Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

Talksport radio saying that Van Gaal and Giggs could be announced today as the dreamteam to take Utd forward. As long as Ferguson is around its going to be difficult for whoever takes over.

Talksport radio saying that Van Gaal and Giggs could be announced today as the dreamteam to take Utd forward. As long as Ferguson is around its going to be difficult for whoever takes over.

True. If I understand correctly (note: as english isn't my native language it's sometimes difficult to "read between the lines") you're saying Ferguson still has influence which could make it more difficult for any manager to work at Man.U.

In The Nederlands Louis van Gaal is a well known public figure since he became the manager at ajax in the early '90's. In Holland everyone knows the way Van Gaal acts for over 20 years now and everyone is convinced he's a good manager (he has won a lot of prices) but an (extremely) difficult person to deal with as he can't stand any criticism whatsover. No matter who's in front of him,  it could be Johan Cruijff, Karl Heinz Rummenigge, the entire dutch media, specific journalists or Sir Alex Furguson for that matter: Van Gaal won't avoid conflict if something (someone..) is bothering him.

His behaviour could be considered as "extremely arrogant". If I speak for myself I am not a Van Gaal fan but I do think he's a *great manager* who -if he get's time- has all the abilities it takes to build a whole new team. His "relationship" with one of the most important players, Van Persie is also very good. It will be interesting to see how the relationship between Van Gaal and the english media (tabloids) develops.

post-14907-0-17140600-1400153712.jpg

Sky news say LVG (as I'm now calling him) will sign a 3 year deal & an official announcement due on Sunday. Was listening to talk sport the other day & they were interviewing a prominent Dutch journalist who absolutely slated the Dutch international defence, he reckoned to a man they were all rubbish. We desperately need some central defenders so hope he doesn't bring any of the Dutch CB'S with him.

Sky news say LVG (as I'm now calling him) will sign a 3 year deal & an official announcement due on Sunday. Was listening to talk sport the other day & they were interviewing a prominent Dutch journalist who absolutely slated the Dutch international defence, he reckoned to a man they were all rubbish. We desperately need some central defenders so hope he doesn't bring any of the Dutch CB'S with him.

Curious who that dutch journalist actually was.. :WinkGrin1:

Truth is the Dutch national team has difficulties to form a stable defence though I don't agree they are all "rubish". Van Gaal is experimenting on how to play.Most players are very young and have little experience playing important matches on an international level. As you can see on the list most defenders ("verdediging")  are not at all known in Europa and almost all play in the Dutch League, though some of them have a huge potential (Bruno Martins Indi, Janmaat, Kongolo), especially when people condider their age. Van Gaal is known for his ability to make young players better (and his "inability" to work with -already arrived- players).  What the Dutch team are lacking are men like Jaap Stam, Ronald Koeman and Frank de Boer. Ron Vlaar just isn't the same lol.

Feyenoord-defenders Martins Indi, De Vrij and Kongolo became better players as former defender Ronald Koeman has worked with them in his role as manager of Feyenoord for the last 3 seasons.

Note, I'm not interested in "Oranje" (the dutch team) at all.... never have, never will...*can't even chear for players of ajax lol*. The expectations for this World Cup have never before been so low. People expect Oranje to fail big time, hence the journalist who spoke so negative about the defence......

I only care for Feyenoord Rotterdam but if Van Gaal is interested in a dutch defender chances are it will be Martins Indi.

Offtopic: If Van Gaal would buy a midfielder (next season) chances are big he'll bring Kevin Strootman (AS Roma) to United. Now injured but normally one of the strongholders of Oranje.

post-14907-0-06168200-1400170273.png

Edited by siamsmile33

Strootman, Van Gaal and Van Persie.

post-14907-0-37170000-1400170698.jpg

post-14907-0-87417000-1400170701.jpg

Ferguson views OT as his kingdom and LVG will come in and want to do things his way from top to bottom, there can only be one king...should be interesting

Ferguson views OT as his kingdom and LVG will come in and want to do things his way from top to bottom, there can only be one king...should be interesting

Some of the prominent dutch journalists and tv programs have been criticizing Ferguson a lot this past season, especially the fact he still seems to intervene. I did a google search "alex ferguson" and stumbled across recent news items which shows he still wants to control what happens at the club. If Manchester U. signs Van Gaal you can be sure he wants to be the big boss.

Should be interesting indeed...

