IGNORED

Tough New Policy for Visa Runs

Scumbag

Ok, and if tomorrow (that is, after the rules had changed), I will go to the Thai embassy and obtain freshly new triple entry tourist visa. Will I be able to use it with he land border for the re entey or I will be forced to make a visa fly (as oppsed to visa run) and fly to whatever and come back...?

By the way, even if so, still manageable imo. Tiger air and cebu pacific have excellent prices for the philipines or singapure round trip tickets.

You can move your ass to angeles for a few days and come back. 7k for the go around, not include barfines and drinks 55555

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, and if tomorrow (that is, after the rules had changed), I will go to the Thai embassy and obtain freshly new triple entry tourist visa. Will I be able to use it with he land border for the re entey or I will be forced to make a visa fly (as oppsed to visa run) and fly to whatever and come back...?

It doesn't affect people with Visas.

Will I be able to use it with he land border for the re entey or I will be forced to make a visa fly (as oppsed to visa run) and fly to whatever and come back...?

As far as I can see there are no changes if you have a visa so no problem doing a visa run.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I think without further clarification from Immigration to cover the airlines they won't let you board from 12th August without a Visa.

Or an onward/retour ticket within 30 days ...

As far as I can see there are no changes if you have a visa so no problem doing a visa run.

Change the title, else you will be answering those questions for months.

Or an onward/retour ticket within 30 days ...

Dunno - if they're not sure whether you'll be admitted, they won't take the chance on having to return you, regardless of your ticket.

Just surmising.

Change the title, else you will be answering those questions for months.

People should learn to read...:D Even with a title change it will still get asked.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

People should learn to read... :D Even with a title change it will still get asked.

"Tough New Policy for Visa Exemption Runs" 

If somebody who actually does make a visa run from Pattaya to Cambodia border (via mini-bus) in the next few days PLEASE post your experience....it would be much appreciated!

I am scheduled to do just that around the 17th, but if it looks like a "no go" (due to having 3 previous in/out visas at the same border), then I'd better book a flight to PNH or Manila.....

If somebody who actually does make a visa run from Pattaya to Cambodia border (via mini-bus) in the next few days PLEASE post your experience....it would be much appreciated!

I am scheduled to do just that around the 17th, but if it looks like a "no go" (due to having 3 previous in/out visas at the same border), then I'd better book a flight to PNH or Manila.....

If you don't hear of any experiences talk to the visa run company. They would have had experiences by then.

Wondering after August 12th how long you have to stay outside of Thailand after your last exit to be able to fly back in

to Thailand on a visa waiver again . What will be considered 'back to back' visas , 3 days , one week , one month ... ?

How many holidays are you allowed to have in Thailand in one year on visa waivers ... 3, 5, 7 ... ?

I also wonder that as well as I sometimes do leave Thailand during my holidays and take 3-7 days trips when on a 30 day stay.

I can’t imagine that they would limit the trips as long as you are within the overall rules. Some guys come and go as they work outside Thailand and have a month off every other month, so they easily have 30 days stay and 6 trips a year, probably owns an apartment too.

I know someone who works on boats and typically do 3-4 trips a year all over the world. In-between the trips he usually has a month off, but sometimes 2 or 3, he sort of works as much as he wants, anyhow he does Visa runs. He usually takes a long weekend and fly somewhere in Asia and stay away for a few days up to a week ,like a vacation. He hates those minibus rides to the border. 

A friend mentioned some time ago that he'd heard they were going to insist on 30 days between visits for visa exemptions.

As ever in TLOS we'll just have to wait to see how things play out in practice!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

A friend mentioned some time ago that he'd heard they were going to insist on 30 days between visits for visa exemptions.

As ever in TLOS we'll just have to wait to see how things play out in practice!

Lets hope its just a rumour without any connection to the truth, because 30 days would most def. fuck up peoples agenda.

I did a few visa runs to poipet last year....almost exclusively Russian but also English teachers Between jobs etc....

They were going the other direction a few months ago...giving certain nationalities longer exemptions at land borders...

I suppose its possible could change again if there's push back from Thai tourism business interets

The way I understand this is, that from August 12th if I leave overland at Nong Khai to get a tourist visa from Vientiane, and there is some unexpected problem, I won't then be able to turn around and come back in with a 30 day stamp. Leaving me trapped and unable to collect any belongings from my condo in Pattaya.

Get 60 day tourist visa, extent it in Thailand for 30 days, then do a border run to Laos  and get another 30 days.  If they don't give you 30 days at the border go to the Thai embassy  and get another 60 tourist visa.  There is no restrictions on how many back to back tourist visa's you can get in a year.

The way I understand this is, that from August 12th if I leave overland at Nong Khai to get a tourist visa from Vientiane, and there is some unexpected problem, I won't then be able to turn around and come back in with a 30 day stamp. Leaving me trapped and unable to collect any belongings from my condo in Pattaya.

Will you be leaving Thailand on a tourist visa or a visa exemption?

The official rules from the Thai Consulate in Cardiff for 30 day visa exemptions are:

TOURIST VISA EXEMPTION

UK passport holders are not required to obtain a visa if they are entering Thailand by air, for tourism purposes only and with a maximum stay not exceeding 30 days, however onward travel or return tickets must be produced at immigration when arriving in Thailand as proof of exiting the country within the permitted timescale.

