Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

KTK residence regency

jonboy28

I booked into the ktk regency and discussed their monthly rate which they quoted 27,000 baht for one month.

They demanded payment upfront and 5000 deposit.

The room that they moved me into was a good size although the internet did not work, in the morning I was awoken by heavy construction noise at 7 a.m, this was so loud that I could not sleep.

I spoke to reception about it and they informed me all rooms were full for the next 3 nights but they could move me after.

I asked if they could reduce the rate due to being unable to sleep past 7 am, they said we cannot it's company policy!

So after having to put up with the construction noise for 4 days they then moved me to my new room.

I was charged a total of 670 baht for electric for 4 days, which I questioned and was told I have to pay!!!

The new room they moved me into was 1/3 the size of the previous room, and basically like sleeping in a corridor.

I spoke with reception downstairs (Natthanan) she was by far the rudest person I have ever had to deal with, I asked for a rate reduction due to room being a lot smaller or option of another room, I also asked to speak to the manager which was refused.

She told me they cannot refund anything, and if I don't like it I can choose to leave as there no more rooms available.

I was very angry but managed to find another condo in pattaya that was much nicer and had reasonable rates (and polite staff)

When I returned to ktk regent to check out Natthanan insisted I must pay the full rate of 14,550 for 4 nights, I tried to argue that the room that they sold me for 27,000 baht was very noisy but a lot larger than the 2nd room they tried to fob me off with.

She said I am causing too many problems and they are happy that I am checking out.

Unbelievably bad customer service from this member of staff, and it ended up costing me 14,550 baht for a 4 night stay.......

AVOID AT ALL COST

Get a VT6 room for same price ...27k

Get a VT6 room for same price ...27k

He has a room already

I think the point was about KTK being a rip off

To the OP - Trip Advisor is as good a place as any to vent - as well as all the other Pattaya Forums - just to get your point across as much as possible

myself and 4 of my pals were going to book this place but not now.

it dose look nice though

Your experience is not uncommon in Thailand at all. For many Thai businesses there is no such thing as customer servive. All they care about is getting your money.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable sub-human who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.

Robert Heinlein

Thanks for telling us about that - that place was on my list of possibilities for a long stay. Not any more, Cheers

670 baht for 3 days = con job ..could emagine after a month they could give you any price they want say 27000 baht just for electric..I stayed at Dusit Thani and made 3 overseas calls for 10 mins each call .When I went to check out it was 27,000 baht they tryed to get out of after an hour long argument they decided to drop it to 500 baht sometimes you have to stand up for yourself in these situations without being angry .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the post. Sounds like an establishment to be avoided. Post a comment on Bookings.com and maybe it will hurt their bottom line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daryle

They do not care about their bottom line.  The people you deal with get the same salary or you stay there or not.  More work for them when you stay there.

I had a months stay earlier this year, and also found the reception staff to be extremely rude and unhelpful..

Does ant know the electric bill after a months stay

Does ant know the electric bill after a months stay

That depends upon how much electricity you use.   :Think1:

When I stayed there last month, I made sure to turn off the aircon (usually kept at 25 degrees) and lights whenever I left the room (they don't use the automatic keycard shutoff system).  Being aware with my electricity usage, it was 3200 baht for electricity and 200 baht for water for one month.

If someone runs the aircon at 20 degrees high power 24/7 for a month and leaves the television/lights on when not in the loom, they're going to have a bad time when it comes to check-out...

3200 aint too bad thought they would try get more because falang thanks for the reply realy keen on staying there for 2 months I don't really give 2 shits about there behavior

I have stayed there many times.When I first stayed there it was only the first part, then they built then building to the side then another part onto the first building.I have a slight invalidity problem and the only problem I did and why I have to move is those steep ramps out the front if I didn't have to use them I would still be the there.I have a friend who has been there since day one and another who lived there for 12 months.I cannot say a bad word about the reception,one of the girls road her motor bike to Naklua Post Office to pick up a parcel for me but that was just one of the many things they did for me.If the reception was that bad all I can think of is the place must have been sold,the original owner who the lady that owns all off those gold shops around Pattaya/Naklua and if she knew there was trouble with the receptionist she would sack her on the spot

• 3 weeks later...