"As Keane’s name swirls inside the vacuum created by the dismissal of David Moyes, Sportsmail understands that Ferguson, now an influential director of the club he managed for 27 years, won’t countenance any role for the former midfielder"

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2612698/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-block-Man-United-return-Roy-Keane-Gary-Neville-Ryan-Giggs-preferred-backroom-role.html

Edited by siamsmile33

Offtopic: If Van Gaal would buy a midfielder (next season) chances are big he'll bring Kevin Strootman (AS Roma) to United. Now injured but normally one of the strongholders of Oranje.

I was really wondering why Kevin Strootman did NOT sign for ManU last year. He would have walked into any Premier League team except (maybe) Citeh. Yet despite the transfer rumours he ended up in AS Roma for some 15million Euros. ManU will have to spend some 30million Euros now if they want to sign him. 

Rumour has it that Van Gaal wants to sign a few of the players he worked with when he was managing Bayern Munich. Anyone but Robben would be a great transfer. Rumour also has it that his no1 target is Arjen Robben  :Think1:

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

Exciting to see this Player James Wilson who scored two goals on his premiership debut for United . http://youtu.be/O5dFgez6nGo

http://cl.exct.net/?qs=4b49472d3bfb31b66240bcc5075bc65425abe1320d3c4cf2cdeb1df5c94d626b538040d9a3bbfc82

Edited by jocky king
  • Like 1

I was really wondering why Kevin Strootman did NOT sign for ManU last year. He would have walked into any Premier League team except (maybe) Citeh. Yet despite the transfer rumours he ended up in AS Roma for some 15million Euros. ManU will have to spend some 30million Euros now if they want to sign him.

Rumour has it that Van Gaal wants to sign a few of the players he worked with when he was managing Bayern Munich. Anyone but Robben would be a great transfer. Rumour also has it that his no1 target is Arjen Robben :Think1:

Both Strootman & Garay from Benfica were nailed on signings for United last season before the news broke of Fergie's retirement. United have never been the most savvy in the transfer market. We could have bought Rio earlier from West Ham before he went to Leeds, add to that what we overpaid for Carrick, Berbatov & dare I say it Fellaini.

As for Arjen Robben, in short ''No', he can earn his final pay day somewhere else. He passed us over once already for Chelsea. His predictable style of cutting in and taking a wild piss shot into thin air is too predictable for defenders to read, we have Gashley Young already who fills that role. Given the situation we are in at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if we did go for him, but he would be a stepping stone signing. Our priority is central midfield & defence.

Edited by jinx
  • Like 2

jinx

Catch my first report ;               Catch my third report ;

Drinker Tailor Sober Thai     The Place Beyond The Fines. 

Catch my second report ;        My final report :

The Monger Games            Final Random Acts 

Robben has to be one of the most overrated players of his generation, can't stand his constant diving & whining either. Really hope we don't sign him. Strootman is supposedly the Dutch Roy Keane, & whilst there's only one Keano we desperately need some leadership & bite in the middle.

Robben has to be one of the most overrated players of his generation, can't stand his constant diving & whining either. Really hope we don't sign him. Strootman is supposedly the Dutch Roy Keane, & whilst there's only one Keano we desperately need some leadership & bite in the middle.

Don't fear..Robben stays in Munich and will end his career there :WinkGrin1:  He won't come back to England. Strootman could be a useful player. Playing for PSV Eindhoven he lost his temper a lot but now it seems he doesn't get too many unnecessary yellow and red cards anymore for arguing with the ref.

Jordy Clasie from Feyenoord looks a very encouraging young midfielder in the creative sense, great pass to Van Persie last night, he also is strong in the tackle for a small guy.

jinx

We have too many forward and wingers to select from , We don't need to buy forwards anymore but midfields and central back dept need a massive change , get rid of Cleverly ( never likes his style of okay, bit Like Wilkins)Carrick (I likes him but not a player he was) Giggsy (can't use Oldies in the premiership) Fellaini , Kagwna . Defenders , Rio ( too old , not fast enough for premiership ), Evans (injury prone).

We have too many forward and wingers to select from , We don't need to buy forwards anymore but midfields and central back dept need a massive change , get rid of Cleverly ( never likes his style of okay, bit Like Wilkins)Carrick (I likes him but not a player he was) Giggsy (can't use Oldies in the premiership) Fellaini , Kagwna . Defenders , Rio ( too old , not fast enough for premiership ), Evans (injury prone).

Not sure about wingers JK, Young & Valencia don't inspire much confidence on big stages, would rather be happy if Utd went on & signed Angel Di Maria from Real, got real pace & dribble & looks to be surplus to requirements after Bale's debut season, Alexis of Barca can be considered too.

................................................................................................................

Not sure about wingers JK, Young & Valencia don't inspire much confidence on big stages, would rather be happy if Utd went on & signed Angel Di Maria from Real, got real pace & dribble & looks to be surplus to requirements after Bale's debut season, Alexis of Barca can be considered too.

