Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Emerites business class

soi7morty

I have racked up enough points now for a business class flight. I'm going next month economy flight booked already. Trouble is with my points I can only get it Newcastle to Dubai and I have to pay around £90 airport tax to do so. Is it really worth doing as I can book the new airport lounge for £17 so I get 3 hours worth of free drink there. The seats and service does look tempting but for an extra £90 I'm not quite sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course its worth 90£ but if in were you id try and book on the dubai/bangkok leg as taxes will be lower

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

I have racked up enough points now for a business class flight. I'm going next month economy flight booked already. Trouble is with my points I can only get it Newcastle to Dubai and I have to pay around £90 airport tax to do so. Is it really worth doing as I can book the new airport lounge for £17 so I get 3 hours worth of free drink there. The seats and service does look tempting but for an extra £90 I'm not quite sure.

You sure it is 90 Quid ?

It is far more out of Manchester but that said it is a Saver Cattle Ticket so maybe you have a Flexi Cattle Class

Is it worth it ? Hmm only you can say but most of mine now are taken on Biz which I Love and for me it is worth it.

The 777 is IMO better than the A380 and if you take the plunge after first double checking the upgrade price the Lounge will be open to you at Newcastle your Bags will be checked through as Biz and a 7 Hr Flight will be nice. You of course then step down for the Second Leg which will be a Farking pain.

You still get Cattle points no Car pick-up with upgrade and it may be no seats show as most Cattle do not allow upgrade until 24 hrs.

If it shows as full you are fucked but if Silver or above can upgrade on Plane in case of a no show.

I know Manchester has a high load of Golds who go out and Biz Tickets and sometimes I can get a Bump other times I have to wait until the doors are closing in the hope a no show so I can leg it upstairs or to the front.

As they say in Thailand.... Up to You

Ghosty

Of course its worth 90£ but if in were you id try and book on the dubai/bangkok leg as taxes will be lower

No Taxes Dubai Bangkok leg only UK Departure has Departure Taxes the Fuckers

Ok thanks for the advice, I was hoping to get my head down 2nd half as I arrive into Bangkok dinner time, this way ill have had a few hrs and ready to rock, ill decide closer the time mite even just wait till I check in see what they can do

Think about using business class for the return leg instead. On the way out you'll ba all revved up at the prospect of getting there, so you'll hardly notice the journey anyway. On the way back, you'll be depressed enough to appreciate the luxury more.

Word of caution: Using Biz Class might spoil you. My first try had a pretty bad influence on (my) Economy.

=> I found it very nice, so I now book Biz everytime I fly to LOS. :Banghead2:

Please be kind to all members - "like" posts that are helpful!

Posted Image

You will get spoiled!

Thank You, John Gray.....PLEASE DON'T FORGET THE PARTY OF THE YEAR!!!!! TEXXXAS THE SHOW WITH OVER TWO DOZEN XXX ADULT FILM STARS AND MORE!!!   AUGUST 17-21st IN HOUSTON, TX. @ HILTON SOUTHWEST, WHERE YOU CAN STAY WHERE THE STARS STAY!!  AND ALL THE DETAILS WILL SOON BE UP ON WWW.TEXXXAS.COM OR LOOK IN  MY MAGAZINE ONLINE WWW.HOUSTONNIGHTMOVES.COM OR YOU MAY CALL ME AT 832-563-3699! ALL PA'S RECEIVE FREE ADMISSION!!!

Emirates Business class is fab.

Very nice seat & food.

Fabulous Airline.

Good point to have upgrade for your return flight, to cheer you up  !

You say you only have points for one leg of four NEW-DXB DXB-BKK BKK-DXB DXB-NEW

I didn't think you could do that ?

I would recommend the Dubai - Newcastle leg

Dubai has the best business lounge and the biggest (and no it isn't dry )

The big thing for me at Emirates Biz Lounge at DXB is the showers... its soooo nice to have a shower at the half way point of your flying to freshen up

And I concur with Ghostmedic.. the Airbus 380 business class seats are not as good as the older Boeing 777

On the 380 you get your own minibar, dock for a (pointlessly) wireless console, and some shelves.. but its all in the way ..its in the space you want your elbows to go !!!

And if you are given a seat near the back of the upper level on an A380, there is a bar back there. I have been on flights where some guys have would stand at the bar for whole flight, and therefore got loud and leery when I wanted to relax/sleep

Emirates biz class.jpg

Back next Weekend, going out on the 777 Yipee to Dubai, then the 380 onwards to Bangers and 380 back.

I farking Love it, but will re frame from Tossing off in the Bogs this time around, and be sat nowhere near the back end of the Bar.

I will also ask for the Womens Wash Bag of stuff as some Lucky Girl will get it as a nice Gift and accordingly reward me for it 555555555

Ghosty

you could wait and try to upgrade at the departure gate at Heathrow. I guess you might be able to avoid the extra tax if you are able to upgrade at all. Last july I was upgraded (complimentary) from heathrow to Dubai and there was no mention of tax money.

Archived