IGNORED

Mobile issues

Rocketboy

Ok guys i'm a little slow with phone technology so bare with me, cause I know this has been asked before.

I have a basic Nokia phone I brought in the Philippines a few years ago, only has text and calling capability, have been using it in when I go to Thailand. I go to 7-11 and get a sim card and they do everything for me.

Can I put a Thai sim card in my new LG G2 and use it like I do here in the states, wifi, internet, calls,etc. and not get charged through the roof. I used my old S4 a few times when I was there and got charged like crazy by ATT?

I think the New Phones unless tgey are unlocked will not work with any Sim nowadays.

You could of course get yours unlocked then use the Thai Sim I am unsure if unlocking would then effect things when back at Home with your Yanky Sim I do not see why but you never know.

Tukcom can unlick in about 20 mins max

Ghosty

Thx Ghosty. Will give it a try when I'm there.

In addition to getting it unlocked, you will need to change the APN if you want to use data.  Don't forget to change it back when you return home.  Some networks will 'push' this info for you.  If you just need it for calls and SMS, leave it alone and get your data via wifi.

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

• 2 months later...

As mentioned above you may have to get the phone unlocked. Also your LG G2 takes a micro sim which is a lot smaller than a normal sim card. So make sure you get a micro sim card in 7-11. Your other options are to cut down a regular sim card to micro sim size (I wouldn't recommend this) or go to a phone shop and get them to do it with a dedicated sim cutter. My preferred choice would be to visit a phone store upon arrival and purchase a micro sim.

Hope this helps

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Archived