Young will probably have to go too , big clubs have no interest in him, but I likes Valencia , he covers the defence while playing on the wing , Rooney's favorite winger . If United were to have Van Gaal , it is a pity that he has not enough time to prepare the United squad for the new season after his World Cup in Brazil. Plus he don't have much time , wheeling and dealing before the transfer window closure .

Good point Jocky about Valencia, I would actually play him as a full back or wing back. He has never been the attacking treat he was after he suffered a bad injury a few seasons ago. I would definitely keep Tony, but Young & Nani will be no doubt out the door this transfer window.

jinx

United appoint van gaal giggs as assistant.

Thank you, I just switch on Sky News now , confirmed Van Gaal is the new Boss , great news for United fans , early before the World Cup is important , hopefully he will be given a huge treasure box to buy players .

Glory Glory Man United . :)

image.jpg

think utd should be thinking about signing javi martinaz,a good defence,s midfielder,who could be available from munich,disagree with you lads on robbens think he,s a great winger,that winger from benfica would be a good buy but you are talking big money.

According to Dutch journalists it seems Van Gaal gets 100 million to spend on new players, and possibly another 100 million during or at the end of this season. It seems he can buy one player in each "line" (?). So 1 defender, 1 midfielder, 1 forward though sources in Holland say there will be at least 4 new players when the new season starts.

Big chance he'll want to have players from the German Bundesliga though rumours say he might be interested in Jordy Clasie, Stefan de Vrij or Bruno Martins Indi (all Feyenoord). Just today Feyenoord turned down an offer of 5 million euro for De Vrij from Lazio Roma.

post-14907-0-34810600-1400513794_thumb.png

post-14907-0-12157000-1400513797_thumb.png

post-14907-0-39120600-1400513801_thumb.jpg

Van Gaal in his young years .

image.jpg

• Like 1

As I said in some previous mail of mine I'm not a Van Gaal fan. His behaviour in the media could be considered as "extremely arrogant" but I do think he's a *great manager* who -if he get's time- has all the abilities it takes to build a whole new team. I'm 38 years old so I know Van Gaal for over 20 years now. Dutch media had been covering his career from the day he started as a manager at Ajax. I wish I could describe the way he talks and reacts when he speaks dutch. It would also be nice to know what the "average" dutch person thinks of Van Gaal but I guess the english media (including the tabloids) already "know" what kind of reputation Van Gaal has ("a very professional manager who has won a lot of prices but also a stubborn man who won't take criticism easy. Above all he's considered arrogant hence "The Ego Has Landed").

Note: if Alex Furguson thinks he can manage/control Van Gaal he's dead wrong. Van Gaal is boss from now on. I don't mean to sound "negative" (I mean: I'm not writing this in my native language so have mercy :WinkGrin1: ) but it's the truth. Just ask Johan Cruijff and Karl-Heinz Rummenige.

I think Van Gaal is the right man for the job but there's a chance he needs some time to get the players to play as HE wants them to play. Van Gaal is known for making young players better. The past has shown that most (younger) players think highly of Van Gaal in contrary to the "big stars". His relationship with star-players like Ibrahimovic, Ribery and Giovanni was bad.

It's gonna be an interesting time in Manchester following Van Gaal, especially as he wants to have full control over everything, even the media. I'm curious if he's able to cope with all the tabloids in the UK :WinkGrin1:

Like I wrote before; I don't really follow much of soccer outside of The Netherlands, Van Gaal has even been a trainer/manager at the wrong club (ajax *vomit*).But I do hope Van Gaal will succeed in his mission to get United back on track. He's Dutch after all....Dutch media coverage about Man.U. and Van Gaal btw is extensive. Dutch media even show the english newspapers and tabloids :wink:

Just wondering if he wants players from Feyenoord Rotterdam....

post-14907-0-51404100-1400626186.png

post-14907-0-47257600-1400626209.jpg

Edited by siamsmile33

1999-2000, Barca manager - SACKED,   2000-2002, Holland manager, FAILED to qualify for world cup- SACKED,  2002-2003, 3 points from relegation zone in mid season- SACKED,  2003-2004, Ajax technical director- SACKED or RESIGNED, 2005-2009,  AZ manager .finished 2nd,3rd,11th and 1st,   2009-2011, Bayern, finished 1st and with 5 games left in 2nd year looked like not qualifying for CL- SACKED,  2012-2014, Holland manager . Qualified for this years world cup. Has won 2 titles this century and of the 6 management posts he has held he has been sacked 4 times for under achievement,