IGNORED

1 way ticket problem for Visa?

Collegekid2k

Kinda an odd question but I am wondering I know I'm going to stay for 6 months to 1 year, but I won't be getting my NI Education Visa until AFTER I get into Thailand and check out a school.

I was going to buy a 1 way ticket into BKK, will I get hassled by Passport Control for not having a Round Trip?

Falling in love, everyday :)

You might get hassled by your airline when you check in but you wont get hassled by Thai immigration.

I was going to buy a 1 way ticket into BKK, will I get hassled by Passport Control for not having a Round Trip?

so far after multiple entries i have never been hassled by anyone for just having an inbound ticket.

Have always come into Thailand on a single one way ticket (maybe more than 15 times) and have never been questioned or stopped by immigration.

I always book tickets online but was told by an Australian travel agent that they are not allowed to sell one way tickets into Thailand.

Apparently if you are stopped by immigration you can be refused entry.

The airline gets fined 10,000 AUD and then the travel agent gets in the shit.

Have never heard of anyone having this problem but would be interested in other board members experiences.

The only one that can give you trouble is the airline flying you into Thailand .

If you're worried buy a cheap one way Air Asia ticket to PP for under 2k Bht .

Get a tourist visa or buy a cheap throw away ticket from Air Asia.  You are the Airlines responsibility, I don't know about being fined, but they will have fly you home.

My first trip was via Budapest - Netherlands- BKK and I bought a cheap Air Asia from BKK to Vietnam to avoid this problem and I was never asked about it by China Airlines.

The next time I flew direct from London Heathrow on Thai Airways and got a load of shit at check in about this. I told her that I was traveling to Laos and wouldn't be staying in Thailand and she let it slide, but I can see it being a potential problem if the check in girl is having a bad day and they tell you to go and buy a ticket.

i had a triple entry tourist visa and i still had to show them my flight to leave Thailand before they would allow me to check in

i told them i had a visa and said yes but you still have to leave when its over...

i had a cheap flight to cambodia

Will you have a tourist visa before you arrive? If so you should have no issues. If you don't then you may have problems. If you do have problems it will most likely be with the airline for reasons already stated. Basically for a non-visa 30 day entry you must have an exit ticket. Thai immigration rarely check (if at all) but some airlines play it safe. Safest bet is to get a tourist visa before you arrive.

Moving this to the visa forum.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Assuming you have some credit card float, just buy a fully refundable ticket from BKK to some other country. Once you're through Thai immigration simply claim the refund and have it credited back to your credit card. As long as the purchase and refund are in the same credit card monthly cycle it's a complete wash.

Have always come into Thailand on a single one way ticket (maybe more than 15 times) and have never been questioned or stopped by immigration.

I always book tickets online but was told by an Australian travel agent that they are not allowed to sell one way tickets into Thailand.

Have never heard of anyone having this problem but would be interested in other board members experiences.

I've booked one way in with Qantas and had flight back with Singapore, Qantas would not give boarding pass until I showed them itinerary where I leave Thailand. 

post-128961-0-99965000-1382358012.jpg

this is why I go to Thailand, these lovely creatures are all just too much woman for me.

As others have said immigration don't care but the check-in agents of whichever airline you fly on may well do if you are flying in from a western country.

Either book a cheap ticket to KL on AirAsia or fake an onward ticket in photoshop; I've done this quite a few times and they don't check, best to make it on a different airline to the one you're flying with though just in case they do.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

As others have said immigration don't care but the check-in agents of whichever airline you fly on may well do if you are flying in from a western country.

Either book a cheap ticket to KL on AirAsia or fake an onward ticket in photoshop; I've done this quite a few times and they don't check, best to make it on a different airline to the one you're flying with though just in case they do.

This is also true for some neighbouring countries as well.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Travelled twice on a one way ticket and never had any issues. The airline bringing me there did ask me what were my plans once my visa expired and I just said renew it or travel to a few more countries. They didn't seem to care. Thai Immigration just did the usual, entered details into the computer, stamped my passport and away I went. Not a word spoken between us. Don't fear anything.

