IGNORED

Suvarnabhumi Departures

yamabthere

I have never been to the new Airport and need some advice.

I am coming to Thailand for 3 weeks and will spend 2 quality weeks with the Thai wife. We will then go to the airport where she thinks I am going home!

But the plan is to spend a week down in Phuket (domestic flight with Nok Air)

So in the old Airport i could show her the check in for an international flight, she walks all the way around the outside wilst I pretend to check in then meet her at the other side. Then purchase the 500 bht departure ticket wave her goodbye and step through to passport control. Then after 5 min of waiting come back out and I'm free but down 500bht.

So how do I do this in the new airport.

Are domestic and International departures through the same gate?

What do you have to show to go through to passport control? Can i just walk through then come back out?

Please give this some thought as you depart los and let me know.

PS would love to have a week in pattaya but she has friends their and I would be seen. Too hot for a wig.

Edited by yamabthere

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

• 2 weeks later...

If I remember correctly it is one big terminal where both domestic and international departures are located. Nevertheless, they are both on different sides. Ï'd say goodbey to her outside if I were you. You big time butterfly :Laugh1:

If I remember correctly it is one big terminal where both domestic and international departures are located. Nevertheless, they are both on different sides. Ï'd say goodbey to her outside if I were you. You big time butterfly :)

Thanks for the info but not an option she must see me depart!

So the passport control for departures is the same or seperate?

On the web site map it looks like the same passport control for both, then you turn left for domestic right for International.

Thanks for the info but not an option she must see me depart!

So the passport control for departures is the same or seperate?

On the web site map it looks like the same passport control for both, then you turn left for domestic right for International.

Seperate exit doors mate - NO passport control for internal flghts although you will be asked for it at check-in.

I think you are fukked unless you can persuade her just not to go - my advice would be bribery i.e. send her shopping with a few thou'. That or say your flght is at some ungodly hour, so she wont want to go anyway, and just sit in the terminal and wait it out.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I two options

Tell her my flight is via Phuket then just fly straight there. She will worry that I'm staying there though :Laugh1:

or can you go through the exit for International flights, where they used to check for departure tax, without showing the boarding pass.

Then wait behind the exit without going through passport control and simply walk back out? You could do this in the old Airport but you would lose your departure tax!

All suggestions welcome. :Chokdee:

"Prior planning and preparation prevents piss poor performance"

I two options

Tell her my flight is via Phuket then just fly straight there. She will worry that I'm staying there though :Banghead2:

or can you go through the exit for International flights, where they used to check for departure tax, without showing the boarding pass.

Then wait behind the exit without going through passport control and simply walk back out? You could do this in the old Airport but you would lose your departure tax!

All suggestions welcome. :Question:

"Prior planning and preparation prevents piss poor performance"

Nr 1 is not what I would call an option 55555. You can try the second one though. I don't remember

if I had to show my boarding pas since I was pretty pissed on the way home

Good grief!

I thought I was the only bastard who did this!

My best advice is to tell her you have an ungodly departure and that you would worry about her safety having to travel alone at that time of the night.

Call her 12 hours later on the sim card from your country of origin so that she knows you are 'home'.

Works for me.

One more tip:

Pick up some extra departure/arrival cards from the airport and stick one on your passport, ruber date-stamp it yourself and, voila! Real proof of when you éntered' or 'left' the Kingdom.

*WARNING. The above statement was prepared in a factory that uses irony. It may contain irony. It cannot be guaranteed as irony free. Readers with an adverse reaction to irony or irony based products should consume a pinch of salt before reading. Readers who have are known irony-deficient should seek professional help before continuing*

'I'd like to congratulate Chris Pattaya on being the smuggest cnut ever shat into God's creation', Unknown Mango Sauce contributer.

Good grief!

I thought I was the only bastard who did this!

My best advice is to tell her you have an ungodly departure and that you would worry about her safety having to travel alone at that time of the night.

Call her 12 hours later on the sim card from your country of origin so that she knows you are 'home'.

Works for me.

One more tip:

Pick up some extra departure/arrival cards from the airport and stick one on your passport, ruber date-stamp it yourself and, voila! Real proof of when you éntered' or 'left' the Kingdom.

OK good advice, I will try the middle of night flight thing and pray she lets me see her off into a Taxi :)

Would still appreciate a first hand report on the departures process though if anyone has recently arrive back from los? :)

This might work. Tell your wife you are leaving and go to the airport like normal. Does she need to know that your flight is not international? Once you go behind the screen, does she need to stick around?

Edited by submarineman

This might work. Tell your wife you are leaving and go to the airport like normal. Does she need to know that your flight is not international? Once you go behind the screen, does she need to stick around?

She just needs to see me go behind that screen, I will only have hand baggage so can either pretend to check in for an international departure, my preferred option or actually check in for a flight to phucket?

Edited by yamabthere

Changed my mind now this looks to hard to pull off unless some ex CIA can give me advice.

I will take the Phuket trip first then meet her at the Airport as though I have just arrived in los, easy.

My only problem is the sun tan?

