IGNORED

Private Car to Koh Chang Question.

simguy_jp

So after reading all the horror stories of being packed into a mini van then the driver trying to kill everyone by driving recklessly I have decided I would rather pay the extra money to hire a private car than go with a Mini Van.

I contacted Mr.T taxi service and he said they did not do the Koh Chang run. Has anyone used a private car service and if so could you provide the contact or location information.

I know renting your own car is an option but its too late for me to get my International drivers license renewed as I live in Japan and would have to send back to the U.S. for it.

Thanks for any information. I heard that there is going to be a boat service in high season but not helping me for May.

Try PT Taxi - [email protected]. They drove us to the pier to Koh Kood in Feb last year. The price then was 3000 baht.

If the safe driver is a big priority, you could also try Meow ([email protected]) but no idea if she does Koh Chang. There's a thread about her here.

Try PT Taxi - [email protected]. They drove us to the pier to Koh Kood in Feb last year. The price then was 3000 baht.

If the safe driver is a big priority, you could also try Meow ([email protected]) but no idea if she does Koh Chang. There's a thread about her here.

Thanks, yes safety is the reason I am going this route. Between 3000-5000 Baht is fine to me.

So after reading all the horror stories of being packed into a mini van then the driver trying to kill everyone by driving recklessly I have decided I would rather pay the extra money to hire a private car than go with a Mini Van.

I contacted Mr.T taxi service and he said they did not do the Koh Chang run. Has anyone used a private car service and if so could you provide the contact or location information.

I know renting your own car is an option but its too late for me to get my International drivers license renewed as I live in Japan and would have to send back to the U.S. for it.

Thanks for any information. I heard that there is going to be a boat service in high season but not helping me for May.

Simguy,

I would seriously like for you to tell me where you heard about the boat service.I had no idea such a thing existed.

I am not trying to spend 3000 baht to get there but I'm not trying to get killed in a mini-van,either.          

33C

I'VE BEEN TO THE FUCKING MOUNTAINTOP !!! :Party3:

Tans taxi goes to Koh Chang regularly although I believe its just to the ferry.

http://www.tanstaxi.com

Thanks.I wish there was a direct quote for the fare to Koh Chang though....

I'VE BEEN TO THE FUCKING MOUNTAINTOP !!! :Party3:

Will be interested to see who you decide to use & the cost, as I plan to use a taxi to do this too, when on my next trip

• 5 weeks later...

Simguy,

I would seriously like for you to tell me where you heard about the boat service.I had no idea such a thing existed.

I am not trying to spend 3000 baht to get there but I'm not trying to get killed in a mini-van,either.          

33C

I saw it on the forum some where with an advertisement. I will try and do some looking around to see where it was.

Will be interested to see who you decide to use & the cost, as I plan to use a taxi to do this too, when on my next trip

I checked around several places and eventually used Meow Taxi, it was not the cheapest but just thought I would give her some business. Here is what I was quoted.

PT_Taxi- 2700 to the ferry

Meow _Taxi-2900 to the ferry

[email protected] Tour agency at Koh Chang 3400 to hotel on Koh Chang +1 ferry ticket

Mr T_taxi- Would not do it.

Baht Bus from Koh Chang Pier to White Sand beach was 50 Baht each.

Meow Taxi was great service the car was a new Honda Civic with the same car and driver on the return trip.

As a side note the girlfriend and I met another couple while there staying at KC Resort also and they were traveling to Patts also on the same day so asked if they could come along and share the cost. We agreed since we all got along. After the ferry ride back to Trait our driver was waiting but had brought his GF along for the ride so there was no room for 6 of us. My GF talked to a transportation lady at the pier and was able to get our new friends a private taxi to Pattaya for 2200 Baht.

Also when we first got to the pier my TGF went to buty us some tickets for the ferry ride but came back and said the lady did not understand her so we just walked onto the ferry and did not have to buy any tickets TIT 5555

Simguy,

33C

Here is the link to the article. http://newpattaya.com/news/catamaran-ferry-service-between-pattaya-and-koh-chang/

Thanks again for posting this information, which I'm sure will be useful to quite a few people also wanting to do this by taxi.

Try these guys:

http://www.kohchangminibus.com/

Thanks for the info.

I did look at them before but the minivan was defiantly out of the question and the private car was more expensive than just being dropped at the ferry. When I went the line for cars getting on the ferry was probably around 3 ferry waits so it was much easier and cheaper just to get dropped at the ferry and catch a baht bus for 50 baht on the other side.

Try these guys:

http://www.kohchangminibus.com/

The OP was trying to avoid these minivans.And having done it myself I can't blame him.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

The OP was trying to avoid these minivans.And having done it myself I can't blame him.

Yep, and I will tell you we ended up behind 6 minivans on the last road to the ferry and watching the way these guys were driving I was so glad I was not in one of them. Packed like rats and fucking maniacs driving, no thanks.

3 hour boat ride to koh chang looks great, bad news is that it will increase masstourism with russians and chinese groups aswell the article said ! they want a link to hua hin too. Sounds great for me as it will be faster as by road and i guess safer as the minivans too!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

• 8 months later...

Never heard any more news about this service so I guess it never went into effect.

Archived