Alexander-Arnold: £40,000
Robertson: £55,000
Alisson: £90,000
Mane: £135,000
Van Dijk: £165,000

And all less combined than 1 x Alexis Sanchez

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

18 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

Halaand scored a hat-trick on debut today, Woodward must be so proud.

As a sub!

He only played the last 23 minutes!!!

We are going to regret not signing that kid...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petermik said:

And reading the latest updates regarding Fernandes it looks as if were pulling out because of the price they now want for him....and absolutely right in my opinion.....:GrinNod1:

Whenever United,s name goes in the hat for a player the price sky rockets.....we have overpaid on many transfers in the past and now that is changing.... unless Ole sees value in the price he will not sanction it.

I couldn't care less how much the club pays for him.

If we finish 6th again, 30 points off 1st, are they going to drop the price of tickets next year? Will Jersey's go down in price? Will we get a refund on our subscription channels?

Of course not. Our blind loyalty will keep this club pulling in MILLIONS every year, regardless of where we finish.

We are mismanaged by Accountants.

Wins and Losses mean nothing to accountants. The BRAND sells. They have x amount of sales per year of jerseys, they have x amount of national TV appearances per year, they sell x amount of clothing per year - Adidas will STILL make money from it.

The Dallas Cowboys in America have gone 24 YEARS without even PLAYING in a Conference Championship, much less a Super Bowl, and they still have a HUGE deal with Nike. The Cowboys, like Manchester United are a WORLDWIDE BRAND... it's not about wins and losses... it's about Image. It's about selling that Image.

And if the Cowboys can go 24 years without any real post season success and STILL sell BILLIONS in merchandise, you can bet Manchester United can too, as WORLD Football is still more popular than American Football.

THIS is why I could give two finks about what the team pays. I've heard it for years. Christinao Renaldo we paid TOO MUCH for, according to some people at the time. WRONG. Steve Bruce was considered a high price tag back in the day - turned out great. Michael Carrick - it was considered a risky fee at the time - NOPE. Worked out great. Rio Ferdinand - the list goes on and on....

We NEED players. NOT more money in the owner's pockets.

It doesn't cost US a penny more.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Until you know the full facts it,s better to say nowt.....allegedly being held to ransom by his father and his agent regarding future transfer fees United did the right thing by refusing.....if Halaand REALLY wanted to play for United he would have ignored them.....we want players that want to play for the club :GrinNod1:

Yeah, let's just keep renewing Phil Jones and Jesse Lingard... Brilliant strategy these idiots have come up with.

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Weekly wages:
Shaw: £130,000 - Injury prone, time to move on
Lingard: £110,000 - terrible, shouldn't even be on the first team squad
Matic: £120,000 - average, aging, playing because we have no one else
Maguire: £170,000 - Gotta pay for talent, he's got a lot of years left
Mata: £150,000 - Gee-Zus, and we're complaining about what Maguire makes?
Phil Jones: £80,000 - terrible, shouldn't even be in the EPL

3 hours ago, davidge said:

Weekly wages:
Shaw: £130,000
Lingard: £110,000
Matic: £120,000
Maguire: £170,000
Mata: £150,000
Phil Jones: £80,000

Alexander-Arnold: £40,000
Robertson: £55,000
Alisson: £90,000
Mane: £135,000
Van Dijk: £165,000

Disgusting, and not just here!

No Rashford, what brilliant contingency planning.

I read Woodward is looking to constitute an online panel to deter online trolls, some of who have been going after him. If only he had the f*****g gumption to know how to run a historic club.

................................................................................................................

8 hours ago, petermik said:

Until you know the full facts it,s better to say nowt.....allegedly being held to ransom by his father and his agent regarding future transfer fees United did the right thing by refusing.....if Halaand REALLY wanted to play for United he would have ignored them.....we want players that want to play for the club :GrinNod1:

If you read my my submissions o this thread, I did allude to the fact that the Halaand deal did not materialize because of extenuating circumstances beyond player willingness & straight out transfer fees. Trust me, I do a bit of homework before posting on MU thread.   

................................................................................................................

Fair result? After all our chances, I think you were pretty lucky to be just one down.

