IGNORED

www.Canterburytalescafe.Com Budget Guesthouse.

Daveo

Nope never stayed at the Shagwell Inn,I rather like Canterbury Tales ,even though I tend to lodge complaint letters after every visit to the manager there.who i must say responds rather quickly.

The recent one was about not enuff coffee powder in the coffee,which took me a whole day to write the email but I sent it off and the manager Daveo replied and gave me a free coffee.

The Color scheme is another complaint particulary the colors of the doors in the rooms etc.,the colors of the curtains dont match a proper color scheme coordination.Particulary several rooms with a blue 'loud' curtain hanging up.

I have fired off an email pointing proper colors to the manager.

That all sounds very nice,but my only problem is THE ROOM SAFE.I can not be friends with this .Will be there an alternative???Midge

Midge I understand your complaint,I also do not like the color s of the room safes ,they are electronic which is a plus ,i find them very good actually.Its just they could be colored in a colorful sticky paper rather then the standard grey,so i know where your coming from.

I had previously complained about the ones they had before that,then they changed to the electronic ones.the colors of the safes in my opinion make them ugly even though i have never mentioned this before until you brought it up.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to put red tinted glasses in all rooms from now on so everything will look sexy red.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I'm going to put red tinted glasses in all rooms from now on so everything will look sexy red.

Hopefully you will color the electronic safes.a few of us have complained of the dull color.

I do forget the name of the sticky paper,i think its called contact,its a color stick paper similar to which could be used.

i do think you should also use a different toilet paper,the current one is a little dare i say rough.

There are many excellent types of paper that you could buy ,even fragrant type ones.

Apart from these complaints the guesthouse is very well run.

Hopefully you will color the electronic safes.a few of us have complained of the dull color.

I do forget the name of the sticky paper,i think its called contact,its a color stick paper similar to which could be used.

i do think you should also use a different toilet paper,the current one is a little dare i say rough.

There are many excellent types of paper that you could buy ,even fragrant type ones.

Apart from these complaints the guesthouse is very well run.

Now I know your taking the Pish.

Cmon then actiondel4 ooo are ya.

Haaaaa ha Steve, no you've left, LOL

Just a question tho, as an Aussie I will be staying at the Shagwell Mansions for the first time (now Wombat) next month, somewhere near third road i think and am wondering if you or anybody else here has stayed there, and if so what's your opinion of the place?

I used to stay there when it was cheap,they then had a new manager who put a lamp,bed cover and picture in every room and put about 300 baht a night on all the rooms and asked for a huge deposit/bond.It was an ok place to stay but for the prices they charge now there are much better places to stay closer to civilisation.They have built up around that area in the last few years so there are bars and shops there so you can get what you need,there is a 24hr 7/11 opposite the hotel and a good laundry around the corner.

Shagwell have a very small pool unless they have built a new one,it is like a kids paddling pool,they have a bar and did have a very empty club,you can get a nice breakfast there which you can get elsewhere cheaper.I never had any problems there and found it easy to get back and forth from the hotel even though it is not on the baht bus route.4 years ago they were charging 400-50 baht a night for a standard room and now this time of year it is 650-700,they also charge you for water and electric on top of that. I would not stay there again as better to be had for less elsewhere. Good luck.

hopefully my complaints will be addressed as they were in the past.

Be clear my friend, all complaints are addressed in a proper manner, bring em on.

Yes thankyou Daveo ,you have always addressed my complaints in a prompt manner and for that I applaud you.

After staying at the Canterbury Tales guesthouse now for my 9th time there is not much to fault it for.

Having a look at my records,I noticed I have lodged around 12 complaint emails to you in the past and all of these have been addressed promptly by you and i look forward to my next visit there later this year.

I must say replies to my complaint letters from other business's have not been as prompt as yours,dare i say many others do not listen or even reply back.

dAVEO Thankyou for replying to my email about the quality of the toilet paper and im glad you are now switching to a brand name,you do listen to your customers.

Yes we are using a very worthy loo paper, the Sun newspaper, I knew it would come in useful.

Yes we are using a very worthy loo paper, the Sun newspaper, I knew it would come in useful.

Better to shit on the News of the World... Oh yeah, It's been done already!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Anyone get heart burn from spicy food or too much beer and cant find a decent antacid, I have been using the Antacil tablets, very cheap at 6 baht for 10 tabs in an out skirts Pharmacy or 10 baht for 10 tabs in town, found them very good.

Antacil.jpg

Had this email from a friend and would like to share it with you guysHello.gif

Everyone should read this and hopefully learn something

LET IT REALLY SINK IN...... THEN CHOOSE .

John is the kind of guy you love to hate.

He is always in a good mood and always has something positive to say.

When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, 'If I were any better, I would be twins!' He was a natural motivator. If an employee was having a bad day, John was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.

seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up and asked him, 'I don't get it!' 'You can't be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?' He replied, 'Each morning I wake up and say to myself, you have two choices today..

You can choose to be in a good mood or...you can choose to be in a bad mood I choose to be in a good mood.' Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or...I can choose to learn from it..

I choose to learn from it. Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or...

I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life.

'Yeah, right, it's not that easy,' I protested.'Yes, it is,' he said.

'Life is all about choices.

When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations.

You choose how people affect your mood.