Thai Consulates ask for roundtrip itineraries here in US to process 60 day Tourist Visas. I wonder if they will allow one way to BKK and an onward ticket out of country to bordering country before the 60 days are up?

The only one that can give you trouble is the airline flying you into Thailand .

If you're worried buy a cheap one way Air Asia ticket to PP for under 2k Bht .

Why waste 2,000 baht on a useless one way ticket.

I was denied boarding once with Delta because of no onward ticket and bought a full fare refundable ticket right then and there to SGN for  about $300.

The next day in LOS I canceled the ticket and my account was credited within hours.

In a few occasion have I made my own onward ticket and never had a problem.

Info:  http://boomboomme.com/boards/projects/flight_confirmation/

Never been bothered by passport control.

I last entered Thailand on a one way ticket from Singapore, on Cathay, and was questioned at check in. Now I did have a ticket out of Bangkok a few days later but hadn't printed it. Fortunately I must have an honest face as she just took my word for it.

This flight was the last of three one way journeys round the area. Qatar Airways Bangkok to Hanoi wouldn't check me in without seeing an onward flight and a visa or VOA preapproval letter. Hanoi to Singapore, on Singapore, no questions asked.

It is a lottery some ask some don't, some want to see a ticket some don't.

You might get better info if you knew which airline and from which airport you might fly then someone with up to date experience on that specific route could help you. Other than that the answer is definitely maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe if you have a retirement visa one way is ok,but if you get denied it will be by your home airport,I have a friend that almost got turned down st San Francisco as he had a round trip starting in Thailand it got sorted a he made it back.but he had a retirement visa .Korean has a ticket good for one year out and when I didn't return they refunded some cash.

The first 2 years I had a 60 Day Visa for entering Thailand. I ask the Consulate here in Vancouver if I need a return ticket and was told no.

I ask her if she was sure and she smiled and said yes all you need is to have the means to purchase a return ticket. I said i have a Credit card  …she said thats fine.

Last Time i entered on a 30 day on arrival ticket as i went on a cruise for a Month and then reentered Thailand again on a 30 day Visa on arrival.

Never had a problem with immigration but Hong Kong Air ask me for a return ticket. I had one at that time .

I've only had a problem with this once and that was on Ethiopian Airlines flying from ADD to BKK.  Checkin in at ADD refused to give me a ticket.  Told them I had an onward ticket from BKK but left it in BKK with a friend because I didn't want to lose it in Ethiopia (was a paper ticket, not an e-ticket).  Was only allowed on after signing a pledge that I had an onward ticket and that Ethiopian Air would not take responsibility.  Found out later that Ethiopian Air had been hit with a lot of fines from Thai immigration because of the large number of West Africans arriving on ET without onward tickets.

You can either buy a refundable ticket in advance or buy a ticket on the spot at check in if they give you problems.  I haven't heard of anybody being denied outright and not offered these alternatives to meet the requirement.  Never had a problem with Thai immigration on this issue but the do have the right to request an onward ticket and could deny entry, in practice this never seems to happen.

I haven't heard of anybody being denied outright and not offered these alternatives to meet the requirement. 

I have .... Me.

And that was as a diamond elite status member on that airline.

I have .... Me.

And that was as a diamond elite status member on that airline.

They didn't offer you the option of purchasing a full fare ticket on their airline to leave Thailand?  That's strange; even more unusual if you were an elite member with Ethiopian Air.  I was told by Ethiopian that option would be a last resort if we they were not able to find another alternative (which they did).

Thai Consulates ask for roundtrip itineraries here in US to process 60 day Tourist Visas.

Not all of them. The consulate closest to me only wants flight details for a multiple entry tourist visa. None is required for a single entry tourist visa.

• 3 months later...

so far after multiple entries i have never been hassled by anyone for just having an inbound ticket.

Had the same problem years ago with a air line from Sri Lanka had  a visa but still would not sell me the ticket in the end had to use thai airways but it cost a lot more

they said the same thing to many people from sri lanka running of and the got fined loads

i had a triple entry tourist visa and i still had to show them my flight to leave Thailand before they would allow me to check in

i told them i had a visa and said yes but you still have to leave when its over...

what air line and country was this ?

Archived