IGNORED

mayweather to win

tweedle-dee

as much as i dislike this guy and his flash life style, with hours to count down his apponent is a whicked puncher BUT he aint gonna land many where its needed, clear win for moneyman.

Got to get out to watch it Sunday morning. Only reley one result. Mayweather, The Money Man may come over as an arrogant twat sometimes, but he is a TOP TOP boxer

Amir Khan on the undercard should be a good fight, his opponent is nio mug

Ban the aggression sport . :)

Got to get out to watch it Sunday morning. Only reley one result. Mayweather, The Money Man may come over as an arrogant twat sometimes, but he is a TOP TOP boxer

Amir Khan on the undercard should be a good fight, his opponent is nio mug

mate i live in the sticks with bog standard thai telly, i could not even get to watch pac man a few weeks back FCKN BUMMER, enjoy it

Ban the aggression sport . :)

YEP like those pshyco's that beat the shit out of defensless balls on a table with a big stick! they all need there arses whooped with the devils own riding crop with a pashion  :Finger5:

mate i live in the sticks with bog standard thai telly, i could not even get to watch pac man a few weeks back FCKN BUMMER, enjoy it

One of the problems with living in the sticks.

Last time i was out in the village near Ubon, there were about 200 channels on the TV, NON in English. Internet access was pretty much non existant so slow. had to use small internet cafe in the market to communicate with the big wide world

Looking forward to Amir Khan fight, if he gets drawn into a brawl it will not go the distance.

Watched The PacMan fight against Bradley while visiting Philippines, place was rocking for that fight, PacMan easily out boxed Bradley, who just kept throwing haymakers but couldn't connect. The first fight had a shocking judges decision to give the fight to Bradley.

Mayweather is the best at the moment IMHO

One of the problems with living in the sticks.

Last time i was out in the village near Ubon, there were about 200 channels on the TV, NON in English. Internet access was pretty much non existant so slow. had to use small internet cafe in the market to communicate with the big wide world

Looking forward to Amir Khan fight, if he gets drawn into a brawl it will not go the distance.

Watched The PacMan fight against Bradley while visiting Philippines, place was rocking for that fight, PacMan easily out boxed Bradley, who just kept throwing haymakers but couldn't connect. The first fight had a shocking judges decision to give the fight to Bradley.

Mayweather is the best at the moment IMHO

CHEERS BUD i use Dtac air card but when i need to load pics i have to go to a cafe 9 friggin kls away,but the sticks has its advantages,like lots of cheap pussy 300bht :Think1:  hope khan gets the fight and go top draw :GoldenSmile1:

I think Khan vs Collazo is the fight of the night -- Collazo is a tough guy.  Not an easy match-up for Khan, especially after such a long layoff.  If Collazo had "one punch power" it would be far more interesting.

Broner's fight is a complete mismatch.  Molina has been off just as long as Khan, as they met in Dec. 2012, with Khan easily outboxing and stopping him.

Love vs Periban is NOT something I think people will "love."

As much as I would love to see Maidana land a big punch, there's a reason why he's a 10-1 underdog.  I don't know who out there can give Mayweather a run for his money (pun intended) EXCEPT "Father Time" (and I don't mean Bernard Hopkins; I mean age itself).

As for timing, the undercard broadcasts almost always start here in the USA at 9 p.m. on East Coast; 6 p.m. Cali and Las Vegas time.  I believe that translates to 8 a.m. in Pattaya.

Pacquiao/Bradley was a solid, close fight until Bradley screwed up his leg in the 5th or 6th round.  People booed and doubted his claim, but his trainer (Joel Diaz) showed me photos last weekend from the dressing room -- his calf was jacked up.

I think Pacquiao/Marquez V is what's next for Manny, assuming Marquez beats Alvarado on May 17; however, there are some serious hurdles to overcome.  I think they want to send Manny back to Macau or Shanghai for his next fight, and I doubt Marquez will want to fight him in Asia.

QUESTION:

I am scheduled to be in Pattaya during the June 7 Martinez vs Cotto fight.  Timing should be the same as the Mayweather card, so it will be Sunday morning in Pattaya.  I could see that one going either way, so it's one that I would really like to watch.

Any suggestions/thoughts on where in Pattaya to watch it on the morning of June 8?

I think Khan vs Collazo is the fight of the night -- Collazo is a tough guy.  Not an easy match-up for Khan, especially after such a long layoff.  If Collazo had "one punch power" it would be far more interesting.

Broner's fight is a complete mismatch.  Molina has been off just as long as Khan, as they met in Dec. 2012, with Khan easily outboxing and stopping him.

Love vs Periban is NOT something I think people will "love."

As much as I would love to see Maidana land a big punch, there's a reason why he's a 10-1 underdog.  I don't know who out there can give Mayweather a run for his money (pun intended) EXCEPT "Father Time" (and I don't mean Bernard Hopkins; I mean age itself).

As for timing, the undercard broadcasts almost always start here in the USA at 9 p.m. on East Coast; 6 p.m. Cali and Las Vegas time.  I believe that translates to 8 a.m. in Pattaya.

Pacquiao/Bradley was a solid, close fight until Bradley screwed up his leg in the 5th or 6th round.  People booed and doubted his claim, but his trainer (Joel Diaz) showed me photos last weekend from the dressing room -- his calf was jacked up.

I think Pacquiao/Marquez V is what's next for Manny, assuming Marquez beats Alvarado on May 17; however, there are some serious hurdles to overcome.  I think they want to send Manny back to Macau or Shanghai for his next fight, and I doubt Marquez will want to fight him in Asia.

