IGNORED

How Often Do You Really Need to Shower?

QuotaMan

https://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/often-really-shower-144500714.html

If you don't shower much - but generally keep that information to yourself because of the negative stigma - you're not alone. Following hot on the heels of the no-shampooing hair care revolution, some folks are taking the logical next step: If no or reduced shampooing results in healthier, shinier hair, what about skipping soaping up the body?

Unlike the modified hair-washing schedule, which tends to elicit commentary about shampoos and parabens, conditioners and hair-drying time, skipping showers altogether seems to bring up plenty of other opinions on the subject. Many people who do shower every day think that not doing so is inherently wrong and unhealthy. It's assumed that people who don't shower on the regular are stinky and/or greasy and maybe even visibly dirty - and it certainly can't be good for you.

But considering that it has really only been the last 100 years or so that people have bathed more than once a week (Saturday night baths were the norm for most of American history), daily showering is actually not objectively healthier or better; and in fact, one of the most common reasons that people cut down on showering is actually for skin-health reasons, not laziness. As far as being actually physically dirty, most of us who don't work outside or aren't otherwise involved in daily work where we might get covered in dust, dirt or grease probably don't get any real dirt on anything other than our faces and hands most weeks. 

What's behind the links between health and less showering? People with skin issues have long noted that forgoing daily showers can help with eczema, and plenty of others think that it is actually healthier overall, for similar reasons that not washing one's hair can make for shinier, less-frizzy hair. The natural body oils that lubricate and protect the skin get washed away by warm (and especially hot) showers paired with soaps that strip the skin. Without those oils, the skin is more vulnerable to bacteria and viruses, and can also look and feel dry and uncomfortable. Because the body wants to keep the skin in healthy, protected shape, frequent washing can even encourage the body to overproduce oil, leading to a viscious cycle of cleansing and oil production. Many people have found that when they stop washing hair and skin as often, after an adjustment period, the body naturally decreases the amount of oil it produces and less washing is needed.

Of course, how often you shower depends on your level of activity, how healthy you are (if you work out often and eat healthfully, you naturally produce less body odor) and what you do for a living. And, I would add to that list: It depends on the season too.

Confession: I only shower three times a week, and I wash my hair on one of those occasions - but that's just because it's winter. In the summer, I shower every day, but most of those are just rinses in lukewarm water, sans soap so I don't dry out my skin. The drier, colder air of winter saps my skin of moisture, and since I use only natural products, keep active, and don't eat much processed food (and it's cold), I have almost no body odor. You can also shower briefly, as I do, and lather up only the areas that need it on a daily basis (we all know what those are), protecting most of your good skin oils from being washed off, while still enjoying a couple minutes of shower time. You can also wash with oils, which is a popular and growing treatment for dry skin. I do this too and have noticed that since I started washing with organic coconut oil (yes, oils will clean, check out the site dedicated to oil cleansing for an explanation), I feel refreshed, moisturized and smelling great - I add a couple drops of sweet orange or rosemary oil as I love scent.

But there's one area of the body you should never skip washing multiple times a day: your hands. As John Oxford, professor of Virology at Queen Mary's School of Medicine and Dentistry told the Daily Mail, "As long as people wash their hands often enough and pay attention to the area of the body below the belt, showering or bathing every other day would do no harm. Even twice a week would not be a problem if people used a bidet daily as most infectious bugs hang around our lower halves."

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

where is walter?!?!?

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Some people should shower once every couple of hours...:P

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

where is walter?!?!?

Just what I was thinking. Ha Ha ;)

where is walter?!?!?

Yep, saw the thread title and thought Walter is back.

I didn't read the spiel but showering before boom boom is often enough in Pattaya otherwise once a day for me at home. 

Twice (morning & Night ) , another two if go short time , shower before and after the session .

Right now Pattaya is hotter than Satan's scrotum.

3 to 5 times a day.

Btw sometimes you can smell a falang coming 10 metres before you actually see him.

I don't know how much folks "need" to shower, but typically for me it is a quickie mooring and evening, wherever I am.

In Thailand I may have another shower or two during the day, depending on how hot it is, and what i am doing. Shower frequently enough, using unperformed plain soap, and you don't need to bother with stinky, sticky deodorants.

In pattaya i usually have  five or more showers a day cause you always have two when you do short time on Soi 6 i usually have two- four in my hotel depending if i go to the gym that day or bring a girl or two back. Showers are free and its always good to be clean esp for the girls who might have had some smelly pricks before me. Hopefully makes there job a bit more pleasent. I usually put nice aftershace and lynx on. I can tell you workers/strippers here and in Australia have always commented on the nice smell. poor girls probably get some real stinkers!

I sweat buckets in the heat so I try to show a few times day you do not want the girls to smell you stinking of sweat .

Iff your a pom then once a week 555

Yet' again.... A dumb post by a Aussie... :SoWhat1:  :Finger5:

We British shower every year. . with out fail... and some times' on  birthdays. For luck...

When my balls get sweaty and sweat drips down my ass crack aka swass it's time to shower!

Walter ain't dead yet!

In Patts at least twice a day - morning and before bed. If I'm going out in the evening then another show before going out, so 2 or 3 times a day always. But just showing is not enough, also need to use an under-arm deodorant.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Have a shower each time I come into the condo. I drive a bike and can feel the dust when I return home. Deodorant should go without saying but a lot of smelly falangs around who don't use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daryle

When my crotch smells like Laab Moo, it is time for a scrub!

Have a shower each time I come into the condo. I drive a bike and can feel the dust when I return home. Deodorant should go without saying but a lot of smelly falangs around who don't use.

Slight aside - watch out in the pharmacies etc. The majority of deodorants here are just that i.e. they are not anti-perspirants. Check the label carefully as you really do need anti-perspirants here not just something to cover up the whiff.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Slight aside - watch out in the pharmacies etc. The majority of deodorants here are just that i.e. they are not anti-perspirants. Check the label carefully as you really do need anti-perspirants here not just something to cover up the whiff.

I was told by a nurse that anti-perspirants are bad for you. As they prohibit the skin from breathing.

Daryle

Archived