2-0 feels about right, on that basis. 

Thankfully, it wasn't your gang who ends our unbeaten run. A draw would've felt like a loss too!

8 hours ago, petermik said:

And reading the latest updates regarding Fernandes it looks as if were pulling out because of the price they now want for him....and absolutely right in my opinion.....:GrinNod1:

Whenever United,s name goes in the hat for a player the price sky rockets.....we have overpaid on many transfers in the past and now that is changing.... unless Ole sees value in the price he will not sanction it.

Lets look at some of the big money/marquee signings in the last couple of years:

Lukaku: We could sign the payer as he wanted out & looking to compete at the UCL level, his club Everton was looking forward to a big payday/windfall transfer fees. Now, we have sold him & he can't stop scoring for Inter.

Harry Maguire: Only City was our competitor in terms of getting him, they were constrained by financial fair play rules. Pep, remarked sarcastically that his signing made Utd a title contender.

Alexis: Again, City was the main rival in competition, we managed to get him over the line & then somehow turned a continental champion into a piss poor player who couldn't pass three balls straight.

Today, against Liverpool we had some really good chances, imagine what could have been the outcome if we had Halaand or Jayden Sancho to replace Rashford at the pointy end of the spear.

I work middle management at a MNC & would be summarily fired if I displayed such pathetic levels of contingency management, what do you think should happen to a CEO whose record in the the last 6-7 years is beyond pathetic.

@Chuck in Bangkok vaild points enumerated, would be happy to buy/share a few drinks with you if we ever meet in LOS/Patts.

• Like 1

On 17/01/2020 at 15:17, overseas516 said:

Drowning your sorrows. :P

Given the circumstances, I was willing to accept a 0-1 loss. I will have to take 0-2 defeat begrudgingly.

• Haha 1

On 07/12/2019 at 22:20, Baxidar ba said:

Honestly had the gap have been closer I’d have accepted a loss if it meant Liverpool not winning the league. 

But it’s a forgone conclusion now, City are too far behind & Leicester haven’t got the strength in depth to realistically stop your lot from winning the title. 

When it looks like it’s about to happen I’ll have a week off work sick (well will be pig sick) draw the curtains & dose up on sleeping pills. 

No papers, no TV & won’t log into PA. It’s been a longtime coming & your lot are clearly the best in the country. 

I should be magnanimous & accept you are deserved champions, But I just can’t do it. 

No I'm afraid Taylor bitter & resentful is the only way to go for me. 

Are you back at work tomorrow Baxidar Ba or are you having the week off sick? :PWith Rashford out for a minimum of six weeks i think you will need another striker or feel you have no chance of getting in the top four? :GrinNod1: What are you thoughts?

14 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

Are you back at work tomorrow Baxidar Ba or are you having the week off sick? :PWith Rashford out for a minimum of six weeks i think you will need another striker or feel you have no chance of getting in the top four? :GrinNod1: What are you thoughts?

we win the Europa League, UCL slot & a trophy to boot  :Bravo1:

2 minutes ago, Mick Pattaya said:

we win the Europa League, UCL slot & a trophy to boot  :Bravo1:

Where are the goals coming from Mick? You obviously are on the beer already Mick and have been for a considerable time drowning your sorrows with such wishful thinking.  :SoWhat1:

2 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

As it happens I had a major melt down at work a couple of weeks ago & walked out! Nothing to do with taunting Liverpool fans though. 

The bitter pill of today’s defeat is slightly sweetened by my upcoming  6 week trip to Thailand in just 7 days time. 

It was a big mistake not replacing Lukaku & whilst Greenwood has a bright future we really need a striker for the here & now. 

I don’t know the in & outs of the Halaand deal but I’m guessing his dad isn’t a big Utd fan. Whether this impacted negotiations is anyone’s guess. 

I do however have no faith in Woodward & his ability to bring in a top class striker. My guess is he’ll procrastinate the whole window & end up making a desperate last day deal. 

In answer to your question, we could still squeeze into 4th but it may be the failings of others that allows us to do so. 

Despite today’s defeat I think Leicester will just about hold on to 3rd then it’s a lottery for 4th spot. 

