IGNORED

Anyone stayed Tycoon Place

Caress

As the title says has any member stayed at this place or sister hotel Tycoon Suites ?

Would be grateful for any input anyone has ?

Thanks

I stayed there for a few months back in April 2011.  It was OK.  I never did go in the swimming pool.  It was about 10,000 baht a month.  There was no Kitchenette,  i had no problems bringing girls back to my room.  I used their laundry.  I did not eat at their restaurant though.  I switched side of the building after a month because when the Sun came up, it woke me up.  Once I switched sides and moved higher, it was OK (quieter too).

I moved into a little more expensive place (View Talay 2B) in Jomtien after that.  A year later, I moved again, to a cheaper place on Pratumnak Hill.  Now I only pay 8,000 a month but with the electric bill, it usually comes to under 10,000 baht a month. 

I stayed there for a few months back in April 2011.  It was OK.  I never did go in the swimming pool.  It was about 10,000 baht a month.  There was no Kitchenette,  i had no problems bringing girls back to my room.  I used their laundry.  I did not eat at their restaurant though.  I switched side of the building after a month because when the Sun came up, it woke me up.  Once I switched sides and moved higher, it was OK (quieter too).

I moved into a little more expensive place (View Talay 2B) in Jomtien after that.  A year later, I moved again, to a cheaper place on Pratumnak Hill.  Now I only pay 8,000 a month but with the electric bill, it usually comes to under 10,000 baht a month. 

ok thanks

it's very good for what you pay, but if you haven't a motorbike I think that nearby Diamond City Place is better.

The monthly rate is very similar, room size also, but Diamond city place is directly on Pattaya Tai, to get to Tycoon you have 100 mt. on a dark road where at night there are too many dogs around,

Anyway I've stayed at both and can speak only good about my staying in both hotels.

The plus for Tycoon is a little but fair swimming pool, also well kept, at Diamond the swimming pool is the worst I've ever seen.

it's very good for what you pay, but if you haven't a motorbike I think that nearby Diamond City Place is better.

The monthly rate is very similar, room size also, but Diamond city place is directly on Pattaya Tai, to get to Tycoon you have 100 mt. on a dark road where at night there are too many dogs around,

Anyway I've stayed at both and can speak only good about my staying in both hotels.

The plus for Tycoon is a little but fair swimming pool, also well kept, at Diamond the swimming pool is the worst I've ever seen.

Damn are the dogs that much of a problem ??   I utterly hate all dogs being honest !!

I am booked at the Diamoncityplace from Jul 01 to Aug 29, it's my hotel of choice, time after time.

I have used Tycoon Place in the past and it was OK, except for that little walk along the dark alley, no dog problems.

Tycoon Suites are more expensive but are closer to Pattaya Tai.

I like the small Diamond pool, usually always alone there, and it's a cool place to read.

Neither are exactly close to the attraction areas, which is a plus or minus, depending on your viewpoint.

I am booked at the Diamoncityplace from Jul 01 to Aug 29, it's my hotel of choice, time after time.

I have used Tycoon Place in the past and it was OK, except for that little walk along the dark alley, no dog problems.

Tycoon Suites are more expensive but are closer to Pattaya Tai.

I like the small Diamond pool, usually always alone there, and it's a cool place to read.

Neither are exactly close to the attraction areas, which is a plus or minus, depending on your viewpoint.

How much is Diamond City then please ??  Per month ??

I have stayed at the Tycoon Place three times.  I think it is a great value and not found by many becuase it is not listed on Agoda.  The Tycoon Suites (same owner building next door) are newer but the value is not there for what you get from what I have heard.   The pool is small but very nice with a good amount of sun and shade in that area.  The AC in the rooms are cool (although I wash the filters on the AC when I arrive).  I will attach a link to a video I took a couple years ago.  Nice balcony, elevator, front desk is staffed 24hrs, rooms are cleaned daily, fridge, TV, King sized bed, no joiner fees, free wired internet (no wifi), plenty of water pressure, plenty of parking for a car or a motorbike.  No one can get to the stairs or elevator unless they check in at the desk first so there will be no unwelcome visits from a love struck bird knocking at your door.  The rooms are very quiet and when you open the door to your balcony all you hear are the birds.  Its only about 1000ft off South Pattaya Rd.  The rates are very fair by the month.  The next time I go I am sure I will stay there again.  I always stay in a basic room that has no kitchen on the third or fourth floor.  Electric and water are charged seperately.  I plug my power strip into the fridge outlet because I heard those are on seperate electric from the meter for the room since they run 24/7.

Negatives that I have heard of the Suites that the Tycoon Place does not have

-rooms not cleaned but twice a week

-problems getting sheets and towels changed

-only Thai TV stations

Here is the link to a video of the room I stayed in

http://youtu.be/qXLCdcRmmW8

Good luck on finding the best hotel for you.

i have emailed this place about getting amonthly rate and room and they told me they offer a room with a kithen and micro. im wondering if anyone has stayed in that room and if its lagit

I have stayed at the Tycoon Place three times.  I think it is a great value and not found by many becuase it is not listed on Agoda.  The Tycoon Suites (same owner building next door) are newer but the value is not there for what you get from what I have heard.   The pool is small but very nice with a good amount of sun and shade in that area.  The AC in the rooms are cool (although I wash the filters on the AC when I arrive).  I will attach a link to a video I took a couple years ago.  Nice balcony, elevator, front desk is staffed 24hrs, rooms are cleaned daily, fridge, TV, King sized bed, no joiner fees, free wired internet (no wifi), plenty of water pressure, plenty of parking for a car or a motorbike.  No one can get to the stairs or elevator unless they check in at the desk first so there will be no unwelcome visits from a love struck bird knocking at your door.  The rooms are very quiet and when you open the door to your balcony all you hear are the birds.  Its only about 1000ft off South Pattaya Rd.  The rates are very fair by the month.  The next time I go I am sure I will stay there again.  I always stay in a basic room that has no kitchen on the third or fourth floor.  Electric and water are charged seperately.  I plug my power strip into the fridge outlet because I heard those are on seperate electric from the meter for the room since they run 24/7.

Negatives that I have heard of the Suites that the Tycoon Place does not have

-rooms not cleaned but twice a week

-problems getting sheets and towels changed

-only Thai TV stations

Here is the link to a video of the room I stayed in

http://youtu.be/qXLCdcRmmW8

Good luck on finding the best hotel for you.

Quality post thanks. Am lost slightly re electric ??   Do you mean that for some reason the socket that supplies the fridge etc is not metered ie plug all your chargers in there etc ???

• 1 month later...

Quality post thanks. Am lost slightly re electric ??   Do you mean that for some reason the socket that supplies the fridge etc is not metered ie plug all your chargers in there etc ???

Yes, I had heard from others that have been staying there for years that they only meter the "key card" powered outlets and AC.  The fridge is on a constant electrical supply that is powered with the hall lights.  I ran the AC every night and my electric bill was 1330 baht and the water was 350 baht for a full month (November to December).  They do not show you the meter so I am guessing that they may pad the bill possibly, but I still think for the monthly cost of their rooms it is a great deal.  I stay in the "standard 1" for 11,500 a month.  I am going to request the 4th floor next time so I can open my balcony door at night (save on AC running) and not have to worry about mosquitos since they fly lower than that.

Archived