It pays to read the many suggestions on these Forums regarding places to stay.... I guess the next time you will be wiser.

I can highly recommend "Dancewatchers" for Rental Condo's in Pattaya or Jomtien. They are reliable and will take care of you properly.

A reasonable monthly Electricity charge would be around 3000 Bath - but if you watch what you use, you could reduce that amount.

where ever you stay in pattaya you stand a good chance of construction noise. I found ktk to be great apart from the food .

A Thai girls arsehole is just like a 9 volt battery you know you shouldn't but sooner or later you will put your tounge in it

• 2 weeks later...

I'm staying there at the moment, I'm booked in for the month. My room's at the front over looking the main entrance, which is great as there's no bars or any noise at night. The daytime construction behind the car park doesn't really affect me as I'm up early and out of the place for 9ish on my way to my TEFL course for the day.

I'm happy with the room, it's worth the 19000 BT I'm paying, can't speak about the food as I haven't eaten here, but what I will say, is that the reception staff here are some of the rudest and most pig ignorant I've ever come across anywhere I've stayed here in Thailand.

The bird that works during the evening in particular is a miserable bitch, I don't know what her problem is, but she needs to pull her head out of her arse, learn how to smile and learn some manners.

I've made a real point of saying "kop Khun mak krap" each time I drop/get my room key, "good morning", "sawadee krap", a nice big smile at them etc etc, but nothing, not a smile back or any warmth whatsoever. One of the girls this morning didn't even bother to look up at me as I dropped my key off and said "morning!" To her today.

Well, fuck em from now on, manners mean everything to me, they cost nothing, and in the hotel trade and at a place such as this I expect common courtesy and politeness from the staff, especially the front line receptionists. They should swap these snotty fucktards over with some of the cleaners I've met whilst staying here, as they do a far far better job at making you feel welcome than the other cunts do on the desk.

Rant over, and thanks for listening, although I shall be posting a very negative report on tripadvisor/booking.com when I've finished my stay here.

If you want something done properly, do it yourself..

I'm staying there at the moment, I'm booked in for the month. My room's at the front over looking the main entrance, which is great as there's no bars or any noise at night. The daytime construction behind the car park doesn't really affect me as I'm up early and out of the place for 9ish on my way to my TEFL course for the day.

I'm happy with the room, it's worth the 19000 BT I'm paying, can't speak about the food as I haven't eaten here, but what I will say, is that the reception staff here are some of the rudest and most pig ignorant I've ever come across anywhere I've stayed here in Thailand.

The bird that works during the evening in particular is a miserable bitch, I don't know what her problem is, but she needs to pull her head out of her arse, learn how to smile and learn some manners.

I've made a real point of saying "kop Khun mak krap" each time I drop/get my room key, "good morning", "sawadee krap", a nice big smile at them etc etc, but nothing, not a smile back or any warmth whatsoever. One of the girls this morning didn't even bother to look up at me as I dropped my key off and said "morning!" To her today.

Well, fuck em from now on, manners mean everything to me, they cost nothing, and in the hotel trade and at a place such as this I expect common courtesy and politeness from the staff, especially the front line receptionists. They should swap these snotty fucktards over with some of the cleaners I've met whilst staying here, as they do a far far better job at making you feel welcome than the other cunts do on the desk.

Rant over, and thanks for listening, although I shall be posting a very negative report on tripadvisor/booking.com when I've finished my stay here.

would you say the daytime construction noise is sleepable? ive booked for next month but only booked for 4 days. if i like the place and it's not to noisey i'll extend for the rest of my stay

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

Lots of rude ass Thai's in Patt. After 3weeks I wanted to leave.

Vincent Law

would you say the daytime construction noise is sleepable? ive booked for next month but only booked for 4 days. if i like the place and it's not to noisey i'll extend for the rest of my stay

Sorry I can't help you on that one, as I'm out the door at 9am and not back till around 4ish in the afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...

Mirrors my experience exactly.  It is almost as if it is the hotel policy for them to ignore the customers..

• 2 weeks later...

Mirrors my experience exactly.  It is almost as if it is the hotel policy for them to ignore the customers..

Yep, that's how it is here. I'm into my last week here now, move out on Saturday, I've been here nearly five weeks now, won't be using it again.

Archived