IGNORED

ARECA LODGE...room tips please!

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Guys, I will be enjoying 7 nights in Patts shortly. I have stayed in many hotels in the vicinity of LK/Diana but never Areca - Expedia is advertising the standard rooms, from $43 AUD (under 1,300THB), deluxe $46 (under 1,400THB) and super deluxe at $52 (1,500THB). Breakfast included....a bargain!

Which room type should I book...any room advice appreciated.

Thanks

LW

Stayed in this hotel a few times and i always try for the delux with pool view as the rooms at the rear have a poor view.

super deluxe rooms are in evergreen building.....

great large modern rooms

deluxe are in the other 2 buildings....corona and areca

smaller and a bit older but fine

standard never been in so dont know

make sure u ask for a pool view...corona building gets afternoon sun on balconys

breakfast is buffet but good quality....

check there website !st as may work out cheaper....

Agoda price doesnt include city tax...hotel website includes taxes

Ask for the ace club card. It costs money but you receive a room discount and food and drink discount.

The evergreen wing is by far the nicer tower. Poolside views are also nice. A great place to stay.

Rumour has it, they have relaxed the 18+ policy. I have sent them an email on this subject and am waiting a reply.

I stayed for a week in feb at the super deluxe at the evergreen the second block from the entrance the rooms were good and all rooms don't face the pool and a bit of walking from the main entrance which is a pain in the ass and the breakfast closes at 10 am. The last two days I was shifted to the corona block a pool facing room and enjoyed it more and the breakfast is till 10.30. The only pain was that every time your girl lands up we need to check them in at the reception. On the whole value for money and a decent place.

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

The newest wing is the Evergreen Wing.  I've stayed there a few times.  Decent rooms.

A pain in the ass walk from Soi LK Diane, but a good short cut to Avenue.

I have stayed at Areca for 7 of my last 8 trips, in some ways I cannot fault it other than it keeps getting ever more expensive, funnily enough they are pulling back on the price now. I first booked Areca because of the facilities but after 14 trips, tighter budget and realisation I was not using the facilities because "mongering" was my prime requirement and just needed a decent room to have fun in and sleep, I have re-booked my last accommodation at $30 AUD per night not far from Soi Diana and were I was looked after exceptionally well even though its a "guesthouse" ( new, clean and well appointed). I have to admit it does have some noise from the building work in that area but was less intrusive than my last stay at Evergreen @ Areca.

have they finished all the building work next door to the hotel....they had a big screen up by the pool early on in the year

have they finished all the building work next door to the hotel....they had a big screen up by the pool early on in the year

No it has just got taller and they have cordoned off certain parts because of stuff falling through the screen, I did not realise till recently its the same owners.

i just book for areca . i will be there from next week. price now is 400 euro for a super deluxe , 40 euro for night. not bad for me….this is my first time at areca, usually i go in south pattaya but now….i enjoy soi diana and soi LK.

:Finger5: :Finger5: hi guys...see you in pattaya or africa!!!!

I've stayed at Acrea Evergreen 5 times in the last two years and will be back there on 15 May. In terms of quality of hotel for the money and location you can't beat it in my view.

I would recommend the super deluxe rooms in the Evergreen building as well. Great location and quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rooms which have a bathtub, are the showers separate or do you stand in the bath??

cheers

The rooms which have a bathtub, are the showers separate or do you stand in the bath??

cheers

The super deluxe rooms(Evergreen) have tub/shower combo. The showers are not separate.

The super deluxe rooms(Evergreen) have tub/shower combo. The showers are not separate.

Thanks mate.......appreciated.

cheers

Just a quick note, I found the bath to be very small and very slippery. I'm not the biggest person in the world (1,85m), but I really didn't use the baths too much. And I didn't even dare to share the shower because I'd probably end up with a big gash in my head from slipping and falling.

Another small note is that while the breakfast is very good and fresh, it's also very early and closes very early. I felt like I wasted it, because I rarely get out of bed before 10/11 am. At which point, breakfast buffet will be closed.

That being said, while it is a very nice hotel to stay at, I found the price to be somewhat high for what you get. If anything, you're paying for the location and not the hotel itself. Because the location is A++. But for the ~1500 baht range, I've gotten a lot more bang for my buck (for example China Garden, which is literally 100 meters up the street, was superb with a fantastic waterfall shower AND a jacuzzi for 1200/night).

As for the rooms; definately a pool side room. The rear view is... eh... lacking in every catagory. If I were to go back, i'd go deluxe. Super deluxe wasn't much of an upgrade when I tried it.

I've stayed at Areca a few times, and never been anywhere near disapointed.

I've heard they don't like you taking home 2 girls, but I did plenty of times and never got hassled.

Perfect place for walking to everything. Just be careful taking girls home from the bars within 100mtr radius. every time I had a different girl and walked past, I would here the "Hey Butterfly" calls.

Still an awesome place though.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I've stayed at Areca a few times, and never been anywhere near disapointed.<br /><br />I've heard they don't like you taking home 2 girls, but I did plenty of times and never got hassled.<br /><br />Perfect place for walking to everything. Just be careful taking girls home from the bars within 100mtr radius. every time I had a different girl and walked past, I would here the "Hey Butterfly" calls.<br /><br />Still an awesome place though.

yes it happened to me too. My lessons learnt from this:don't shit where you eat.

that room in the video a couple of posts above looks depressing.... definitely not worth 1500 or more

That looks like one of the standard rooms taken sometime ago.

Exactly, that video must have been done before the refurbs, nothing like that now. I have stayed at china garden as well( great value) but no pool or breakfast. I never sleep late so always enjoyed the breakfast, and beautiful pool during the daytime. And location location location +1.

I don't see why people paying 1200 or 1500 without a pool a view a breakfast a lift , IE for a few pesos more , I imagine with whats going on in Thailand there will be plenty of cancelations , reductions,  and vacancies  everywhere,, buyers market .

Archived