Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Music License & Copyright

pattayagolf

In my new bar WILDCATS, Soho Square we have the 1st Licensed music box in Pattaya playing a variety of songs including Rock Classics and the latest pop tunes.The music box contains over 2000 songs.

Now if you have a business here in Thailand you should be aware that you need a music license to play songs to the public and you should be using ORIGINAL CD's . If you are playing copy CD's or you don't have a license you can be fined by "The Music Police". This fine can be as high as 50,000 baht

We are now acting as an agent to set up these music boxes at bars,restaurants, clubs around Pattaya.

These are the initial set up costs for an average size bar approx 50 to 150 sq.m.

The music box plugs into your existing system same as a DVD player

1.Music Box containing 2000 songs

Including international music copyright, monthly updates of songs, monthly maintenance, and any labour or parts.

14,400 baht PER YEAR.

2.A deposit of 8,000 baht is required for the Music Box.

Fully refundable if the music box is returned in good condition.

3.License of Audio to Public (minimum charge of 17 seats per venue)

200 baht per seat PER YEAR

4. One time payment of 2,000 baht to Agent.

We now have our music box set up with all our favourite music on one playlist which means no more buying of expensive CD's, no more changing discs, and all legal to boot.

If you are interested in looking at the Music Box or need more info please call into Wildcats, Soho Square and ask for Kevin. Normally between 8.30 and midnight.

Hope this helps some of you

DSC03114.JPG

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

I have written and/or been involved in several big hits and what I find funny is when I get my royalty statements I never see royalties from Thailand. So who’s copyrights are they protecting. Plus every cd I have seen sold in thailand has been a bootleg so agai nwho’s copyright are they protecting

I have written and/or been involved in several big hits and what I find funny is when I get my royalty statements I never see royalties from Thailand. So who’s copyrights are they protecting. Plus every cd I have seen sold in thailand has been a bootleg so agai nwho’s copyright are they protecting

There are shops in the malls selling legit copies. Therefore one would expect the Thai equivalent of the MCPS to collect the publishing royalties from the sales value and distribute it where necessary.

I would expect the equivalent of PPL and PRS to collect from payment of the license fee if they existed. Maybe they don't exist or maybe they do and whoever is repsonsible for collecting your royalties hasn't had much luck in chasing for them. Maybe there's some clause in your contract about the music in Asia, I don't know it's just a guess if you understand where I'm coming from.

I don't earn royalties myself. I was looking into the possibility of selling Filipino music here in the UK and hit a brick wall trying to understand how to get payment from the PPL & PRS to the artistes. It didn't help matters with the fact that Itunes UK were selling their music anyway, through the record labels they had signed Filipino/asian only distribution deals with.

If you feel that you are owed money, I would contact whoever is responsible for collecting it and ask what they are doing about it. I'd be interested to know how it goes and wish you the best in trying to get it.

If you feel that you are owed money, I would contact whoever is responsible for collecting it and ask what they are doing about it. I'd be interested to know how it goes and wish you the best in trying to get it.

Your two points of call will be the MCPS-PRS if you're a member of their society. They are obligated to chase royalties on your behalf from overseas affiliates/territories. Mind you, saying that I wouldn't hold much hope for Thailand, see link below

http://www.iam-magazine.com/reports/detail...38-40c0878f6f48

Secondly, the record label that your songs are released on should be chasing your royalties. This would be easier if they're one of the majors e.g. Universal, SonyBMG, EMI/Virgin & Warners.

Good luck!

There are shops in the malls selling legit copies. Therefore one would expect the Thai equivalent of the MCPS to collect the publishing royalties from the sales value and distribute it where necessary.

I would expect the equivalent of PPL and PRS to collect from payment of the license fee if they existed. Maybe they don't exist or maybe they do and whoever is repsonsible for collecting your royalties hasn't had much luck in chasing for them. Maybe there's some clause in your contract about the music in Asia, I don't know it's just a guess if you understand where I'm coming from.

I don't earn royalties myself. I was looking into the possibility of selling Filipino music here in the UK and hit a brick wall trying to understand how to get payment from the PPL & PRS to the artistes. It didn't help matters with the fact that Itunes UK were selling their music anyway, through the record labels they had signed Filipino/asian only distribution deals with.

yeah i have bmi collect my royalities. they get me every dime they can. its the majors (sony, Def jam) who play with my money.. but to be honest i never have to work again because i get some nice royality checks quarterly..

as for your dilema. trying to break foreign music is in to english/american market is a hard task... digital is the way to go.just spend money on promotions and u will see sales..

if u ever want hip-hop remixes let me know