One more tip:

Good advice. Had a Kiwi mate & we worked together in Indonesia. He would spend a couple of days with his girlfriend in Cairns before going to NZ. While in Cairns rang his wife & said still at work & would be home tomorrow. The day he got back she went through his suitcase looking for the duty free perfume. Happened to pick up his passport & she figured out the dates. 6 months later they were divorced.

Yamabthere

I thought you must be in the CIA to be able to pull this off without profusely sweating

Happened to pick up his passport & she figured out the dates. 6 months later they were divorced.

Shit the passport how do I pull this off, don't want her to know?

• 3 months later...

2 weeks with her 1 week in Phucket. I'm all set, don't know what will happen I'll just wing it.

Await my post in September to see what happens

• 4 weeks later...
You're a bad man! :D

But a clever one ! you are starting to put ideas in my head I should have throught off this years ago

Edited by JASONTHAI

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

Changed my mind now this looks to hard to pull off unless some ex CIA can give me advice.

I will take the phuket trip first then meet her at the Airport as though I have just arrived in los, easy.

My only problem is the sun tan?

Not sure if you can get through to International Arrivals from the Domestic area.

Or you could always book yourself a cheap international return flight to a neighboring country such as Cambodia or Laos.

One night in Cambodia is not a bad idea... :P

Take care to chose a flight that leaves Bangkok after the flight she thinks you will be on... :)

Then you won't have to worry about sun tan or other tell tale :P signs....

But you will have to do something about your mobile.

I suggest you leave it somewhere, maybe her place or her car (if she has one).

Call her from a payphone in departures just before you are due to board (the flight she thinks your on) that you left your phone somewhere and that if she finds it she will have to mail the Sim card back to you (by recorded delivery) that way it will take longer to get there and you can sign for it when you get back... This gives you at least 1 week to relax... :D

If it's a Thai sim card tell her to hold it till you return...

But make sue you turn off your phone first and reset the password.

Not forgetting to clear all text messages and dodgy numbers etc.

Even go so far as to get yourself a NEW (Lucky) number (SIM) and leave that sim in the Lost phone

Edited by Thai Private Eye

Truth. Professionalism. Excellence.

I was under the same opioion as Bangkok1bob i though that domestic departed from the old airport

Fordy

That is another reason for going to Cambodia and back...

However saying that not all "Domestic Carriers" relocated back to Don Muang.

TPE II

Truth. Professionalism. Excellence.

• 1 month later...

Despite breaking up with the wife on this trip she still needed to see me go at the Airport so for anyone else who may be interested this is what I did:

You have to stay with your wife / girlfriend first the sun tan and you already being acclimatised would give it away.

I booked my ticket through Airasia. The departure hall is domestic and international together rows A to S I think but rows A-D? are just for domestic and there is a big sign above them saying domestic.

The check in desks are not protected by security like the old airport so anyone can walk up to them this means your girl can watch you check out.

There are separate departure gates for domestic and international.

You could in my opinion easily pretend to check in for an international flight, just chose a long line then send her off to one of the shops opposite for some water or something; she will do this as it will be a long wait; then while she is away just pretend that you got called forward and have checked in already. You only problem is if you have a large bag you would either need a friend to give it too or to quickly and unseend check it into the bag storage desks. You have then completed the check in now all you need is for her to wave you good bye at the departures gate.

144332-7133.jpg

The gate is only maned by a security guard they are not there to check your tickets or passport so you just walk through. Once through and I tried this, it works, you then go behind the screen and pretend you are looking for something in your bag, nobody will pay you any attention, once you feel you have given it enough time just walk back out, nobody stops you. If you are stopped or questioned just say you have forgotten something and need to go back.

144332-7134.jpg

144332-7135.jpg

Anyway I just risked it and did the domestic thing she was not really paying attention and had no reason to doubt me so check in was OK and then she asked me to walk her to the taxi so score again and then freedom.

Also I changed my online booking on the home computer to show a connection to Phuket and printed this off so if she looked in my bag that is all she would find.

Something she did check was the notes I had made on my phones calender and this was all made up dates including work meetings for the days after I was supposed to return.

Hopefully you will never find yourself in the situation if you need to lye to your girl then something is wrong with your relationship but if you do then this advice may help.

Please don't take this as a critisim, but as you broke up with her this trip, why is it any of her business what you are doing.

I understand the concept of saving face but I can not understand why it is so important for her not to know your plans. I am not being critical, simply try to understand a bit more about culture and relationships with Thai women

Please don't take this as a critisim, but as you broke up with her this trip, why is it any of her business what you are doing.

I understand the concept of saving face but I can not understand why it is so important for her not to know your plans. I am not being critical, simply try to understand a bit more about culture and relationships with Thai women

I'm not recommending that anyone does this if you are in any kind of relationship and want to deceive your other half then something is wrong. However since I started the thread I thought it only right that I provided the information I was after just in case someone else finds it useful.

The reason I didn't want her to know where I was is because she would have tried to contact me or even followed me down there if she had known. She needed a few weeks away from me and knowing I was a short trip away wouldn't have helped her or me.