IGNORED

Phuket in July? (Weather & Alcohol Bans)

kyle007

Hi fellas!

We have a vocation plan to Phuket in July, between 18-31st.
But i have two major concerns; weather and bar closures (due to religion holidays)

Weather;
I know it's monsoon season in July. I've been in Pattaya in 2012 August, weather was mostly clear/cloudy, just a few shower some days.
But my concern is for island trips and sea joy. We should have a big chance make this island trips in 12 days, right? =)
If you have any July experience, i'd love to hear...

Bar closures / Alcohol Bans;
It's an important issue since we have expections about night life. I'm confused about alcohol bans in July.
Here, according to this website, almost half of our trip conflicts with Bar closures / Alcohol Bans:
http://boomboomme.com/resources/holidays/thailand/
But some other sources say it's just two days, 22-23rd July. Hmm....
------------
Can you enlighten me about these concerns, dear Phuket lovers? =)

If you are worried about the weather , then maybe look at Samui , a much smaller scene but still fun

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

i go to Phuket every year around july  march and october and don't  worry the weather is allways great in july  and so are  the  girls bar closures dont worry there  will still  be plenty of playthings to take your baht that  time of year [low season] you won't  be alone  for long check the nightclubs around bangla for the beautiful freelancers 2000 baht all night

• 3 weeks later...

i go to phuket every year around july  march and october and don't  worry the weather is allways great in july

its july 5th..i just arrived in Phuket today... raining all day and overcast 555... maybe it will get sunny again the day after i leave

its july 5th...

Methinks you may have been partying too much ... or invented time travel  :GoldenSmile1:

Methinks you may have been partying too much ... or invented time travel :GoldenSmile1:

5555 the month I meant starts with a J too!

But yeah, the weather sucks tonight....TGF and I went to some gogos and just came out to pouring rain... Has slowed for a bit to give us time to walk back to hotel, but it keeps kicking up every couple hours

5555 the month I meant starts with a J too!

Good point ... now tell me your secret so I can go back to January  :hello09:

my bday is the 20th and around that time is a monks holiday so cant drink and nothing is open.  I did find 1 place on beach road that sold beers because it was part of the hotel near pizza hut.

• 11 months later...

Archived