Arteta needs time at Arsenal but could put a decent run together, although 10 points is a lot to make up on Chelsea. 

Spurs have Jose & you wouldn’t put it past him to sneak 4th although without Kane it will be tough. 

Chelsea will I feel be the main threat & if I had to put money on it (& I hope I’m wrong) I feel Lampard will guide them to the last CL spot with ourselves finishing just above Spurs in 5th & 6th respectively. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

I do however have no faith in Woodward & his ability to bring in a top class striker. My guess is he’ll procrastinate the whole window & end up making a desperate last day deal. 

Possibly, we sign Declan Rice or Sean Longstaff, mediocrity thy name is Woodward.

:Anger::Insanity:

Keep the faith chaps,I,m sure all you United fans could do a better job than Woodward :Crazy1:...the scousers well deserved the win no question but with 5 minutes to go the Liverpool fans were panicking....if Martial had put away that chance who knows what the outcome could have been...

Nailed on the scousers first Premiership/League title in 30 years and well deserved....my judgement of Ole will come at the end of next season,you cannot put right overnight several years of mis-management.....what I can see now is the Desire and effort being put in by the players which did not happen under previous managers,yes we need strengthening in certain positions and dead wood needs removing which isn,t easy with some of the reported salaries being paid out but we are going in the right direction I firmly believe....been following United since the early 60,s when they signed Denis Law so I,ve experienced the ups and downs before...so what...it,s only a game not life and death....we had a tremendous run under Fergie it,s someone else,s turn now for a while....but we WILL be back :GrinNod1:

p.s. I,m starting a fund (1000 baht in already) to buy the club back from the Glaziers anyone wanting to contribute please PM me and I,ll give you my bank details.....cheers.

p.p.s. overcast here today in sin city and a rather humid 30 degrees (11 am) sat here on my balcony...to all those out there suffering in the cold/wet my commiserations :ThumbUp6:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Liverpool is winning the league this season fair and square, City did the same before that. Reconciled to the fact that Utd are not at that level. 

But, why are we struggling to make the UCL slots, Leicester will likely pip us this season and they will only get stronger next season with windfall money from UCL.

If one more season of mismanagement continues its quite likely that Wolves will give us a run for money for the top 4.

Sir Alex once said if you do not improve your team year-on-year, you do not stagnate at the same level, you actually detoriate.

A bitter pill to swallow yesterday fellas, but as they say ...onwards and upwards.

It may be a long road back but we'll get there, we're Man Utd.

And as for that lot (the worlds greatest ever team) don't forget they haven't won their own domestic league for 30 years, yes that's right 30 years.

MUFC-ONE LOVE

Chelsea dropping couple of points again tonight, if only.....if only.....

On a broader note, it seems quartet of Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal are so much behind the top 2.

I don't see any other team besides Liverpool or City winning the league in the next 5 years.

@Mick Pattaya yes you’re right about the gap now. 

The media like to pigeonhole, for years it was the big 4, Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea. 

Then City came into money & Poch started making strides at Spurs & 4 became 6. 

(Leicester’s 1 season aside) the title race was always contested by the usual suspects. 

The current list of title hopefuls now seems to be down to a big 2, as you say it could take years for anyone else to catch up to these 2. 

The big challenge facing the  best the rest (& we at Utd fall unfortunately into this category) is that the with the new PL TV deal the league is becoming more of a level playing field. 

The likes of usually traditional mid table sides now have the cash to buy & ability to pay very big wages.

West Ham £35 mil - Felipe Anderson

Leicester - £40 mil Tielemans,

Newcastle - £40 mil Joelinton

Wolves -  £30 mil Jiminez

Now Everton with a top manager & big money to invest with Ancelotti at the helm will expect to contend as well. 

The likes of Leicester & Wolves are very well run clubs with top coaches. 

Hence these types of teams have a more realistic ability to challenge the big boys. 

The task facing ourselves (& Ole in particular now) is he not only has to try & find a way to bridge the massive gap to that lot & City but also fend off the new money up & comers. 

The wolves are at the door, literally. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The mighty Burnley are in town tonight, can't see anything other than a struggle.

Expect plenty of anti-Glazer and Woodward songs.