Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Manchester United thread

Baxidar ba

To show you I am not a bad loser , Many congratulations to Manchester City for their well deserved win on the 2013/14 Premiership Title for second time in the last three years. Manchester United is seventh in the league, possibly the worst position since 1989-90 where they were in 13 th place ironically managed by Sir Alex Ferguson.

We should have got rid of Moyes much earlier :Cuss:

................................................................................................................

Congratulations to Spurs on getting the Europa League spot ;)

If United couldn't make it into the top four , then seventh is probably the best place to finish .... no distractions next year , no excuses , just the Premier League and domestic cups to play for

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

I SPIT AT MAN U !

LOVE LIVERPOOL SUPPORTER

:Finger5: :Finger5: :Finger5: :Finger5: :Finger5: :Finger5: :Finger5: :Finger5: :Finger5: :Finger5:

Pics-of-the-day.jpg

• Like 2

Louis Van Gaal. Can't believe how this guy is still cashing in from the players he promoted from the Ajax academy. 

Well you get a man who has won the Champions League (some 20 years ago though). Then he went to Barcelona where he was successful. He was criticised for mainly signing Dutch players, 3 in his first year and 5 more in his second year in charge. 

Turn of the century finds him as manager of the Netherlands national team. He failed to qualify for the World Cup despite managing a star studded team. He then went back to Barcelona, but only stayed there for 6 months or so, as the club relieved him from his duties. Barcelona was 3 points away from a relegation spot when he was given the boot.

Maybe managing a high profile club was stressful so he went on to manage AZ Alkmaar. He managed to win the Eredivisie after 4 years in charge. To put this achievement into perspective the Eredivisie was won the next season by Twente managed by Steve McLaren. 

He then cashed in his great success by going on to manage FC Bayern Munich. He won the league in his first season in charge, lost in the champions league final, but was sacked in 2011 due to poor results. 

I guess he was entitled to a last paycheck before retirement.

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

I agree with you Jocky, I'd much rather see City win it than Liverpool. & putting club loyalty aside it's impossible to dislike Pellagrini who has handled himself with dignity & not been drawn into a slanging match with the Mourinho sideshow which is starting to get tiresome.

Just been announced in the last few minutes that United have just made an official bid for Southampton's Luke Shaw. Serious money too at £27 mil.

I think poor Southampton are going to lose a few players, pity really they have played some good stuff at times.

Just been announced that Rio Ferdinand is not to be offered a new contract & has left the club. Really disappointed as I think Rio still has a lot to offer. Over the last 12 years Rio has been a great player, he says he's not going to retire & is looking at offers from other clubs. I think all Utd fans will wish him well.

Seems a little weird that these decisions are being made without a manager in place ..

Just been announced that Rio Ferdinand is not to be offered a new contract & has left the club. Really disappointed as I think Rio still has a lot to offer. Over the last 12 years Rio has been a great player, he says he's not going to retire & is looking at offers from other clubs. I think all Utd fans will wish him well.

Yeah , will wish him well but won't miss him, the premiership is getting too fast for him. Maybe championship league is right for him, Cardiff ? Reunion with his playmate Gunnar ??

I think we'll miss him more than you think Jocky. With Vidic gone & the uncertainty over Smalling (good enough) Jones (too many injuries) & Evans (injuries + is he good enough?) true enough he'd lost a yard of pace but he could often compensate for this with his excellent reading of the game. I think he might fancy a season in the sun (maybe the states) or even back to West Ham? One things for certain the times they are a changing.

Join 'Arry at QPR maybe ..

There was a rumour he might join if they got promoted, not sure Harry will even be at QPR next season. One things for sure there's a big gap in centre the of our defence at the moment.

I'll miss Vidic more than Ferdinand & may I say at this point all the best to Patrice Evra in the future who it looks like will leave if Shaw arrives.

jinx

Catch my first report ;               Catch my third report ;

Drinker Tailor Sober Thai     The Place Beyond The Fines. 

Catch my second report ;        My final report :

The Monger Games            Final Random Acts 

Rio, Evra and Vidic aren't getting any younger so the new manager wasn't keen on retaining them. 

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

I heard { from someone at the club} that there was possibly as many as 9 players leaving but that was when Moyes was there, things may have changed.

Ryan Giggs to discuss Man Utd role with Louis van Gaal today.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27403370

Being a Feyenoord supporter Siam, how do you rate Bruno Martins Indy ?. Rumour has it that Van Gaal may take him to United.

jinx

Catch my first report ;               Catch my third report ;

Drinker Tailor Sober Thai     The Place Beyond The Fines. 

Catch my second report ;        My final report :

The Monger Games            Final Random Acts 

Being a Feyenoord supporter Siam, how do you rate Bruno Martins Indy ?. Rumour has it that Van Gaal may take him to United.

As I am a Feyenoord-supporter indeed I saw BMI play a lot of matches in the Dutch League ("eredivisie"). He's a good, strong defender who also plays in the National Team. I do know the level of soccer is much, much higher in England so it's still hard to say if he'll be that good against the best possible opponents. I don't really follow the PL as my main interest in soccer is Feyenoord  :WinkGrin1:  But I'd say chances are big he'll become (an even) better player in the Premier League. For sure he's a better player than Ron Vlaar who also is an ex-player of Feyenoord, as is Van Persie.

I read about the rumours.. I'd also love to see Wesley Sneijder (ex-player of ajax :rolleyes:, now Galatasaray) in the Premier League but chances are small as Van Gaal has been criticising Sneijder a lot.

post-14907-0-81003700-1400087064_thumb.png

• Like 2

I think United would need two or three Dutch players , United don't have any bully boys in the team , they are all too nice which is a problem this season. Wish Roy Keane is young again, he frightens a lot of teams with his bully tactics in the middle of the park, maybe Van Gaal knows already who he wants to bring to United . Will be a interesting summer for United , I think , not playing in Europe next season would be good for United , cos gives United a chance to regroup together in training and league matches without having to play in the midweek in the winter.

United vs Chelsea in the under 21's PL final , great start for United one up from Tom Lawrence , think there's some European game on the other side :)

United vs Chelsea in the under 21's PL final , great start for United one up from Tom Lawrence , think there's some European game on the other side :)

Damn , miss that , I am watching Europa league final, very good football there .

2-1 to Chelsea , cracking match , some great goals , thought United were going to take it to extra time at the end ...

2-1 to Chelsea , cracking match , some great goals , thought United were going to take it to extra time at the end ...

Ah fuck ... Still watching Europa League final , now in Extra time, Mbia a great defensive midfielder for Seville , please United Scouts, look out for him . He is on loan from QPR.

Edited by jocky king