome!!  :Clap:

I hear it's like a social club for expats, great pool,

The pool is included in that and if you are into yoga, tai chi, or any type of gay (not judging) cardio dance class/sessions, that is all included FOC.

I expect it is a bit of a social scene as well, been there a few times and see the same groups having fresh coffee and juice upstairs. 

I do not go there to socialize, but the gym is not normally busy the few times I have been there and I like the coffee shop on the ground level to eat at after a work out.

Archived