Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Guesthouses as compared to hotels.

raviinc

Generally stay in a hotel and most times it Areca Lodge but this visit decided to change the scenario by booking at a small guest house in one of the soi's. Would appreciate advise from BM's as to what are advantages and disadvantages staying in a guesthouse as compared to hotels. There is no monetary issue I can afford a decent hotel but its just that I am looking for a change.

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

Pros ++Saving money on accomodation, saving money on food, saving money for drinks,location near the area you like,company with fellow mongers at the bar/restaurant at the guest house,the guests at the guesthouse or often very like you. Looking for girls/party and good conversation with people that share the common interest. 

Cons-- Quality of the bed-Noise from bar area--No swimming pool usually nut some has deals with hotels in the nearby where you can pay 100 baht for the use of swimming pool.

I guess guest houses are more suited to longer term stays, the monthly rental being a lot less but then you have to pay for the electricity & cleaning separately. Guest houses on the other hand gives you a 'your own pad' kind of a feeling maybe?

................................................................................................................

I find the only reason to stay in a hotel rather than a guesthouse is the amenities such as breakfast facilities or the pool

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

I don't like either anymore. I like staying in private condos. No one seeing me coming and going, no BS with bringing food, able to cook in the room, and I try to get one with a washer/dryer so I can do small and quick loads of laundry whenever I want. Much more relaxing!

Pros ++Saving money on accomodation, saving money on food, saving money for drinks,location near the area you like,company with fellow mongers at the bar/restaurant at the guest house,the guests at the guesthouse or often very like you. Looking for girls/party and good conversation with people that share the common interest. 

Cons-- Quality of the bed-Noise from bar area--No swimming pool usually nut some has deals with hotels in the nearby where you can pay 100 baht for the use of swimming pool.

You're right. What i Like is the company of like minded guys. I travel solo and the days I don't bar fine LT it becomes very boring in big hotels to remain n the room if it's a guest house we can at least get someone to speak to.

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

In Pattaya guesthouses are usually shophouse rooms located above a bar/restaurant. Usually no pool or elevator so if you're on 3rd or 4th floor you and your 'date' will be hiking the stairs. usually the rooms are fairly simple but some guesthouses have some pretty tricked out nice rooms.

IMO the thing that makes or breaks a stay in a guesthouse is the staff and owner, plus the people staying there.  A good guesthouse with a good hands on owner and well trained staff can make for a great stay. Also can be a great place to meet like minded people to hang out with if you're a solo traveler.   On the negative side you can get a place with a nosy staff and quests who always seem to be in your business and will make your stay there really miserable.

Personally I like the anonymity and professionalism of hotels when I'm in Pattaya. and I like to stay in a nice room too. But when I'm just traveling I like to stay at guesthouses when I can. Don't need the fancy room and they're good places to meet like minded people. 

Any recommendations FusionX.  I also would like to rent a nice but basic condo, hopefully with pool for a month at a time.  But do not want to get stuck with huge deposits and large monthly rental fees.

Suggestions?

Any recommendations FusionX. I also would like to rent a nice but basic condo, hopefully with pool for a month at a time. But do not want to get stuck with huge deposits and large monthly rental fees.<br /><br />Suggestions?

you may consider Diana Estates at soi Buakow. Www. Diana-oasis. Com

Personally I much prefer guesthouses. More homely and better value.

Last trip I stayed in a massive room in the chow soy for under 1k a night. The same type room at hotel would have cost a hell of a lot more

Personally I much prefer guesthouses. More homely and better value. <br />Last trip I stayed in a massive room in the chow soy for under 1k a night. The same type room at hotel would have cost a hell of a lot more

agreed. I have stayed at 3/4 stars hotels so far but upcoming trip I booked a guesthouse which has a big and good room with sofa and all the amenities inside less than 1k for a night. I would prefer to spend my money for girls rather than rooms.

Some Guesthouse rooms are bigger than some hotel rooms

image29.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Any recommendations FusionX.  I also would like to rent a nice but basic condo, hopefully with pool for a month at a time.  But do not want to get stuck with huge deposits and large monthly rental fees.

Suggestions?

I use Airbnb.com  - here's a link with two weeks in August as an example: https://www.airbnb.com/s/Pattaya-Chon-Buri-Thailand?checkin=08%2F07%2F2014&checkout=08%2F22%2F2014&source=bb (no affiliate link).

Now, some of these listing are Guesthouses. They got smart and started adding their listings. Most are condos.

If you go low season the guesthouses can be really cheapo. I have seen offers like 2000bht/week or 6000/month excluding the electricity. Nice rooms with A/C and restaurant downstairs.

Please feel free to have a look at our pictures and rates on our website

Cannot speak highly enough of the Boomerang guesthouse and the owners. Great place to stay, great location. and a very competitive priced bar downstairs.

I am staying there right now and enjoying every minute of my stay

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

Archived