IGNORED

1 way ticket problem for Visa?

Collegekid2k

Kinda an odd question but I am wondering I know I'm going to stay for 6 months to 1 year, but I won't be getting my NI Education Visa until AFTER I get into Thailand and check out a school.

I was going to buy a 1 way ticket into BKK, will I get hassled by Passport Control for not having a Round Trip?

As said coming into Thailand won't be a problem.

The problem can come from trying to board the airplane coming to Thailand.

This will be more strict depending on which country.

Australia is probably the most strict. 

As said coming into Thailand won't be a problem.

The problem can come from trying to board the airplane coming to Thailand.

This will be more strict depending on which country.

Australia is probably the most strict. 

And certainly not helped by idiots buying one way tickets to Middle east countries. Airasia has flights to PP for 45 dollars so I migght buy one. Might be an excuse to actually go there for a few days again.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Singapore and Thai airlines refuse to let me board in Brisbane if I cannot show them an ongoing/return ticket. Has been the case for everyone of my trips. Never been checked or asked by immigration. There isn't any way that I can see Immigration would know if someone did or didn't have an ongoing ticket.

My friend had an issue with Emirates, no onward ticket or return they wouldn't allow him. He simply showed a fake itenary and they let him go. I myself just got back from Philippines with a one way ticket and wasn't questioned. I doubt Thailand will be where I will retire, the visas on top of the language barrier just isn't worth it. Thinking I will retire on the islands somewhere away from the west.

Posted wit my Note 3

Falling in love, everyday :)

Archived