IGNORED

1 2 Call package options

Hi Guys

Wondering if someone can help me please.

I have an existing 12 Call SIM. It has 12 months validity (ie when you top u get another 12 months)

Ok, I have just entered the 21st century and purchased my 1st Android Smart phone

When I look through the 12 Call website it is difficult to follow as it seems to cater (understandably) for thai speakers. So as a dumb english speaking (and reading) farang I need a bit of advice.

I will be in Pattaya for 4 weeks so am looking for a one month package for calls and data. How much data will I neede ? havent got a clue so I might as well go for one of the top ones

Im able to transfer funds into my Thai SIM from my thai bank account and would be happy if someone could give me the advice I need so I can activate upon arrival, whilst waiting for luggage, or even before I leave home

Thanks for your help

cheers

wondra :Beer:

Hi there,

Activating your SIM by adding some credit is really easy. If you have access to an ATM at the airport, most banks have a "Top-Up" option. You just need to know your mobile phone number and the amount you want to credit to your phone. Also, you can purchase Top-Up credits from any 7-11, Family Mart or various other shops in the airport.

If you but credit from a 7-11 type store, you can add it by entering the following:   *120*Top-up-code# then press send

(see http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/prepaid-etopup.html)

There are various data packages available. Not sure how much data usage you will need. If you only want to check your mail, then you probably don't need that much. However, be aware that they are mostly time based packages, e.g. 3, 6, 20, 100 hours or unlimited). So, you need to remember to turn on/off your data packets (enable/disable data transfer over mobile network). This will be in settings somewhere or have a shortcut softkey on you notifications drop-down menu (

The available packages (in English) can be found at (http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/promotion_special.html).

e.g. for a 6-hour package (50 baht) you would enter *138*32# icon_telephone.gif on your phone. Making sure that you had sufficient credit via Top-Up before you choose your package.

You will be sent an SMS warning message before your data package expires. Be aware that if you keep Mobile Data active beyond your package allowance, the charges are quite hefty and you will almost certainly run out of credit.

Hope that helps,

ReetDeeDee ô¿ô

I have the "InternetPack350B: Internet 1GB,Free AIS MusicStore" package. Cost is 350B/month. I use maybe 20% of the 1GB each month, based on over two years on this plan. My data usage is primarily email and some internet, mainly looking up locations or movie times. There's a shop in Tukcom (Telewiz, 2nd floor, IIRC) that can get you set up.

I use 1-2 call ,but prefer the daily internet option ,unlimited 24 hours 14 baht. I don't call or text much now as the "Line App"

takes care of that with the free hotel WiFi

Additionally ,if you prefer, you can pay for 24 hour limited internet 9 baht

Just a question in relation to the data package and phone calls

Lets say i decide to sign up for the unlimted 30 day package @ 799b

how do I go with calls and txt? Will they just come off my balance as they have in the past?  ie, will the data be an addon to existing phone calls etc?

Thanks 

wondra

Just a question in relation to the data package and phone calls

Lets say i decide to sign up for the unlimted 30 day package @ 799b

how do I go with calls and txt? Will they just come off my balance as they have in the past?  ie, will the data be an addon to existing phone calls etc?

Thanks 

wondra

Top up your phone with say 1,000B. When you signup for the unlimited 30 day package the price will be subtracted, leaving you with 301B for calls and text. Call and text then get deducted as usual from the remaining balance. Top up when you start running low.

• 3 months later...

Might sound dumb but in the Philippines girls mostly prefer smart and sun due to the cost and you can get unlimited text and call to those carriers only so most guys are best getting smart so the girls are not hesitant to reply to your text for fear of being charged so question...... does thailand have something like this so I can get the right carrier or?

• 4 months later...

I use 1-2 call ,but prefer the daily internet option ,unlimited 24 hours 14 baht. I don't call or text much now as the "Line App"

takes care of that with the free hotel WiFi

Additionally ,if you prefer, you can pay for 24 hour limited internet 9 baht

A girl i know said she paid 9 baht for internet for a day and i found it hard to believe. Do you need 3G and can you just go into a shop (7/11 ?) and pay 9 baht and get a code number.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

A girl i know said she paid 9 baht for internet for a day and i found it hard to believe. Do you need 3G and can you just go into a shop (7/11 ?) and pay 9 baht and get a code number.

see post 11

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Archived