QUESTION:

I am scheduled to be in Pattaya during the June 7 Martinez vs Cotto fight.  Timing should be the same as the Mayweather card, so it will be Sunday morning in Pattaya.  I could see that one going either way, so it's one that I would really like to watch.

Any suggestions/thoughts on where in Pattaya to watch it on the morning of June 8?

a good read thanks for the input, im so out of touch here its frustrating but hope you get a hint here on where to view :GoldenSmile1:

OK! any results yet on moneyman and kahn??

Got a while before they're in the ring -- 1st fight (Love vs Periban) is just past the halfway point (7th round).

Next up is Broner vs Molina, THEN Khan vs Collazo.

Got a while before they're in the ring -- 1st fight (Love vs Periban) is just past the halfway point (7th round).

Next up is Broner vs Molina, THEN Khan vs Collazo.

cheers my friend :GoldenSmile1:

nice to hear of khans "impressive" perfomance clear win with 3 nockdowns for his apponent, not bad after a year off, still waiting on floyd news. 

nice to hear of khans "impressive" perfomance clear win with 3 nockdowns for his apponent, not bad after a year off, still waiting on floyd news. 

He won on points,   (Floyd)

Stevie

He won on points,   (Floyd)

OK but was he great or just evasive as per usual??

OK but was he great or just evasive as per usual??

Don't know,  i never saw it  lol

Stevie

I didn't watch it either -- wanted to watch the NBA game that was on at the same time (and save around 2100 baht for my trip in 3 weeks!  5555555) -- but, from all accounts, Maidana had his moments and was very aggressive.  Mayweather was more "marked up" after the fight that anyone could recall.

Majority decision, as one judge had it a draw (114-114), while the other 2 had Mayweather 116-112 and 117-111.  All 3 judges are among the best around, so that tells me there were a number of close rounds that could have gone either way.

Maidana fans screaming "robbery!", but most of the press had Mayweather 115-113 (7 rounds to 5) or 116-112 (8 to 4).  I talked to a close friend who was there and who knows more about scoring fights than anyone else I know, and he had it 116-112 (8 rounds to 4) for Mayweather.

I didn't watch it either -- wanted to watch the NBA game that was on at the same time (and save around 2100 baht for my trip in 3 weeks!  5555555) -- but, from all accounts, Maidana had his moments and was very aggressive.  Mayweather was more "marked up" after the fight that anyone could recall.

Majority decision, as one judge had it a draw (114-114), while the other 2 had Mayweather 116-112 and 117-111.  All 3 judges are among the best around, so that tells me there were a number of close rounds that could have gone either way.

Maidana fans screaming "robbery!", but most of the press had Mayweather 115-113 (7 rounds to 5) or 116-112 (8 to 4).  I talked to a close friend who was there and who knows more about scoring fights than anyone else I know, and he had it 116-112 (8 rounds to 4) for Mayweather.

again thanks for input, can you imagine what the pay day would be for money & manny  probably the biggest of all time.

Khan boxed well and won quite easily'

The money never looked too impessive, he got roughed up a bit in the first five rounds, though he covered up well. The fight was a bit boring really, Mayweather managed to keep out of distance when his opponent tired and pick him off with some jabs, come out with the points win.

At 37 he will start to slow down and someone will nail him, not sure if Khan is that man. He is a tricky boxer had to hit

Khan is a little out of luck on fighting Mayweather next -- Mayweather plans to fight again in September.  He always tries to fight on Cinco de Mayo and Mexican Independence weekends, as those are big "boxing weekends" here in the USA.

Because of Ramadan, Khan cannot fight in September or even October.  He has suggested that Mayweather should face him in November, but I think Mayweather will go forward and fight someone else in September.  Khan will be in the running to face Mayweather NEXT May, though.

Personally, I respect Amir for staying true to his religious convictions.

A Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight would have been the highest paying fight in history, but I think that, as they both age, the odds of it bringing in that type of money is less and less likely.  Mayweather reportedly offered Manny $40 million a few years ago (don't know how true that is), but no % of any other upside (Pay Per View money, etc.).  If he offered Manny $40 million, you can bet that he felt comfortable that he would get at least $60 million!

QUESTION:

I've watched a couple of fights in Irish Rovers and would definitely recommend it. Also, recommend their breakfast. I was on the plane to BKK during the Mayweather-Maidana card but saw the replay in a beer bar last night :)

I leave on June 2 so won't be around for Martinez-Cotto. However, there's some good fights the week before too, Froch-Groves rematch, Vetyeka-Donaire. Best of the bunch could be the fight between Thailand's Srisaket Sor Rungvisai and Mexico's Carlos Cuadras which takes place in Mexico City, Will be on Thai TV the morning of June 1. Tweedle-dee, even out in the sticks, you should be able to catch this one. I read a lot of boxing forums and plenty of folks excited about this fight. Two of the top fighters at 115 lbs. Check out their records and KO percentages. Can't help but be a good one.

Thanks for the feedback on I Rovers -- I'll plan to be there!  Given the time change, it should line up quite well to have breakfast there while the fights are on.

Great analysis re the upcoming fights.  I always love to see boxing fans from the USA that recognize that many great fights and fighters are not here -- Groch-Groves rematch does, indeed, look exciting, and the Cuadras-Rungvisai fight should be a good one.  LOTS of great action fights in the lower weight classes (including the "all featherweight card" headlined by Donaire-Vetyeka in Macau on May 31)

Archived