Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Drug resistant superbugs a serious threat worldwide, says WHO

QuotaMan

Today I am feeling Naughty

Here you go Sinbad

attachicon.gifgloves 1.jpg

Here you go Rocco

attachicon.gifgloves 2.jpg

OK Gents Ding Ding lets go

attachicon.gifglove 3.jpg

attachicon.gifgloce 4.jpg

:hello09::LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

Ghosty

That would be the intellectual equivalent of putting Joe Bugner in the ring with Frank Spencer.

That would be the intellectual equivalent of putting Joe Bugner in the ring with Frank Spencer.

Maybe ??

frank 1.jpg

frank 2.jpg

But I feel these two would seem more fitting 555555555555555

frank 3.jpg

frank 4.jpg

My money is on the guy in the wheelchair.

I think we are waiting to figure out who is who Matey 55555

Ok I have had my Fun thank you for taking my shit stirring well I am off to pack as Dubai is calling Ghosty at the weekend then Thailand early next week

Cheers

Ghosty

• 2 weeks later...

That's a great clip.

An era without antibiotics would terrible, a simple cut could be fatal if it became infected.

Governments need to incentivise the big drug companies to research new antibiotics.

How can they pass it on if they die so quickly?

How can they pass it on if they die so quickly?

I assume that you are talking about the article that claims that people are dying 'in a matter of days'. As pointed out earlier that is a false claim.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone thought about the benefits of using colloidal silver as an alternative to antibiotics. Last year i had came down with a bad chest infection which i couldn't seem to get rid of so i tried colloidal silver which worked really well and had no problems since. For more information http://www.silvermedicine.org/

Probably the bloke in a pub, he knows most things

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

The over prescribing by lazy doctors and those not finishing their course of pills to save money are more often at fault.

If they wanted to slow this down the World health Organisation would ban over the counter sales worldwide, and maybe invest in a long term timed release solution ( one pill or injection that dissolves gradually over 10 days - 2 weeks) so that people do finish their course.

Problem is - WHO can not ban anything world wide.  They don't have the authority.  Second, I am unaware of any antibiotics that are time released.  Certainly not a wide variety to treat all the different kinds of  infections.

And no one will develop such drugs.  For the same reason they stopped making new strains of antibiotics.  Too many people think that these new drugs should be made available at cost to the world, or better still free, and no enforcement of trademark for the company that develops them.  In other words, PROFIT has been removed from much of the world of pharma.  The typical leftist rallying cry "people are dying and you want to make money" as if it is evil.

Guess what?  Now people are dying and no new drugs are coming.  Why spend possibly 100s of millions of $ in development only to be told you are heartless to expect to make a profit from that research?

And no one will develop such drugs.  For the same reason they stopped making new strains of antibiotics.  Too many people think that these new drugs should be made available at cost to the world, or better still free, and no enforcement of trademark for the company that develops them.  In other words, PROFIT has been removed from much of the world of pharma.  The typical leftist rallying cry "people are dying and you want to make money" as if it is evil.

There is one thing that you didn't mention that I think is the most important reason. Antibiotics are only taken for short periods so there is not the constant selling to every patient. This is very unlike drugs for cancer and heart conditions (for example) that make the large companies plenty of money. I don't think it is much to do with supplying cheaper products to countries that can not afford the full commercial price of the drugs.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

There is one thing that you didn't mention that I think is the most important reason. Antibiotics are only taken for short periods so there is not the constant selling to every patient. This is very unlike drugs for cancer and heart conditions (for example) that make the large companies plenty of money. I don't think it is much to do with supplying cheaper products to countries that can not afford the full commercial price of the drugs.

That is a good point.  My original point is that it takes a lot of money to develop new drugs.  And hey, they make a great profit for new drugs that make your dick stiffer or hair grow back.  Free enterprise.  And no one bewails them if they expect to make a profit off dick stiffener drugs.

And new antibiotics are not a regular use product as you note.  So the market for them is likely smaller.  Hence, they NEED to be able to charge more the first 5 years.

What some people don't get is that in the long run this benefits all of us even if in the first 5 years some people who need the drug can't afford it.  Life isn't always fair.  I know there are medical services that I can not afford if I ever need them and some others can afford them.  It is a fact of life that true equality exists only the the minds of loonies.  Long term though, new procedures and drugs eventually become mainstream and affordable.  For example my insurance would probably pay for a pacemaker today.  50 years ago it didin't exist and when it first came out very few could afford one.  Many people dies that may have been saved with one.  We can not remove the profit motive from innovation.  It isn't evil and it is the primary motivation for all of mans accomplishments despite those who think altruism is.

Archived