IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

This is a bad loss tonight & unfortunately thoroughly predictable. 

I honestly don’t where Ole & the board go from here. 

Get rid of the board and ole and bring in Mauricio Pochettino who at least has experience of building a squad. Unfortunately Mauricio Pochettino would probably not join you until the summer as their is a massive penalty clause.

4 hours ago, overseas516 said:

Get rid of the board and ole and bring in Mauricio Pochettino who at least has experience of building a squad. Unfortunately Mauricio Pochettino would probably not join you until the summer as their is a massive penalty clause.

Poch isn't coming to Manchester United. He would (rightfully) want certain conditions to manage here that Woodward would never concede.

Minus the Norwich game, which gave a lot of fans false hope (not ME) and was basically a gimme...

With McTominay out of the lineup, we’ve scored 2 goals in the last 6 games, and one of those was a late gimme vs Manchester City while we were down 3-0. So now with him AND Rashford out for a while, we are in TROUBLE.

This isn’t like earlier in the year when we won vs Spurs and Man City after losing some games to lower ranked teams... we HAD both McTominay and Rashford then...We do NOT have the talent to compete.

We have an FA Cup game in a few days, then @ Man City next Wednesday, and then Wolves again 3 days after that. We come back from break on the 17th @ Chelsea.

It’s looking extremely worrisome...

Burnley ended a run of 15 away league matches without a win against Manchester United, tasting victory for the first time since a 5-2 win in September 1962. All looks good for the future of Ollie 

Barring a few jaded exceptions, this is a team of reserves playing in the PL. What better can we expect.

I actually stopped watching after the first half, can't recall ever doing that before.

................................................................................................................

Just watched Tranmere the pitch is great do not worry for Sunday. Wear your wellingtons and keep the ball in the air. 

Just thought Manchester United supporters would like to know the striker they pursued and lost out to Borussia Dortmund has struck yet again.

Erling Braut Haaland followed up his debut hat-trick with two more goals off the bench as Borussia Dortmund hammered Cologne to continue their pursuit of Bundesliga leaders RB Leipzig.

:Clap:

1 hour ago, overseas516 said:

Just thought Manchester United supporters would like to know the striker they pursued and lost out to Borussia Dortmund has struck yet again.

Erling Braut Haaland followed up his debut hat-trick with two more goals off the bench as Borussia Dortmund hammered Cologne to continue their pursuit of Bundesliga leaders RB Leipzig.

We'd soon coach that out of him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Eric Le Roi said:

We'd soon coach that out of him.

Yes and his dad played for Leeds and City did it make his mind up

4 hours ago, overseas516 said:

59 minutes, 5 goals now. WOW... we are stupid.

Can Woodward play?, if he is any good we can call him our Jan window signing.

................................................................................................................

Barcelona now in talks to sign Manchester United target Bruno Fernandes from Sporting Lisbon.

Barcelona now in talks to sign Manchester United target Bruno Fernandes from Sporting Lisbon.

Sounds about right, he probably wouldn't meet the exacting standards required at Old Trafford at the moment.

Any new signings folks, have I missed something. Seems awfully quiet. I hope they know transfer window does not extend itself. Would be pity to have another fax fiasco.

Bruno Fernandes deal confirmed this morning. Fee is £46.6 mil but with add ons could total £65, no word on a new striker yet though. 

40 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

Bruno Fernandes deal confirmed this morning. Fee is £46.6 mil but with add ons could total £65, no word on a new striker yet though. 

No mention of your elimination in the Carabao Cup by Manchester City? :Crazy1:

10 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

Any new signings folks, have I missed something. Seems awfully quiet. I hope they know transfer window does not extend itself. Would be pity to have another fax fiasco.

Now, Leeds chief executive Kinnear wrote in his programme notes – as quoted by Leeds Live – that a certain Premier League side should be “questioning their scouting department” after Augustin ignored reported interest from Old Trafford.

3 hours ago, overseas516 said:

No mention of your elimination in the Carabao Cup by Manchester City? :Crazy1:

I’m Bangkok & it was past my bedtime. I looked at the result this morning & left it at that. 

I’m actually rooting for your lot to win the title as soon as possible now. 

Hopefully you can win it whilst I’m here in Thailand, have your open top bus parade & I’ll miss the whole rotten spectacle. 

Edited by Baxidar ba
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

I’m Bangkok & it was past my bedtime. I looked at the result this morning & left it at that. 

I’m actually rooting for your lot to win the title as soon as possible now. 

Hopefully you can win it whilst I’m here in Thailand, have your open top bus parade & I’ll miss the whole rotten spectacle. 

• When it does happen i will post the video in the Manchester United thread as i would not want you to miss it Baxidar ba. :GrinNod1:

12 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

I'm really excited about this as I watch alot of Sporting CP on FuboTV. Some of the passes he makes, especially lobs into the box are just beauties... and his passion... the guy HATES to lose. I'm so sick of seeing Jesse Lingard - yesterday he was just terrible - maybe his worst game all season (and that's saying a lot). I get that there are many times, an adjustment needed when coming into the Premier League, but... Fernandes is already better than Lingard and Pereira combined.

@Chuck in Bangkok greetings from Bangkok. I'm not big on the Portuguese league but I've read good reports on him. 

He's got an eye for goal too I believe, glad to hear he's got a bit of passion about him, hope it runs off on some of the others.

• Like 1

• When it does happen i will post the video in the Manchester United thread as i would not want you to miss it Baxidar ba. :GrinNod1:

Very kind of you but I'll be withdrawing from all football talk (here on PA as well as in real life) until September at the earliest.

I enjoyed city getting beat at the etihad (well done!) but also that united don't get to go to a final (sorry chaps :WhoSaw1:)

Topped off with a win for us and it was a pleasant wednesday evening :)

On 29/01/2020 at 22:21, Mick Pattaya said:

Yes a last minute one, old dude ex Watford comes from China ( watch he don't infect the team) WTF 555