IGNORED

Train travel in Asia (worldwide)

georgeblown

Hello for anyone wanting to travel on a train weather it be around Bangkok or anywhere in Asia or

the world for that matter,check out the following site.

www.seat61.com

Scroll down the page and click on what county you are intrested in and the information on

routes is unbeleivable. It gives you prices websites to book tickets through maps,pictures,

and even tells you how to book the tickets etc.

It really is a site to add to your favorites if you use trains on your travels.

I used it to travel from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur, and you can even print your tickets

out online.

Some pics of trip

DSCI0060.JPGDSCI0064.JPGDSCI0065.JPGDSCI0113.JPG

i've done a the train from bangkok to ayutthaya and then bangkok to Phuket

i would like to do the bangkok to Kanchanaburi ( bridge on the river kwai )

the one from bangkok to Phuket was a really good ride plenty to see.

i've done a the train from bangkok to ayutthaya and then bangkok to phuket

the one from bangkok to phuket was a really good ride plenty to see.

Is there a railway line to Phuket?  

Is there a railway line to Phuket?  

just drops short and at the last station there's coaches and buses heading to Phuket every hour.. 

just drops short and at the last station there's coaches and buses heading to phuket every hour.. 

Which station?  I would have thought that Surat Thani is as close as you can get on the main line ... but it's around another 200km from there to Phuket.

Anyone planning a trip(s) around Thailand by train should download Dave Bernstein's excellent guide.  It's a large .pdf document, so give it time to load.

Which station?  I would have thought that Surat Thani is as close as you can get on the main line ... but it's around another 200km from there to Phuket.

yes i can't remember how many km but we stopped after an hour had a cigg and then i fell asleep and woke up in Phuket and flow back to bkk

• 2 weeks later...

A hell of a trip would be to travel over-land from Europe to Pattaya using trains as much as possible. You can get as far as HCMC by rail before having to use other methods.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived