IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

1999-2000, Barca manager - SACKED,   2000-2002, Holland manager, FAILED to qualify for world cup- SACKED,  2002-2003, 3 points from relegation zone in mid season- SACKED,  2003-2004, Ajax technical director- SACKED or RESIGNED, 2005-2009,  AZ manager .finished 2nd,3rd,11th and 1st,   2009-2011, Bayern, finished 1st and with 5 games left in 2nd year looked like not qualifying for CL- SACKED,  2012-2014, Holland manager . Qualified for this years world cup. Has won 2 titles this century and of the 6 management posts he has held he has been sacked 4 times for under achievement,

How dare you post this about your new King Louis van Gaal you peasant!! :WinkGrin1: :WinkGrin1: :WinkGrin1:

Every manager gets sacked several times in his career (except for Ferguson lol).

Not qualifying for the world cup in South Korea is regarded to be the biggest "failure" in his career. Van Gaal spend four years as a manager from AZ Alkmaar, a relatively small club in Holland which makes it hard to win any prices. AZ did win the Dutch League ("eredivisie") with Van Gaal in 2009 beating Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV Eindhoven and FC Twente.

Van Gaal has won 4 prices this century (3 in Munich) and as a manager also lost 2 Champion League finales (1996, Ajax vs. Juventus and 2010, Bayern Munich vs Inter Milan). Jose Mourinho and Louis Van Gaal are the only 2 managers ever who reached the semi-finales of the CL with 3 different teams.

post-14907-0-19563000-1400660689.png

post-14907-0-33857100-1400660692.png

When I said titles I meant league championships, he also won a couple of cups but most of his honours were with Ajax in the 90s, since the turn of the century Rafa Benitez has won far more and yet he is considered a joke manager by Man Utd fans. It should be interesting at OT next season and if the fixtures are unkind and he loses ground early in the season the fans will turn very quickly just like they did with Moyes, chocs away for the Van Gaal out message

The a Guardian Newspaper report that Van Gaal Top ten Target in transfer Market .

1. Luke Shaw , Southampton , 18 yrs old , Full Back ... £30m ( got him )

2. Mats Hummels , Borussia Dortmund , 25 yrs old , Central Defender , £25-£30m ( watching him )

3. Toni Kroos , Bayern Munich , Midfielder , 24 yrs old, £30m (got him today)

4. Arjen Robben , Bayern Munich , 30 yrs old , Winger. £30 m ( probably)

5. Cesc Fabregas , Barcelona , 27 yrs old, Midfielder , £35-£40 m (probably)

6. Thomas Muller , Bayern Munich , 24 yrs old, Forward . £35m(probably )

7.Marco Reus, Borussia Dortmund , 24 yrs old , Winger, £35m (probably)

8. Karin Benzema , Real Madrid , 26 yrs old , Forward , Centre Forward , £30m. (Probably)

9. Ellaquim Mangala , Porto , Centre Back, 23 yrs old, £35m (probably, Also wanted by City )

10. Dante , Bayern Munich , Centre Back , 30 yrs old , £35m( probably , but signed a three yrs contract with Munuch 2 mth ago)

Whatever happens in the transfer window i predict it will be at least 5 years before United win the title again. A very big gap to fill to catch up with City.

At last Moysey has learned how to attack.......hes been accused of assault in a wine bar

I came across this picture on a well-known dutch soccer website. I think this picture says all: it is well-known even as a player Van Gaal really only wanted to be a trainer/manager.Van Gaal didn't really impress as a player. He played 8 consecutive seasons for Sparta Rotterdam in the eredivisie (dutch PL). It almost seems most famous soccer players don't become a succesfull manager. Johan Cruijff did but players like Ruud Gullit, Frank Rijkaard and Marco van Basten didn't. The "average" players became far more succesfull (Advocaat, Hiddink and Van Gaal for example). Don't know about the english ex-players though :WinkGrin1:

post-14907-0-91163000-1400790674_thumb.jpg

At last Moysey has learned how to attack.......hes been accused of assault in a wine bar

Might be favourite for the Celtic job after that .... ;)

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

"Tony Kroos" they said "Done deal" they said "Bargain at 20 mill" they said, only one problem....no-one told Tony.

First decision Van Gaal has made as a manager of Man.U.: " I do not need Toni (with an "i") Kroos" according to Dutch media. Van Gaal didn't give his approval.

Edited by siamsmile33

Your right, Toni with an "i",well i never, but never mind they have always got Danni welbeck

Edited by meaty
  • Like 1

I came across this picture on a well-known dutch soccer website. I think this picture says all: it is well-known even as a player Van Gaal really only wanted to be a trainer/manager.Van Gaal didn't really impress as a player. He played 8 consecutive seasons for Sparta Rotterdam in the eredivisie (dutch PL). It almost seems most famous soccer players don't become a succesfull manager. Johan Cruijff did but players like Ruud Gullit, Frank Rijkaard and Marco van Basten didn't. The "average" players became far more succesfull (Advocaat, Hiddink and Van Gaal for example). Don't know about the english ex-players though :WinkGrin1:

If you look at the English Premier league out of the teams that qualified for the Champions League, only one of their managers had a decent career as a player.

Lots of players don't bother to give it a go as managers though as they can land cushy jobs as pundits. Those that had half a brain are multi millionaires and can retire at the end of their football career. Those that don't have half a brain and end up bankrupt within 5 years, well you wouldn't want them managing your club would you? 

• Like 1

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

According to dutch media sources Van Gaal wants United to get Kevin Strootman (AS Roma). Van Gaal also told United he isn't interested in Fabregas (Barcelona).

post-14907-0-23513600-1401119831.jpg

Edited by siamsmile33

According to dutch media sources Van Gaal wants United to get Kevin Strootman (AS Roma). Van Gaal also told United he isn't interested in Fabregas (Barcelona).

I'm glad Van Gaal not interested in Febregas , I never liked his style of play, his heart is always in Arsenal and Barcelona , strootman is the right man for United .

Edwin rates new coach Hoek

Edwin van der Sar has shed light on the expertise new goalkeeping coach Frans Hoek will bring with him to Manchester United.

Hoek will join the Reds alongside new manager Louis van Gaal and assistant coach Marcel Bout after completing his duties with the Netherlands at this summer’s World Cup.

The 57-year-old was van der Sar’s first goalkeeping at Ajax in the early 1990s and the Reds’ former no. 1 believes he’s a good appointment.

"He groomed me and helped me learn all the things I needed to know to be a successful footballer over a lot of years," van der Sar said.

"Like Louis van Gaal, he’s really exact with his exercises – they both put a lot of thought into them. He was one of the first guys I know who connected the goalkeepers with defenders and midfielders in terms of exercises.

"It wasn’t only about practising goalkicks as a keeper – he would think about the different situations you might yourself be in during a game and try to find exercises and drills for us that he would combine with the outfield players."

Hoek will be tasked with helping United’s Double Player of the Year David De Gea continue on his upward curve and van der Sar added: "He should be a great help for David.

With Malcolm glazer passing away, will be interesting to see if his other brothers sell up

With Malcolm glazer passing away, will be interesting to see if his other brothers sell up

He was the Dad

RIP Malcolm , thanks for the last ten years of United success . Only found out his death from Manciry09 post above . How ironically ! Thanks Mancity09.

He was the Dad

Yes my mistake, just read that he has 6 sons who own 90% of the club, for some reason I thought it was his brothers, didn't know he was 89 years old

Yes my mistake, just read that he has 6 sons who own 90% of the club, for some reason I thought it was his brothers, didn't know he was 89 years old

86 yrs old.

And five sons ( one daughter ) , but let's not spilt heirs .... ;)

Edited by Stillearly

Life of Ryan Giggs , Caretaker Manager on ITV tomorrow at 9pm. Should be good to watch including his famous solo goal against Arsenal in FA cup over a decade ago.

• 2 weeks later...

United fans today woke up with full of encouraging news about Holland win last night . Robben and RVP is a deadly duo , Would love to have him here too.

• Like 1

People can't deny there's good chemistry between Van Gaal and Van Persie... :WinkGrin1:

post-14907-0-66792600-1402746248.jpg

post-14907-0-73236600-1402746256_thumb.jpg

post-14907-0-68853100-1402746260.jpg

post-14907-0-49839500-1402746263.jpg

And another one for the rumour mill: according to dutch newspapers Van Gaal is interested in Nigel de Jong (midfielder AC Milan and national team The Netherlands).

Good player imho.

post-14907-0-44580800-1403431743_thumb.png

post-14907-0-34269500-1403432732.jpg