Entry in to Thailand from a neighbouring country (overland border) for tourism purposes only are permitted a maximum stay of 15 days without a visa, however onward travel or return tickets must be produced at the immigration checkpoints as proof of exiting the country within the permitted timescale.

Please note that tourists under the visa exemption category who would like to leave and re-enter Thailand may only stay for a cumulative duration of a maximum 90 days within a 6 month period of the first entry

*Passport holders from countries other than the UK please contact our office for further information on your tourist visa exemption rules

So you are not meant to be in Thailand for more than 90 days IN TOTAL during the 6 months from when you first enter.

If they now enforce this then everyone who wants to stay longer will have to go to a Thai Consulate or Embassy to get a a Tourist Visa.

The current rules and costs in the UK are:

TOURIST VISA

This visa is for passport holders entering Thailand for tourism purposes only with a stay exceeding 30 days. There are 3 types of visa's in this category which are listed below

Single Entry Tourist Visa - This visa allows one entry into Thailand with a maximum stay of 60 days (Entry must be made in to Thailand within 90 days of the visa be issued)

Double Entry Tourist Visa - This visa allows two entries into Thailand with a maximum stay of 60 days each entry (both entries must be made into Thailand within 180 days of the visa being issued)

Triple Entry Tourist Visa - This visa allows three entries into Thailand with a maximum stay of 60 days each entry (All 3 entries into Thailand must be made within 180 days of the visa being issued)

Please note a further 30 day extension of stay is possible on each entry by application to the immigration authorities in Thailand and upon payment of the current fee. (please contact the local immigration in Thailand for confirmation of this fee)

Visa Fees

Single Entry - £25

Double Entry - £50

Triple Entry - £75

So you can get a triple entry visa, pop over the border every 60 days and go to a Consulate/Embassy every 6 months for a new one. Or pay the fee for extension and stay 90 days a time.

I think I've understood it??

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Get 60 day tourist visa, extent it in Thailand for 30 days, then do a border run to Laos  and get another 30 days.  If they don't give you 30 days at the border go to the Thai embassy  and get another 60 tourist visa.  

There is no restrictions on how many back to back tourist visa's you can get in a year.

The rules might have been changed but i got a nice red stamp in my passport last year

telling me not to apply for a tourist visa in Vientiane no more after 3 back to back ones .

TOURIST VISA

This visa is for passport holders entering Thailand for tourism purposes only with a stay exceeding 30 days. There are 3 types of visa's in this category which are listed below

Single Entry Tourist Visa - This visa allows one entry into Thailand with a maximum stay of 60 days (Entry must be made in to Thailand within 90 days of the visa be issued)

Double Entry Tourist Visa - This visa allows two entries into Thailand with a maximum stay of 60 days each entry (both entries must be made into Thailand within 180 days of the visa being issued)

Triple Entry Tourist Visa - This visa allows three entries into Thailand with a maximum stay of 60 days each entry (All 3 entries into Thailand must be made within 180 days of the visa being issued)

Keep in mind that most embassies in the neighbouring countries won't hand out a triple entry .

The official rules from the Thai Consulate in Cardiff for 30 day visa exemptions are:

TOURIST VISA EXEMPTION

UK passport holders are not required to obtain a visa if they are entering Thailand by air, for tourism purposes only and with a maximum stay not exceeding 30 days, however onward travel or return tickets must be produced at immigration when arriving in Thailand as proof of exiting the country within the permitted timescale.

Entry in to Thailand from a neighbouring country (overland border) for tourism purposes only are permitted a maximum stay of 15 days without a visa, however onward travel or return tickets must be produced at the immigration checkpoints as proof of exiting the country within the permitted timescale.

Someone needs to tell those folk in Cardiff ....  :7of10Score:

Sorry guys but I really cant see what the issue is - just get a multiple entry visa before you travel to LOS - they are not THAT expensive.

All the"Ah but what ifs"  and the "Maybe if I"s are eliminated by doing something so utterly simple.

The Thais want to crack down on foreign criminals, vagabonds and illegal workers not genuine tourists, legitimate workers with a work permit or people on a retirement visa.

The language school study visa used by many to obfuscate the legal requirements live in LOS, mostly to stop people staying and illegally working rather than actually studying. has been clamped down on so why not this ?

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Will you be leaving Thailand on a tourist visa or a visa exemption?

Need to exit the country by the 16th, on visa exemption (US Passport). Have already done three back to back trips this way (and each time the mini-bus was full--mostly Russians), and always received 30 day stamps each time.

I can ask the local visa-run company I use, but If they are wrong I would be "stuck" at the border (in the middle of nowhere), with all my belongings still in Pattaya.

Probably not worth the risk...better go to PNH or MNL and apply for the 60 day Tourist Visa....UNLESS somebody actually has direct experience otherwise.

Based on the full-ness of those mini-buses (which run every day to the same border), they will lose a LOT of $$$ and I don't see them easily compensating with another income source....

The masses are panicking and grumbling.

It is never good to keep man away from his pussy.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Guess its the end for Visa Runners living here on back to back 30 day visa exempt entries. Find another country or use Tourist Visas I guess ??

What was slightly more concerning was the verbals coming out of Immigration whereby they catch people renewing Visas without leaving the Country. 3-6 months mandatory jail time would not go down well and I know a couple that do via Lawyers etc.

Archived