You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. The bottom line:

It's your choice how you live your life.' I reflected on what he said. Soon hereafter, I left the Tower Industry to start my own business.

We lost touch, but I often thought about him when I made a choice about life instead of reacting to it. Several years later, I heard that he was involved in a serious accident, falling some 60 feet from a communications tower.

After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, he was released from the hospital with rods placed in his back. I saw him about six months after the accident. When I asked him how he was, he replied, 'If I were any better, I'd be twins...

Wanna see my scars?' I declined to see his wounds, but I did ask him what had gone through his mind as the accident took place.

'The first thing that went through my mind was the well-being of my soon-to-be born daughter,' he replied. 'Then, as I lay on the ground, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or...

I could choose to die. I chose to live.' 'Weren't you scared? Did you lose consciousness?' I asked. He continued,

'...the paramedics were great.

They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the ER and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, I read 'he's a dead man'.

I knew I needed to take action.'

'What did you do?' I asked. 'Well, there was a big burly nurse shouting questions at me,' said John.

'She asked if I was allergic to anything 'Yes, I replied.' The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled, 'Gravity'' Over their laughter, I told them, 'I am choosing to live.

Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead.' He lived, thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude...I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live fully. Attitude, after all, is everything .

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.. Each day has enough trouble of its own.' After all today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.. Each day has enough trouble of its own.' After all today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Yep....

Says it all

DIEU ET MON DROIT

Its a fair point once worked out.

A very positive attitude. It gave me something to think about.

Thanks mate.

Free today - Pay tomorrow

A very positive attitude. It gave me something to think about.

Thanks mate.

Yes makes you think, many things we take for granted.

This room available soon, please see website for details

Copy of 1 (1).jpgCopy of Trev room 1.jpgCopy of Trev room 1 (2).jpgCopy of Trev room 1 (3).jpgCopy of Trev room 1 (5).jpgCopy of Trev room 1 (41) copy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

12A available from 12th September to 7th October, this room with 4 poster bed, separate bedroom & lounge, 2 TV's 2 DVD players, large balcony, sofa & recliner, table & chairs, tea/coffee maker, microwave, large fridge, in room safe, large shower room, A/C, 2 ceiling fans.

600 baht per night & longer term deals.

12A.1.jpg12A.2.jpg12A .8.jpg12A.4.jpg12A .5.jpg12A .6.jpg12A .7.jpg12A .3.jpg

Room 8B available from 21st September, very big room with separate bedroom & lounge etc.

See website for all details.

6B AAAAAsmall.jpgIMG_07AAAd27 copy copy.jpg6A Small copy.jpg8B copy copy.jpg

Had this email from a friend and would like to share it with you guysHello.gif

Everyone should read this and hopefully learn something

LET IT REALLY SINK IN...... THEN CHOOSE .

John is the kind of guy you love to hate.

He is always in a good mood and always has something positive to say.

When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, 'If I were any better, I would be twins!' He was a natural motivator. If an employee was having a bad day, John was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.

seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up and asked him, 'I don't get it!' 'You can't be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?' He replied, 'Each morning I wake up and say to myself, you have two choices today..

You can choose to be in a good mood or...you can choose to be in a bad mood I choose to be in a good mood.' Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or...I can choose to learn from it..

I choose to learn from it. Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or...

I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life.

'Yeah, right, it's not that easy,' I protested.'Yes, it is,' he said.

'Life is all about choices.

When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations.

You choose how people affect your mood.

You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. The bottom line:

It's your choice how you live your life.' I reflected on what he said. Soon hereafter, I left the Tower Industry to start my own business.

We lost touch, but I often thought about him when I made a choice about life instead of reacting to it. Several years later, I heard that he was involved in a serious accident, falling some 60 feet from a communications tower.

After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, he was released from the hospital with rods placed in his back. I saw him about six months after the accident. When I asked him how he was, he replied, 'If I were any better, I'd be twins...

Wanna see my scars?' I declined to see his wounds, but I did ask him what had gone through his mind as the accident took place.

'The first thing that went through my mind was the well-being of my soon-to-be born daughter,' he replied. 'Then, as I lay on the ground, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or...

I could choose to die. I chose to live.' 'Weren't you scared? Did you lose consciousness?' I asked. He continued,

'...the paramedics were great.

They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the ER and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, I read 'he's a dead man'.

I knew I needed to take action.'

'What did you do?' I asked. 'Well, there was a big burly nurse shouting questions at me,' said John.

'She asked if I was allergic to anything 'Yes, I replied.' The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled, 'Gravity'' Over their laughter, I told them, 'I am choosing to live.

Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead.' He lived, thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude...I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live fully. Attitude, after all, is everything .

Fuck me Dave, Thats some Deep Shit. You will be going to the Wat next and becoming a monk for a week or two.

:NoNo3:

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Yes but makes you think doesn't it.

This room available now, has Balcony, A/C, fan, fridge, in room safe, en-suite, tea/coffee maker, recliner, TV, DVD player, use of large free DVD Library, Free WiFi, TV can be moved around to suit.

550 per night, longer term deals.Building D (2).2.jpgBuilding D (1).2.jpgBuilding D (3) .2.jpgBuilding D (4) 2.jpgBuilding D (5)2.jpgBuilding D (6).2.jpgBuilding D (7).2.jpgBuilding D.2.jpg

Archived